slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Sep 19

@HandyAndy
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/03/190319142309.htm

Moves
03 Sep 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Actually, 'ego' kicks in when you think you have the answers you clearly do not, and speak in definitive terms.

Origin of life? Nobody knows for certain. I have far more respect for somebody who acknowledges that rather than making ludicrous truth claims. 'Maybe,' 'we believe,' are admirable terms. 'Goddidit' not so much.
Thank God for the Spirituality Forum!

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
03 Sep 19

@sonhouse said
@HandyAndy
It's not random and it isn't also necessarily survival of the fittest. Some evolutionary changes are slight regressions, not enhancements.
Here's a short video backing up your statement.
It's 3 minutes (2:56) of your life you can never get back, but I'm sure you will agree it's well worth the time.

Über-Nerd

Moves
03 Sep 19

@sonhouse said
With all the total random events of evolution, why are there people at all? We shouldn't even be here......
So far, we have not been here nearly as long as dinosaurs, and we may well not be here much longer. Any species which over-populates or severely degrades its habitat is doomed, and we're doing both. On an evolutionary scale of time, h.saps may well be a mutation which proves maladaptive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.