The Void of nothing

The Void of nothing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RP

Moves
15 Feb 07

Originally posted by knightmeister
"The point is that everything that exists, must exist within 4 dimensional space, and must have all those dimensions. If something exists for zero seconds, does it exist? Does a line with a length of 0cm (or metres or kilometres, or whatever) exist? No! Existing for an amount of time is a pre-requisite for existing, as is possessing mass-energy. You se ...[text shortened]... tart at all .....eternity to the rescue once again!!!! (trumpets)
Could it be that time is just a figment of the human brain ?

RP

Moves
15 Feb 07

Originally posted by Rene Pogel
Could this explain why we humans will never understand the concept of eternity - which could be totally artificial since it was conceived by the human brain

RP

Moves
15 Feb 07

Could this explain why we humans will never understand the concept of eternity - which could be totally artificial since it was conceived by the human brain
But the only clear definition of death describes it as just 'a point in time'. Nothing more. That's all we can say about it. But time is but a figment, so perhaps is death.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
15 Feb 07

So this energy you claim does exist, how heavy is it? What colour is it? what is it's length?WHITEY

Matter can be weighed and then converted to energy .

Fires can be yellow , red , sometimes blue.

A lightning bolts can be different lengths and wattages (and colours also)

The sun is shining on my face right now and I can even feel the ener ...[text shortened]... THS.

That was easy , what a funny question to ask ? Ask me about matter now , please do!
What colour is the energy of the water held back behind a dam?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
15 Feb 07

Not if you believe the Theory of Relativity to be a good description of the universe.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
15 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
What colour is the energy of the water held back behind a dam?
Blue, I suppose because the energy is intimately connected with the mass and matter of the water , which in turn is held back by the energy (or strength of attraction of the molecules/atoms in the concrete of the dam) . Gravity is also involved and I will admit that physics doesn't really know what gravity is as such.

In any case , the energy it takes to hold back the water is connected to the energy within the atoms of the dam , yes? So maybe the energy is grey? A dam of custard would not do the trick , why is that?

But you believe energy and mass exist as do I . It's not my obligation to answer questions on energy's colours , it's for you to show me how time is substantial like energy and matter.

What colour is the time it takes for the water to collect?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
15 Feb 07

Could this explain why we humans will never understand the concept of eternity RENE

The concept of eternity is very easy really and simple to explain. Infinite in all dimensions , no beginning and no end. But we can't wrap our minds around it because it's so different from us and the universe we live in. If we could wrap our minds around it then it would stop being eternity. We can contemplate it though and experience it if the rumours are true.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
16 Feb 07

Blue, I suppose because the energy is intimately connected with the mass and matter of the water , which in turn is held back by the energy (or strength of attraction of the molecules/atoms in the concrete of the dam) . Gravity is also involved and I will admit that physics doesn't really know what gravity is as such.

In any case , the energy it ...[text shortened]... antial like energy and matter.

What colour is the time it takes for the water to collect?
This is obviously a fudge effort here KM. Why not just concede that the energy in that water has no colour?

Colour is about wavelengths of light, agreed? Well, some forms of energy don't emit in the visible wavelength, some emit in IR, some emit in radioactive ranges too.

Likewise, neither does an atom or any molecule have a specific "colour", just wavelengths that they absorb, and others they don't.

As for time, well, its a dimension in which things exist. It is a dimension of the space-time continuum. The "universe" is just the totality of the things which exist within this framework.

For example, from wiki;

"Universe" totality of matter and energy in existence.

Let's face it, if the church still held sway we'd all believe the universe to be like this;

http://www.answers.com/topic/flammarion-woodcut

Earl of Rochester

Restoration London

Moves
16 Feb 07
1 edit

This is obviously a fudge effort here KM. Why not just concede that the energy in that water has no colour?

Colour is about wavelengths of light, agreed? Well, some forms of energy don't emit in the visible wavelength, some emit in IR, some emit in radioactive ranges too.

Likewise, neither does an atom or any molecule have a specific "colour", j lieve the universe to be like this;

Just one note to add on colour and our sensory (human) experience.

Colour, sound, taste, touch and smell exist in the subjective conscious mind only, not "the world" external. The external world is colourless, contains no sound. Silent and black (for want of a better word).

Cape Town

Moves
16 Feb 07

So this energy you claim does exist, how heavy is it? What colour is it? what is it's length?WHITEY

Matter can be weighed and then converted to energy .

Fires can be yellow , red , sometimes blue.

A lightning bolts can be different lengths and wattages (and colours also)

The sun is shining on my face right now and I can even feel the ener ...[text shortened]... THS.

That was easy , what a funny question to ask ? Ask me about matter now , please do!
You so easily forget that we are talking physics here.
The colors you mention are nothing more than the specific wavelengths of light being emitted by the object/phenomena.
Weight is little more than a bend in space/time and has absolutely no meaning without space/time.
The light that touches your face left the sun 8 minutes ago. Right now the sun might not even exist.
The fact that you are standing on the surface of the earth and not at its center gives you some potential energy. what color is it, how much does it way and can you see it. If the earth was removed or moved away where would that potential energy go? Cant you see that the energy is totally dependent on both time and space?

Cape Town

Moves
16 Feb 07

It's only fair I stick my neck out after my other post. The way I see it is this. I think it's inevitable through logic to assume the strong likelihood of some entity that is uncaused and eternal without beginning. This to me would imply the existence of something that exists in a radical and incredibly different way than our known universe. Beginningl ...[text shortened]... exist "in". Scotty and you are not because you see everything as time dependent.
Your last couple of posts make it clear that you don't really understand physics at all. I suggest you do some reading on the matter before you attempt any philosophy based on physics. You are free to believe what you like about God, but to claim that your concept of eternity is 'inevitable through logic' merely shows your understanding of logic is almost as weak as your understanding of physics especially when you try to throw in the words 'logic', 'inevitable', 'assume' and 'strong likelihood' all into the same sentence.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Feb 07

Likewise, neither does an atom or any molecule have a specific "colour", j ...[text shortened]... lieve the universe to be like this;

This is obviously a fudge effort here KM. Why not just concede that the energy in that water has no colour? SCOTTY

Because the energy is connected to the mass and substance of the water itself pressing against the dam. The energy isn't "in" the water the energy IS the water. And the water is blue.

I will agree that it is a bit of a fudge but then it was also a bit of a trick question because you are talking about potential energy. Also , I am well aware that no substance can "possess" or be a colour because it only reflects or absorbs wavelengths of light.

Your question was dissingenuous and designed to catch me out , not surprising then that I gave you a fudged answer. What have you proved other than you are good at asking trick questions and setting traps in order to cover the tracks of your previous contradictions? At least I admit my fudges.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Feb 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
Your last couple of posts make it clear that you don't really understand physics at all. I suggest you do some reading on the matter before you attempt any philosophy based on physics. You are free to believe what you like about God, but to claim that your concept of eternity is 'inevitable through logic' merely shows your understanding of logic is almost ...[text shortened]... s 'logic', 'inevitable', 'assume' and 'strong likelihood' all into the same sentence.
And the logical counter argument you are making is? All I heard from your last post was statement after statement....hmmm... very convincing...

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Feb 07

The colors you mention are nothing more than the specific wavelengths of light being emitted by the object/phenomena.
Weight is little more than a bend in space/time and has absolutely no meaning without space/time.
The light that touches your face left the sun 8 minutes ago. Right now the sun migh ...[text shortened]... t potential energy go? Cant you see that the energy is totally dependent on both time and space?
The light that touches your face left the sun 8 minutes ago. Right now the sun might not even exist. WHITEY

All this proves is time is relative which everyone knows , but the light still left the sun and right now(in my now) it is shining. It's quite a hazy grey light now.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Feb 07

The light that touches your face left the sun 8 minutes ago. Right now the sun migh ...[text shortened]... t potential energy go? Cant you see that the energy is totally dependent on both time and space?
The colors you mention are nothing more than the specific wavelengths of light being emitted by the object/phenomena.WHITEY

So if this is true I was asked a meaningless , invalid question then?

By the way I agree about colour , do you think I didn't know this?