"Is Atheism a Belief or a Lack of Belief?"

Spirituality

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Jun 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
It's an observation that allies universally to mankind.
Surely not. To me it reads as an observation that cautions against blind adherence to 'christianity', although whether scripture or teachings is not immediately apparent.

Moves
10 Jun 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"... failed" in what ways?
Your world view and beliefs are false.

There is no god, there is no afterlife, no heaven and no hell, and your proclaimed
morality is nothing of the sort.

So if you genuinely are searching for truth, you have failed utterly.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jun 16

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
GB wasn't the first poster that sprang to my mind. My first thought was that he was taking a pot-shot at Freaky!
There's only one problem.
Assuming you're referencing the ongoing discussion relative to the earth's shape, Christianity is nowhere near the focus of conversation.
I have done my level best to restrict the conversation to an examination of truth, as it pertains to objective and verifiable knowns.
Namely, measurements related to accepted formulas and the production of a government agency.
There hasn't been a single reference to Christianity or any religion otherwise from me.
Although one or more people have attempted to introduce religion into the discussion, I have fastidiously herded the focus back to the topic.
¿Por que?
Because my only interest on the topic of the earth's shape is to know the truth.
I couldn't care less what it is, but I want to know the truth about it, nonetheless.
The shape of the earth cannot change the reality of Who and what the Lord Jesus Christ is and does.
While there are obvious implications either way, my intent in questioning the alleged unassailable is a search for truth... no matter what is uncovered, or damage done.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Jun 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
There's only one problem.
Assuming you're referencing the ongoing discussion relative to the earth's shape, Christianity is nowhere near the focus of conversation.
I have done my level best to restrict the conversation to an examination of truth, as it pertains to objective and verifiable knowns.
Namely, measurements related to accepted formulas and ...[text shortened]... g the alleged unassailable is a search for truth... no matter what is uncovered, or damage done.
That's really not a problem.

My implication was informed more by the eventual than the initial. It was a bit of a joke, although evidently not well made if you didn't get it. Sorry mate.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jun 16

That's really not a problem.

My implication was informed more by the eventual than the initial. It was a bit of a joke, although evidently not well made if you didn't get it. Sorry mate.
Perhaps I'll eventually get it.

T

Moves
11 Jun 16
1 edit

GB wasn't the first poster that sprang to my mind. My first thought was that he was taking a pot-shot at Freaky!
What was particularly delicious was how GB unwittingly quoted something that fit himself so well. Though I can see how it could apply to Freaky as well.

Based on GB's responses, it's clear that he understands neither the quote nor the irony.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 Jun 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
What was particularly delicious was how GB unwittingly quoted something that fit himself so well. Though I can see how it could apply to Freaky as well.

Based on GB's responses, it's clear that he understands neither the quote nor the irony.
That's a cute little potshot, except I'm not beholden to anything but the truth.
You'd actually have a leg to stand on, were I constantly touting/toeing the party line.
The same can't be said for the atheists who haunt this forum: no matter what, no matter who, no matter why: they're always 'making a stand' against God, steadfast in their war against any and all who speak otherwise.
Predictably so.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Jun 16

Originally posted by googlefudge

There is no god, there is no afterlife, no heaven and no hell, and your proclaimed

Well, at least we know now that you know what the truth isn't.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Jun 16

Perhaps I'll eventually get it.
Judging from your "Flat Earth" thread, I rather doubt it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Jun 16

Originally posted by josephw
Well, at least we know now that you know what the truth isn't.
But 'we' already knew that.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Jun 16
2 edits

Says the person who is not even certain of his own existence.

Or were you just saying that with psychological certainty or with no certainty at all?

Moves
11 Jun 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Says the person who is not even certain of his own existence.

Or were you just saying that with psychological certainty or with no certainty at all?
You really are not getting this are you.

I ask again, "Have you heard of the problem of Hard Solipsism?"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Jun 16

You really are not getting this are you.

I ask again, [b]"Have you heard of the problem of Hard Solipsism?"
[/b]
So clarify: Are you for, or against it?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
11 Jun 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Judging from your "Flat Earth" thread, I rather doubt it.
It's not "my" thread.
I'm just the one steering the conversation to the facts of the matter.

Moves
11 Jun 16

It's not "my" thread.
I'm just the one steering the conversation to the facts of the matter.
In which case my friend you are a terrible driver.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.