Why are Christians under attack ?

Why are Christians under attack ?

Spirituality

rc

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
As someone who studies the Bible carefully, and who has entered into debate, discussion and disputes with non-JW Christians on scriptural matters for many years, what verse do you think lemon lime might be referring to when he claims that there is scriptural support for RJHinds' assertion about 'not believing in eternal torture' is punishable by 'eternal torture'?
You are asking me to find substantiation in the Bible for a belief I don't think is scriptural? a strange turn of events. Anyway your attempt to divide and conquer is duly noted. Never the less it should be an easy matter to construct something. For example find all the verses that mention Hell, demonstrate that one of them makes reference to the unbeliever going to Hell and therefore disbelieve in hell results in the unbeliever going there. Seemple.

F

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Once upon a time your topic interests were many and varied; gradually you've abandoned
topics in favor of fixating on people with a simultaneous change in your demeanor.
You become very passive aggressive when you get bent out of shape by people being unimpressed with you.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
25 Apr 15
2 edits

Once upon a time your topic interests were many and varied; gradually you've abandoned
topics in favor of fixating on people with a simultaneous change in your demeanor.
But the topic in this thread about Christians being attacked, is currently about RJHinds telling another Christian that they deserve to burn in hell for eternity for not believing in the doctrine of eternally burning in hell. If you would like to discuss other topics with me I'm quite happy to join in with you in another thread.

rc

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
You become very passive aggressive when you get bent out of shape by people being unimpressed with you.
you are selling yourself short FMF 😵

F

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You are asking me to find substantiation in the Bible for a belief I don't think is scriptural? a strange turn of events. Anyway your attempt to divide and conquer is duly noted.
You don't think believing or not believing the notion of people being tortured for eternity is not an important difference in doctrine?

F

Moves
25 Apr 15

For example find all the verses that mention Hell, demonstrate that one of them makes reference to the unbeliever going to Hell and therefore disbelieve in hell results in the unbeliever going there. Seemple.
With your experience of dealing with Christians with whom you disagree, do you think this is what RJHinds and lemon lime might have done?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
RJHinds will not discuss it (his now infamous statement) because it is completely unsupportable in scripture and morally reprehensible in nature.

That you refuse to call him on it publically would potentially be something that would disappoint me, but not make me "unhappy".

Not one sngel Christian in this forum has called Hinds on his statement. I ...[text shortened]... that Lemon Lime and the other Christians here can is what is so fascinating and yet so distasteful.
Originally posted by RJHinds
"Regardless of what you claim, I would suspect that Grampy Bobby knows what i actually said was correct."

"What did you say?"

Originally posted by RJHinds (Page 14)
I don't remember the exact words, since it has been awhile and he has been repeating his own versions of what I said for so long. However, he objects to me informing him that he deserves to be thrown into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone and needs to repent of his sins and believe all that Christ has said in order to be saved. He refuses to believe that onyone would be thrown into hell or the Lake of Fire and Brimstone to be punished forever and ever in contradiction to what I believe Christ has said."

rc

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
You don't think believing or not believing the notion of people being tortured for eternity is not an important difference in doctrine?
yes but no one is disputing that?

F

Moves
25 Apr 15

yes but no one is disputing that?
So getting to the bottom of the disagreement about this fundamental issue can hardly be described as "divide and conquer".

rc

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
With your experience of dealing with Christians with whom you disagree, do you think this is what RJHinds and lemon lime might have done?
I cannot say, it appears to me that they fervently and genuinely believe in Hell. What can I say? If one reads the King James version of the Bible it does mention Hell (actually the lake of fire I think) as being a place for unbelievers. Its no great logical leap to state that therefore disbelief in Hell could result in being fated to go to Hell.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
But the topic in this thread about Christians being attacked, is currently about RJHinds telling another Christian that they deserve to burn in hell for eternity for not believing in the doctrine of eternally burning in hell. If you would like to discuss other topics with me I'm quite happy to join in with you in another thread.
"Spirituality: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." -Russ "Debate and general discussion" not overt public criticism of another person's volitional freedom to believe or not believe whatever he or she may damn well choose. Resolving significant differences in private represents the time honored principle of good manners, poise and respect for the privacy of other people. I have no "issue with rjhinds" or with any other human being which has not already been resolved in private messages, emails, phone calls or face to face conversation. Another principle is to keep short accounts with God [1John 1:9] and other believers in Christ. Since all of us are at varying stages of spiritual growth to maturity in acquiring the Mind of Christ, it's inevitable that we learn from each other: if we're objective and have our daily life priorities straight sans emotional fixations of other people and their real or imagined shortcomings. -Bob" (Page 14) Well past my curfew. Thanks for our conversation. Enjoy your weekend.

rc

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
So getting to the bottom of the disagreement about this fundamental issue can hardly be described as "divide and conquer".
yes but you are attempting to use my Biblical knowledge against lemon lime and GB. This appears to me to be a divide and conquer strategy despite the fact that I don't profess the same beliefs for I am friends with both and rather enjoy seeing lemon lime and GB talk smack to you and divesgeester.

F

Moves
25 Apr 15

I cannot say, it appears to me that they fervently and genuinely believe in Hell. What can I say? If one reads the King James version of the Bible it does mention Hell (actually the lake of fire I think) as being a place for unbelievers. Its no great logical leap to state that therefore disbelief in Hell could result in being fated to go to Hell.
I thought it was belief in Christ ~ not a "belief in Hell" ~ that was necessary for "salvation" not a belief in eternal torture.

F

Moves
25 Apr 15

"Spirituality: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." -Russ "Debate and general discussion" not overt public criticism of another person's volitional freedom to believe or not believe whatever he or she may damn well choose.
So why these overt passive aggressive criticisms of divegeester in your recent posts?

rc

Moves
25 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
I thought it was belief in Christ ~ not a "belief in Hell" ~ that was necessary for "salvation" not a belief in eternal torture.
Yes I suspect that it is, never the less any kind of disbelief could be construed as being an unbeliever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.