Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Spirituality

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
When you say scripture is related to a subjective personal experience, are you implying that what is written in the Bible is only true if you believe it and does not apply to all people at all times?

This is a serious question but I suspect you’re just going to dodge it and say I’m trolling.
Romans 1:18
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
12 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
Uh-oh here come the self-soothing threats.

F

Moves
12 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
I take it you are referring to me and suggesting that it is me who is "supressing" the truth. This is a highly subjective opinion on your part - not to mention an abuse of vocabulary.

You are using the expression "supressing the truth" as a kind of propagandizing synonym for 'disagreeing with' your opinions about a divine being.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
12 Oct 19

@fmf said
I take it you are referring to me and suggesting that it is me who is "supressing" the truth. This is a highly subjective opinion on your part - not to mention an abuse of vocabulary.

You are using the expression "supressing the truth" as a kind of propagandizing synonym for 'disagreeing with' your opinions about a divine being.
What his post is doing is giving him the soothing satisfaction of informing the forum generally (I.e. you and I) that suppression of “the truth” I.e. KellyJay’s truth, I.e. disagreeing with him, will result his version of God bringing down some wrath upon our heads.

For disagreeing with him...the religious mindset in full battle action!

Moves
12 Oct 19

@divegeester said
When you actually use what I said i may decide to reply.

And you are trolling.
Bingo.

Moves
12 Oct 19
1 edit

@fmf said
You are free to make whatever you want of the Bible and to share whatever personal opinions it causes you to have.
And you are free to label the words of the Bible as personal opinions if that allows you to sleep at night.

F

Moves
12 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
And you are free to label the words of the Bible as personal opinions if that allows you to sleep at night.
I am labelling your speculation and faith based on the Bible as entirely subjective and your assertions about supernatural matters are your personal opinions.

I believe that the people who created the Jesus cult of personality - several decades after he was executed by the Romans - were being entirely subjective too.

Our different perspectives and your religious beliefs have absolutely no effect on my sleep patterns.

Moves
12 Oct 19
1 edit

@fmf said
I am labelling your speculation and faith based on the Bible as entirely subjective and your assertions about supernatural matters are your personal opinions.

I believe that the people who created the Jesus cult of personality - several decades after he was executed by the Romans - were being entirely subjective too.

Our different perspectives and your religious beliefs have absolutely no effect on my sleep patterns.
The Bible is based on factual events that are corroborated by other sources as well. Discovery after discovery has established the accuracy of numerous details.

F

Moves
12 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
The Bible is based on factual events that are corroborated by other sources as well. Discovery after discovery has established the accuracy of numerous details.
Well, I am aware you are a Christian and have Christian beliefs. So you are entitled to believe what you want about the link between the Bible and supernatural things.

Moves
12 Oct 19

@fmf said
Well, I am aware you are a Christian and have Christian beliefs. So you are entitled to believe what you want about the link between the Bible and supernatural things.
Do you believe the factual events in the Bible are also subjective?

F

Moves
12 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
I believe Jerusalem existed. I believe the region where the Jews lived was in the Roman Empire. Etcetera. Meanwhile, I believe all the mythological stuff in the Bible about supernatural matters ~ along with all religious beliefs attendant thereto ~ is conjecture and speculation and superstition.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
12 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
Bingo.
Does writing “bingo” make you feel as though I’m wrong and you are right?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
12 Oct 19

@dj2becker said
You do realise that the bible is not evidence of anything other than the ability to put words onto paper and bind it into a book...don’t you?

Moves
12 Oct 19

@divegeester said
You do realise that the bible is not evidence of anything other than the ability to put words onto paper and bind it into a book...don’t you?
Well if that is all you believe the Bible to be it certainly sheds light upon why you say the things you do on this forum.

Moves
12 Oct 19

@divegeester said
Does writing “bingo” make you feel as though I’m wrong and you are right?
Not in the least. I was just spot on with my prediction.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.