Man-made global warming

Man-made global warming

Science

E

Moves
05 Aug 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
I realise that. What I asked, was why are you a true believer? What is in it for you? What are your real reasons for your 'true belief'? You fully admit that the evidence has nothing to do with it.
I'm a true believer because I make the mistake of basing my decision on temps over the past 10 some odd years.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Aug 13

Originally posted by Eladar
I'm a true believer because I make the mistake of basing my decision on temps over the past 10 some odd years.
A whole decade!!!
Those climatologists are wasting their time when you have that quality of data!

Scientists can study Earth’s climate as far back as 800,000 years by drilling core samples from deep underneath the ice sheets of Greenland and Antarctica
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=ice-core-data-help-solve

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
A whole decade!!!

Scientists can study Earth’s climate as far back as 800,000 years by drilling core samples from deep underneath the ice sheets of Greenland and Antarctica
You are talking science fiction there.

The Instructor

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
06 Aug 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are talking science fiction there.

The Instructor
Within the terms you think in; has it crossed your mind that God might have dropped some climate hints - a false history could help us avoid mistakes, and given the recent divine laissez faire approach is in keeping with the overall plan. Although you think you want the world destroyed don't you. You think you'll be saved in the rapture while us poor sinners are destroyed - very moral.

Cape Town

Moves
06 Aug 13

What do I gain? A job? Less money being wasted by the government?
You won't get a job if you admit to global warming? What line of work are you in?
What is government wasting money on that it would not waste if your propaganda managed to change their minds about global warming?

Do you ever question the validity of people who get money based on the hype?
Yes. Do you? From what I can tell, you are on the side of the 'hype' people.

Cape Town

Moves
06 Aug 13

We both know that you do not base your decision on the temps over the past 10 some odd years. You already pointed out that true believers do not base their decisions on the evidence at all.

E

Moves
06 Aug 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
We both know that you do not base your decision on the temps over the past 10 some odd years. You already pointed out that true believers do not base their decisions on the evidence at all.
I took the mantle of true believer because I believe you wanted to label me with it. Of course I'm not a true believer. Of course those who disregard actual temps are true believers.

Of course those who believe that climate change is the result of man's influence are also true believers. Climate change has been happening for as long as the earth has been in existence.

E

Moves
06 Aug 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
A whole decade!!!

A whole decade? Back in the 70's we were headed into an ice age, a decade later we are headed for a world covered in water due to things being too hot.

You guys are true hypocrites.

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 13

Weather is used as evidence for climate change all the time. Weather becomes climate change when the weather fits what you would like to see.

Everyone knows this. Have a hot summer! Global warming. Have a cool summer, then you have cool weather. Lol
Who uses short-term weather patterns as evidence for climate change? Certainly no (credible) scientists.

E

Moves
06 Aug 13

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Who uses short-term weather patterns as evidence for climate change? Certainly no (credible) scientists.
The science community does it all the time. Do you deny that the science community was declaring that we were headed into a mini-ice age back in the 70's?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Aug 13

The science community does it all the time. Do you deny that the science community was declaring that we were headed into a mini-ice age back in the 70's?
That's actually a myth driven by the popular media at the time.

https://ams.confex.com/ams/pdfpapers/131047.pdf

K

Germany

Moves
06 Aug 13
1 edit

I'm not aware of what climatologists (insofar as that was a science back then) thought in the 70s. I'm aware of the "global cooling" story, but I don't know if it was much more than a (short-lived) media hype. In any case, I don't think you can compare climatologists of today to those of 40 years ago - is there any current climatologist who uses short-term weather patterns to predict the climate? Also, "science communities" don't declare anything - scientists do.

This graph suggests that the "global cooling" hypothesis was never very popular, even in the 70s: (quote to find the link without smiley)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File😛eerReviewedPapersComparingGlobalWarmingAndCoolingIn1970s.jpg

E

Moves
06 Aug 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's actually a myth driven by the popular media at the time.

https://ams.confex.com/ams/pdfpapers/131047.pdf
Gotcha,

Four legs good, two legs bad....

Four legs good, two legs better!

Got it.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Aug 13

Gotcha,

Four legs good, two legs bad....

Four legs good, two legs better!

Got it.
😕

Cape Town

Moves
06 Aug 13

Of course those who disregard actual temps are true believers.
That would be you then.

Of course those who believe that climate change is the result of man's influence are also true believers. Climate change has been happening for as long as the earth has been in existence.
No, a true believer is someone who tries to use such ridiculously stupid arguments to support his position. I don't think I even need to explain to you why it is stupid because I think you know. The real question is why you would say such a thing with full knowledge that it was a stupid thing to say?
So I ask again: what job do you have that you believe you will loose that job if your attempts at discrediting global warming fail?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.