A normal man walks into RHP forums,

A normal man walks into RHP forums,

General

Gothenburg

Moves
25 May 21

@anitya said
@Kevin-Eleven

Interesting question. Interesting in terms of someone who is an outsider, but regular reader of forum posts here.

In most cases I suspect the normal man keeps walking on after reading and/or maybe posting a comment or two.

There is not really an easy place for new "normal" people, chess players who find RHP and maybe want to assimilate. The forums are ...[text shortened]... eryone is good. New normal people with new or different ideas need not apply - just keep on walking.
New posters, new approaches such as yours are welcome.

A
Shoshin

under a fig tree

Moves
25 May 21

@Torunn

thank you

A
Shoshin

under a fig tree

Moves
25 May 21

@very-rusty said
Not quite true, but can see you seeing it that way.

Many posters have been here for many years and know each other, new people are welcome, new ideas are welcome.

We don't always stay on Topic, as some other forums on this site do, but there is an Off Topic to alert the post, which is rarely used in this forum.

A lot of the bantering is in jest and nothing is real ...[text shortened]... erious types, etc.,etc., which it takes to make an active forum from my way of looking at it.

-VR
what part was not quite true?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 May 21

@anitya said
About new posters and new ideas not being wanted.

As I said many of these people have been here for years and been bantering back and forth. We also have newer posters.

From what I've seen you been watching and not posting you only have two posts since you been here in 2020. Post more and you can be a part of it too. New ideas are welcome as are new people.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 May 21

@anitya said
Don't mind the thumbs down, I have a fan who loves to thumb down my posts and someone I happen to be talking to, Torunn seems to be the exception, so have a good idea who it is! 😉

-VR

A
Shoshin

under a fig tree

Moves
25 May 21

@very-rusty said
About new posters and new ideas not being wanted.

As I said many of these people have been here for years and been bantering back and forth. We also have newer posters.

From what I've seen you been watching and not posting you only have two posts since you been here in 2020. Post more and you can be a part of it too. New ideas are welcome as are new people.

-VR
The search only goes back 30 days. Maybe that is new.

"Public forum posts since 25 Apr '21"

It is an interesting thread. I am currently reading The Self Illusion: How the Social Brain Creates Identity by Bruce Hood, and this sort of closed environment is a perfect place to watch how members of a society find ways to coexist and maybe grow.

The normal man is not as intelligent as the mean intelligence here. That never helps when trying to assimilate.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 May 21
1 edit

@anitya said
The search only goes back 30 days. Maybe that is new.

"Public forum posts since 25 Apr '21"

It is an interesting thread. I am currently reading The Self Illusion: How the Social Brain Creates Identity by Bruce Hood, and this sort of closed environment is a perfect place to watch how members of a society find ways to coexist and maybe grow.

The normal man is not as intelligent as the mean intelligence here. That never helps when trying to assimilate.
When a poster hasn't poster and then all of a sudden starts posting, appears to be to be a Member who has been here before?

Especially when their posts are directed towards certain people.

-VR

Mutara Nebula

Moves
25 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
. . . and soon encounters people with surprising manners and strange worldviews.

What is to be done?
Delete his own posts?

A
Shoshin

under a fig tree

Moves
25 May 21

@very-rusty said
When a poster hasn't poster and then all of a sudden starts posting, appears to be to be a Member who has been here before?

Especially when their posts are directed towards certain people.

-VR
directed towards certain people? How so?

Do you mean when I said "There is sometimes not a lot of air left to breathe. Some posters have to post in every thread every day and not about the thread necessarily - but about themselves. "

Who do you think that was directed at? I didn't name anyone.

Yes I have been on this site since almost the beginning. I have freely stated that in other posts (that are no longer available in the 30-day search window).

A

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 May 21

@anitya said
directed towards certain people? How so?

Do you mean when I said "There is sometimes not a lot of air left to breathe. Some posters have to post in every thread every day and not about the thread necessarily - but about themselves. "

Who do you think that was directed at? I didn't name anyone.

Yes I have been on this site since almost the beginning. I have freely stated that in other posts (that are no longer available in the 30-day search window).

A
I can not see what is not there to see.

It was obvious you been here before to me.

Did we get along or not?

-VR

A
Shoshin

under a fig tree

Moves
25 May 21

@very-rusty said
I can not see what is not there to see.

It was obvious you been here before to me.

Did we get along or not?

-VR
absolutely, we are besties for resties <3

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 May 21

@anitya said
absolutely, we are besties for resties <3
What ever that is suppose to mean.

What was your previous name(s)?

-VR

A
Shoshin

under a fig tree

Moves
25 May 21

@Very-Rusty
lol I guess as the host of the GF you have a right to ask that question to a stranger.

No one you ever heard of - that is the thing about being "normal" - you can come and go, leave for a year and come back, and no one knows your name or remembers you.

I mean that literally, no one you ever heard of.

It's Anitya now and that is all that matters :-)

I can add you to my Buddy list if you want to play a game.

A

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 May 21

@anitya said
@Very-Rusty
lol I guess as the host of the GF you have a right to ask that question to a stranger.

No one you ever heard of - that is the thing about being "normal" - you can come and go, leave for a year and come back, and no one knows your name or remembers you.

I mean that literally, no one you ever heard of.

It's Anitya now and that is all that matters :-)

I can add you to my Buddy list if you want to play a game.

A
In other words you don't want to mention who you use to be as you are embarrassed.

I can understand that.

I don't have to have you on my buddy list for you to request a game, you're a bit above my rating, but that is fine as I rarely refuse a game.

-VR

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
25 May 21

@kevin-eleven said
. . . and soon encounters people with surprising manners and strange worldviews.

What is to be done?
Very Trusty will soon appear in the guise of a wise old sage and befriend Normal man.
Normal man feels welcome and starts to contribute.
Normal man realises he has been conned by said 'sage' when his pettiness and stalking in every thread starts.
Good bye Normal man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.