The down side of GB away

The down side of GB away

General

In your face

Moves
21 Jun 12

Originally posted by orangutan
GB may have inspired the gbaway script - but if you install it you'll see that only users that one chooses are actually blanked out of the forums.

You or GB (or anyone else) could use the script to ignore me (or anyone else).

No one is removed by default - it's choice that's left to the individual.
Please don't condemn a thing without first underst ...[text shortened]... it of my time to do this. The question is what are you doing to enhance the site?
I must admit, when I first subscribed to the script, I thought that it would remove all trace of GB from my browser. This hasn't worked; I demand a refund.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Jun 12

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
I must admit, when I first subscribed to the script, I thought that it would remove all trace of GB from my browser. This hasn't worked; I demand a refund.
You also have no idea what you downloaded! 😛 😉 😉

Felis Australis

Australia

Moves
22 Jun 12
1 edit

I really appreciate the work both Ouroboros and orangutan have done providing scripts to make life more pleasant for users of this site. I do agree that one particular script has an unfortunate name (perhaps PosterAway could be its name in its next incarnation) but it's been extremely useful when someone like *#*# or @?@? has spammed every forum thread with irritating inanities. Some of the scripts have gone on to become part of the RHP standard programming, which indicates that others have found them useful too.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Jun 12

Originally posted by Very Rusty
You still called it the GB script, which I think was RUDE & INSULTING.

I'd never download a script made up by someone else. One never knows what is all in it but the writter.

Go back & read what I said in my aforementioned post about what I've done to enhance the site. You don't seem to read what what is said to you.

You just like to PUFF out you ...[text shortened]... the least you can do for the site.

You also make it your job to point it out to EVERYONE.
GB being rude and insulting never seemed to bother you... Funny how biased you are in your opinions of what is right and what is wrong.

And before you pull your I know you are but what am I post I do ridicule members of the herd or friend group or whatever you're calling them this month when they earn it.. As they do for me. I've never seen YOU disagree with a anything GB says because you're his little Yes Sidekick.

Moves
23 Jun 12

I was if course talking about Hiding posts by a given poster, as you well know.

I think it is quite rude & picking on that one poster. What good has it done other than hurt the feelings of the poster you made it for.
That just shows that you are ignorant in the ways of the real, old internet.

If orangutan had called it by its proper name of "killfile", you'd probably have objected on the basis of that being to violent.

Richard

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
GB being rude and insulting never seemed to bother you... Funny how biased you are in your opinions of what is right and what is wrong.

And before you pull your I know you are but what am I post I do ridicule members of the herd or friend group or whatever you're calling them this month when they earn it.. As they do for me. I've never seen YOU disagree with a anything GB says because you're his little Yes Sidekick.
Nobody's rude and crude anymore, only insensitive and boorish, according to the wisdom of the unseen powers which rule the RHP General Forum.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
23 Jun 12

Go back & read what I said in my aforementioned post about what I've done to enhance the site.
I read it, it said:

... I try and keep the herd at bay when they are getting carried away picking on a poster(S).

So you see yourself as the "Herd Police"; perhaps it's a bigger job than that...are you the HERDINATOR?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
23 Jun 12

The Herdinator ... [* cue music .... da- na-na,dah-na-na]

VR: Look, the guttersnipe series trolling was uber thin...we spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human... pronunciation, prose, typos, sweat, bad breath...everything. Very hard to spot; I had to wait till one of the HERD moved on you before I could zero him.

GB: Look, I am not stupid, you know. They cannot post things like that yet.

VR: Not yet...not for about 12 hours given the times zones.

GB: why don't we just go to the mods?

VR: You don't understand; the HERD can't be bargained with. THEY can't be reasoned with. THEY don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And THEY absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are banned.

* cue music .... da- na-na, dah-na-na....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.