JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
I’m not stupid Becker, nor am I callous enough to post your private info on this site.
Ok so you're not callous and not stupid just a creepy stalker. Maybe your stalking skills aren't that good after all if you don't know where I spent the first 24 years of my life. I did tell you that in fact before I knew you would troll me with personal information.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Ah I can’t take the credit for that one.
Did he happen to patch up FMF as well after his motorcycle accident?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Did he happen to patch up FMF as well after his motorcycle accident?
Any thoughts about the OP?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

...I hope you are never in a situation where you have to betray your sister's trust. By the way didn't you say that betraying someone's trust was morally unsound?
I might promise my sister not to tell anyone about the humiliating way she got dumped by her boyfriend or some such. But I would never promise her that I'd keep a rapist's identity secret and in so doing perhaps endanger other women or children by leaving them open to the risk of being raped. "Betraying someone's trust" presupposes there is some promise that has been made. Promising to keep sex crimes against children secret would not be morally sound.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Doing something to save children from being raped trumps protecting my relative's feelings or even disobeying her wishes. That's why we have moral compasses: to guide us when we have to make decisions over the best course of action available to us, sometimes in very difficult or not-clearcut situations. Presumably, it would suit you to choose your sister's feel ...[text shortened]... ver protecting children from being raped. And presumably, you'd label your decision "objective".
Thankfully by the time I found out about it the perpetrator was already rotting in jail for murder.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Thankfully by the time I found out about it the perpetrator was already rotting in jail for murder.
You told us before that he died in a car crash and that you, therefore, felt 'justice had been done' with him having come to a grisly end in that way. Was that the same rapist? Or do you have more than one sister?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

What would you have done if you'd found out earlier?

Moves
22 Sep 18

I think I’m done with you now dj2becker.
Done trolling? Time will tell.

Moves
22 Sep 18
2 edits

You told us before that he died in a car crash and that you, therefore, felt 'justice had been done' with him having come to a grisly end in that way. Was that the same rapist? Or do you have more than one sister?
You must be confusing me with someone else, hallucinating or lying. I have never said that. Do you believe it is morally sound to lie about something that someone said in order to try to discredit them?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

You must be confusing me with someone else, hallucinating or lying. I have never said that. Do you believe it is morally sound to lie about something that someone said in order to try to discredit them?
I am not lying.

Do you have any response to the arguments I have made regarding the moral subjectivity involved in deciding between protecting people from being raped and keeping a rape secret in order to protect a relative's feelings?

Moves
22 Sep 18

I am not lying.
You are lying. Unless you can quote my exact words where I said that feel free to talk to other people.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

You are lying. Unless you can quote my exact words where I said that feel free to talk to other people.
I think I have remembered it correctly. I don't care if people think I am mistaken.

What about the salient moral point made at the bottom of the previous page?

Moves
22 Sep 18

I think I have remembered it correctly. I don't care if people think I am mistaken.

What about the salient moral point made at the bottom of the previous page?
No you haven't. Of course you don't care because you are lying.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Did he rape any other people in the years between doing what you claim he did to your relative and dying in a car crash or dying in gaol or whatever happened to him?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

No you haven't. Of course you don't care because you are lying.
What about my point at the bottom of page 3?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.