The Devil Has a Father?

The Devil Has a Father?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15d

@pettytalk said
You are all wet behind the ears! I'm throwing in the towel and a song, for friendship's sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g1dcIDDULQ
Bottom line Satan was a created being, his beginning God made Him. Quite different than the only begotten of God, and those adopted into the family of God.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14d

@pettytalk said
Ever hear the expression, cold as ice? That's what you are, a foreigner to the evident truth. BY the way, if water is cold enough, it's not wet. The term "wet" refers to a state of being damp or moist, which is characteristic of water in its liquid form. Ice, on the other hand, is a solid state of water and thus does not possess the moisture or dampness associated with the ...[text shortened]... sion.

Would I lie to you? Only for fun and games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BcId4_4vO4
This is all bollocks.

All of it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14d

@suzianne said
This is all bollocks.

All of it.
Haha!

👏🏻👏🏻

Moves
14d

@suzianne said
This is all bollocks.

All of it.
I can understand it. Obviously it's all something you don't get, from what I'm hearing.

I did not twist your arm for your comments. Something else, perhaps?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
13d

@pettytalk said
The nuances of translating the Greek New Testament.

The following is from this source https://concordiatheology.org/2021/11/five-things-new-testament-translations-dont-want-you-to-know/

1. The Devil Has a Father? (Jn 8:44)

In John 8:44, Jesus says of the devil, ὅταν λαλῇ τὸ ψεῦδος, ἐκ τῶν ἰδίων λαλεῖ, ὅτι ψεύστης ἐστὶν καὶ ὁπατὴρ αὐτοῦ. The ESV renders this, “Whe ...[text shortened]... egarding John 8:44? It does make a hell of a difference, when it comes to the Devil, and his father.
The Devil Has a Father?

An intriguing question, but I can't find an answer.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13d

@mchill said
The Devil Has a Father?

What do you think of PettyTalk’s proposed “answer”?

Moves
13d

@mchill said
The Devil Has a Father?

Where are you looking for an answer? I believe I already pointed out a general area where the experts say to look.

Do you retain accurate, and trustworthy, the word of God revealed to Isaiah? Does not Isaiah relates to the reader that he heard the Lord say the following? "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." And in Job, if that is also trustworthy and accurate, does it not include Satan as being one of the sons of God? "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

Needless to say, logically, if God, the Father, created everything, and is designated as being a Father on account that He's the Father of all creation, it stand to reason that He's Lucifer's Father, or whatever we want to call this maligned, and poorly understood creature. Be it Satan, Devil, Serpent of Old, or the Anti-Christ, he's still of God's creation, and therefore a son of God, as the term 'son' is used, Biblically.

How do you see Satan's role in Job? Is he not an entity which tests mankind? What does he test, and on whose behalf does he test? Obviously he's working for his Father, God. And he tests for piety, which is clear. Satan is working for God, and is subordinate to the Father, since he takes orders from God as to the extent which Job is to be tested.

Needless to say, that's my opinion, which, no doubt, has been formed with much help from those I consider much wiser than myself.

OAa

Moves
13d

It's not the height of presumption, I would say, that a creative syntax was playing at divine Father (God's essential identity is Creator). He can disown someone in full and in the fullest, such as an ex-spiritual being whose material power in the world is passing, so it seems.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13d

@pettytalk said
How do you see Satan's role in Job? Is he not an entity which tests mankind? What does he test, and on whose behalf does he test? Obviously he's working for his Father, God. And he tests for piety, which is clear. Satan is working for God, and is subordinate to the Father, since he takes orders from God as to the extent which Job is to be tested.

Needless to say, that's ...[text shortened]... inion, which, no doubt, has been formed with much help from those I consider much wiser than myself.
Satan does not work 'for God'.

He works for himself. He has rejected God. He IS subordinate, of course, but he is the father of lies. He is a fallen angel, yes, created by God, but he has removed himself, separated himself, from God. He no longer plays for that team.

John Mellencamp wrote, "I fight authority; authority always wins." This is Satan's exact situation, brought on himself, by himself. Those who would listen to Satan's lies need to remember this.

Moves
13d

@suzianne said
Satan does not work 'for God'.

He works for himself. He has rejected God. He IS subordinate, of course, but he is the father of lies. He is a fallen angel, yes, created by God, but he has removed himself, separated himself, from God. He no longer plays for that team.

John Mellencamp wrote, "I fight authority; authority always wins." This is Satan's exact situation, brought on himself, by himself. Those who would listen to Satan's lies need to remember this.
John may have borrowed from the Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law.... and Law won.

I suppose you have heard Satan's voice so often that you can easily discern the lies he's attempting to make you believe? Is he still talking to you, trying to get your soul? Or did he finally give up on you? I think that you have stuffed your ears full of cotton, besides having the wool pulled over your eyes. John Cougar also sang: Hurts so Good.... make it hurt so good!

Only The Good Die Young!
And they say there's a heaven for those who will wait
And some say it's better, but I say it ain't
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13d

@pettytalk said
John may have borrowed from the Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law.... and Law won.

I suppose you have heard Satan's voice so often that you can easily discern the lies he's attempting to make you believe? Is he still talking to you, trying to get your soul? Or did he finally give up on you? I think that you have stuffed your ears full of cotton, besides having the ...[text shortened]... n cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crif5E67ar0
Sinners are the only ones that can be 'saved'.

This is why Jesus hung out with them.

Too many Pharisees think they are saved. They're not. They're not even trying.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13d

@pettytalk said
I suppose you have heard Satan's voice
I hear it, but I'm not listening.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." -- John 8:32, KJV

Truth, not presumption.