Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Spirituality

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Then you should probably not worry about 2,000 year old predictions.
Why not?

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
What?

Did you want to talk about yourself some more?
What about your claim that divegeester does "...not believe most of what the Bible says"?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you believe its expiration date and/or fulfillment ~ one way or the other ~ is upon us now or will be in the immediate future (i.e. a matter of decades)?
No one knows the day or hour, but as Jesus said, we can tell the season.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
No one knows the day or hour, but as Jesus said, we can tell the season.
How long might "the season" be?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
What?

Did you want to talk about yourself some more?
Don't you want to discuss whether or not I'm a Christian anymore or whether I don't believe anything the in Bible, as you have claimed?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
How long might "the season" be?
Usually about 3 months.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Usually about 3 months.
You do realise that when you and the other Christians behave like this you make yourselves and the point you are contending for appear to be quite silly.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Sep 15

Look at a US quarter. You'll see it is marked with George Washington's forehead.
Wow.
I am embarassed for you.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

Nope. Your translation is wrong. It's not "on the hand/forehead of them" but "of the hand/forehead of him"
I previously acknowledged my ommission of the worfd "of," but you have made an incorrect quote and you've yet to provide the distinction.
The "of" simply renders that portion to:

"... carve-effect on of-the hand of-them of-the right or on of-the foreheads of-them"

Literally nothing in this passage or otherwise speaks of anything related to coinage or monies imprinted with the image of any man.
This mark allows people on the earth at that time the ability to engage in commerce.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Those without it are killed.
By your interpretation, moniless people will be killed.

Laughable.

He's gone, baby!

tinyurl.com/33hzumtu

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I previously acknowledged my ommission of the worfd "of," but you have made an incorrect quote and you've yet to provide the distinction.
The "of" simply renders that portion to:

"... carve-effect on of-the hand of-them of-the right or on of-the foreheads of-them"

Literally nothing in this passage or otherwise speaks of anything related ...[text shortened]... se without it are killed.
By your interpretation, moniless people will be killed.

Laughable.
It doesn't say those without the Mark will be killed in Revelations. It says that refusing to worship a statue of the Beast is cause for death.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Sep 15

It doesn't say those without the Mark will be killed in Revelations. It says that refusing to worship a statue of the Beast is cause for death.
Yes.
Now we're getting somewhere.
Worship or be killed.
Take the mark or be rendered unable to either buy or sell.

Got any other insights or corrections?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
You do realise that when you and the other Christians behave like this you make yourselves and the point you are contending for appear to be quite silly.
On the other hand, pretending that the Bible holds no relevance for living today shows a massive misunderstanding of the material. Along with this is the belief that the Bible is nothing BUT "metaphor". That's mistake #1.

F

Moves
13 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
On the other hand, pretending that the Bible holds no relevance for living today shows a massive misunderstanding of the material. Along with this is the belief that the Bible is nothing BUT "metaphor". That's mistake #1.
Can you name names? Which Christians on this forum [1] believe that "the Bible holds no relevance for living today"? [2] believe that "the Bible is nothing but metaphor"?

Exactly who are you referring to?

He's gone, baby!

tinyurl.com/33hzumtu

Moves
13 Sep 15
2 edits

nvm

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Sep 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Can you name names? Which Christians on this forum [1] believe that "the Bible holds no relevance for living today"? [2] believe that "the Bible is nothing but metaphor"?

Exactly who are you referring to?
Not you, that's for sure. So you can stop with the third degree. As entertaining as it may be for you, others find it tiresome.

Think outside the box, man. That would mean stop attacking every single thing certain people say. It's making you look bad. Some people here would rather discuss the topic at hand.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.