Faith and Works

Faith and Works

Spirituality

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by Coletti
You were predestined not to see the truth.
And you choose to be an idiot.

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Now that's an entirely different matter isn't it.
You ought to take up archeololgy and get some knowlege about places like akkad, Ur, ebla, and Ugarit. Read the translations of the tablets too. You might just get the answer to the first part of your question.
However, if you do this, hold dear to your belief, because the god you will ...[text shortened]... the OT said God secretly told them to do. you might gain knowlege why Christ was sent.
You ought to take up archeololgy and get some knowlege about places like akkad, Ur, ebla, and Ugarit.

Where has archeology proved the Bible wrong?

Revelations is another of the biblical stories in the mold of "God came to me in a dream and...." dj in all honesty, I don't believe my own dreams so why would I think somebdy elses is gospel.

The difference is that your dreams seem never to be inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Christ said what he said openly, sometimes in front of large crowds. After you search out where the OT stories came from and check out all the ungodly acts people in the OT said God secretly told them to do. you might gain knowlege why Christ was sent.

Well Christ Himself says why he came:

Matthew 5:17 - Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matthew 5:18 - For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
And you choose to be an idiot.
predestinated ?

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by Coletti
You were predestined not to see the truth.
No. I think it is more like willfully ignorant.

2 Peter 2:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
10 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by dj2becker
You ought to take up archeololgy and get some knowlege about places like akkad, Ur, ebla, and Ugarit.

Where has archeology proved the Bible wrong?

Revelations is another of the biblical stories in the mold of "G ...[text shortened]... ittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
in a different thread you asked is Thomas in the bible.
do you know why his gospel isn't ?
and what it said?
would you like to read it?

"... once thought to have been entirely destroyed during the early Christian struggle to define "orthodoxy"

btw what archeology has done is traced the bible god into it's polytheistic roots

Moves
10 Jun 05

in a different thread you asked is Thomas in the bible.
do you know why his gospel isn't ?
and what it said?
would you like to read it?

"... once thought to have been entirely destroyed during the early Christian struggle to define "orthodoxy"

btw what archeology has done is traced the bible god into it's polytheistic roots
Would you be so kind as to provide examples instead of sweeping statements?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Jun 05

No. I think it is more like willfully ignorant.

2 Peter 2:3 "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant ...[text shortened]... one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
It's interesting how you fundies simply refuse to answer questions when they can't be fit into your fanatical mindset. I asked you two in an earlier post:

Which one of the acts of mercy do you believe Jesus wouldn't have counted, dj2becker?

BTW, for ANOTHER Biblical contradiction compare Luke 24:39-43 with Matthew 27:44 regarding the words of the two crucified on both sides of Jesus:

44 And the robbers also that were crucified with him cast upon him the same reproach.

Care to comment on which acts of mercy that St. Thomas Acquinas mentioned that Jesus wouldn't have considered acts of mercy? And care to comment about the express contradiction between Luke's and Matthew's accounts of how the guys crucified on either side of Jesus acted?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
10 Jun 05

any of this ring a bell for you?

The Gospel of Thomas
These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded.

1. And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

4. Jesus said, "The person old in days won't hesitate to ask a little child seven days old about the place of life, and that person will live.

For many of the first will be last, and will become a single one."

Moves
10 Jun 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
It's interesting how you fundies simply refuse to answer questions when they can't be fit into your fanatical mindset. I asked you two in an earlier post:

Which one of the acts of mercy do you believe Jesus wouldn't have counted, dj2becker?

BTW, for ANOTHER Biblical contradiction compare Luke 24:39-43 with Matthew 27:44 regarding ...[text shortened]... between Luke's and Matthew's accounts of how the guys crucified on either side of Jesus acted?
I will continue to ignore questions which are totally off the topic. I will gladly answer them if you open a new thread. You always seem to be going off the topic whenever you are in a corner.

I find this question totally irrelevant. Are we not discussion scripture here?

Moves
10 Jun 05

any of this ring a bell for you?

The Gospel of Thomas
These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded.

1. And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they wil ...[text shortened]... t person will live.

For many of the first will be last, and will become a single one."

Was Thomas an archeologist?

We were talking about archeology last, right? My Bible does not have the gospel of St. Thomas. Does yours?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
10 Jun 05

Uggrit tablets, Ebla tablets, Accadian and Sumerian tablets.

The Nag Hammadi codices

do some seeking.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
10 Jun 05
1 edit

Was Thomas an archeologist?

We were talking about archeology last, right? My Bible does not have the gospel of St. Thomas. Does yours?
your bible don't ,but Christ's bible does.

BTW Thomas was an Apostle.

Moves
10 Jun 05

Uggrit tablets, Ebla tablets, Accadian and Sumerian tablets.

The Nag Hammadi codices

do some seeking.
How does this prove the Bible wrong? The Bible speaks of many other nations that worshipped many other gods.

Moves
10 Jun 05
2 edits

your bible don't ,but Christ's bible does.

BTW Thomas was an Apostle.
Judas Iscariot was also an Apostle.

btw: where's Christ's bible?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
10 Jun 05
1 edit

Judas Iscariot was also an Apostle.

btw: where's Christ's bible?
In the Word Itself. the words torn from the book you call yours.

btw This Thomas John 11:16 Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellow disciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.