Bring it!

Bring it!

General

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Aug 14

when is this tribulation going to happen?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Aug 14

Originally posted by FMF
I was relieved because if Grampy Bobby had plagiarized the poem then I think he would probably have left the site for good which I would not wish to see.
And we are relieved to see you are still here... so we can continue lighting your farts.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Aug 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
He stopped posting. For GB, that's the same thing.
He's still posting, but not here... he's doing what he said he was going to do, he's taking a break from the General Forum. He never said he was leaving the site.

I'm secretly* hoping he's working on his next yearly Sleuthing game.

*don't tell anyone

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Aug 14

Originally posted by darvlay
What are you talking about?

You're outraged saying he left the site, then you say no he doesn't post, now it's all jokes when you see he is posting.

Are you feigning your outrage or just exaggerating what happened for some reason?

I'm just curious and trying to follow along.
FMF said he left the site. Or maybe he meant GB left that other site...?

It's sometimes hard to follow what FMF is saying, because it's often garbled and incomprehensible.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
07 Aug 14

Holy cow.

I'm gonna build a time machine to send you back about 6 or 7 years so you can make your younger self read that. And he'd laugh in your face, man. He'd especially like the "biting sarcasm and vulgarity" bit.

They say a person gets more conservative the older they get. God, I hope that's not it.
They say a person gets more conservative the older they get. God, I hope that's not it.

Not always, but's it's often true... it could even happen to you. 😲

I don't know if science has a cure for this or not. If not I suspect they are still working on it.

rc

Moves
07 Aug 14
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
FMF said he left the site. Or maybe he meant GB left that other site...?

It's sometimes hard to follow what FMF is saying, because it's often garbled and incomprehensible.
Despite being a superhero scourge of windbags, he seems to harbour a rather curious aversion to authoritative statements, one wonders how he scourges them? Perhaps with a brillo pad?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
08 Aug 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Despite being a superhero scourge of windbags, he seems to harbour a rather curious aversion to authoritative statements, one wonders how he scourges them? Perhaps with a brillo pad?
Bobby is like a super hero too, and a good super hero name for him would be Bane of Blowhards. Scourge of Windbags vs Bane of Blowhards... and you can see it all here on the RHP channel.

w

Moves
08 Aug 14

Tired of threads disappearing before you even get to read what's going on?

Tired of skillfully blasting your forum nemesis only to see them snivel like a weasel to the mods and get it deleted?

Tired of watching posters make accusation after accusation of other posters while couching their phrases in such a way as to not seem like they're saying what y ...[text shortened]... ake action! Fun for all can be had here so post here today to avoid missing out on all the fun!
I only had one thread deleted.

It was entitled, "Is Islam and mental illness a deadly combo?"

I thought it was a fair question, what say you?

F

Moves
08 Aug 14

Originally posted by whodey
I only had one thread deleted.

It was entitled, "Is Islam and mental illness a deadly combo?"

I thought it was a fair question, what say you?
Was the thread deleted because of its title or was it deleted because of things that were posted on the thread?

w

Moves
08 Aug 14

Originally posted by FMF
Was the thread deleted because of its title or was it deleted because of things that were posted on the thread?
Nope, just the title.

It appears that some took offense at the question only.

F

Moves
08 Aug 14

Nope, just the title.

It appears that some took offense at the question only.
The PM from the web site owners specifically said it was being deleted because of the title? That's interesting.

I am not sure that the 'some took offence' factor is that significant. People are 'taking offence' on this web site all the time ~ especially on the Debates Forum ~ maybe literally hundreds of times a day.

I think it's more likely that the site's owners deemed the content or direction of the thread to be a violation of the TOS or that they decided the topic as laid out did not add value to their site.

w

Moves
08 Aug 14

Originally posted by FMF
The PM from the web site owners specifically said it was being deleted because of the title? That's interesting.

I am not sure that the 'some took offence' factor is that significant. People are 'taking offence' on this web site all the time ~ especially on the Debates Forum ~ maybe literally hundreds of times a day.

I think it's more likely that the site ...[text shortened]... violation of the TOS or that they decided the topic as laid out did not add value to their site.
They did not provide an in depth explanation.

But then, what does it really matter? Censorship is censorship. It is always "justified" in some form or fashion.

F

Moves
08 Aug 14

They did not provide an in depth explanation.

But then, what does it really matter? Censorship is censorship. It is always "justified" in some form or fashion.
Well I am a firm advocate of freedom of speech and I don't like to see threads deleted but this is a privately owned web site and the its owners' rights to add or delete anything from it is, in a sense, their freedom of speech being exercised, and it trumps the rights of users of the site to post whatever they want. I'd prefer that threads which are offensive to one party or another to be left there for all to see and confront if they want to but I wouldn't criticize the site's owners for doing what they want with their own site.

w

Moves
08 Aug 14

Originally posted by FMF
Well I am a firm advocate of freedom of speech and I don't like to see threads deleted but this is a privately owned web site and the its owners' rights to add or delete anything from it is, in a sense, their freedom of speech being exercised, and it trumps the rights of users of the site to post whatever they want. I'd prefer that threads which are offensive to ...[text shortened]... want to but I wouldn't criticize the site's owners for doing what they want with their own site.
It's just a good thing I don't own an NBA team. 😛

F

Moves
08 Aug 14

Censorship is censorship. It is always "justified" in some form or fashion.
Well ~ I see ~ the "Bobby's Poem" thread has been deleted. I personally don't think it needed to be deleted but if the site's owners think its deletion was justified, then I support their right to manage their own business as they see fit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.