The Moon and Design

The Moon and Design

Science

c

Moves
02 Feb 17

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
As I explained, for evidence for design to exist, one needs to be able to point to something that could not have happened without design. For instance, why couldn't the human body have come about without "design"?
This sounds like deflection to me, since you are assuming science has a clue how the human body first began. Which they do not.

Most on this forum seem to pick up on the theory of evolution 'after' there was something to work with, while blatantly pushing aside what took place to begin with.

Creation is much more logical than science offering no explanation at all.

The burden falls on science, not the creator.

h

Moves
02 Feb 17
4 edits

Originally posted by chaney3
This sounds like deflection to me, since you are assuming science has a clue how the human body first began. .
Science knows how the human body first began. It began as a none human ape body that then seamlessly incrementally evolved over many generations via natural selection into a human body. We have the fossils of the missing links. We have the genetic evidence. We have the proof that we and modern apes share an ape-like ancestor. Therefore, it is NOT merely an 'assumption' that "science has a clue how the human body first began" but rather a known proven scientific fact.

Creation is much more logical than science offering no explanation at all.

Science offers an explanation, evolution.
Supernatural 'intelligent' design doesn't explain the imperfections with the human body, such as, for example, the retina blood vessels being in front of the retina (where it blocks some of the incoming light) rather than behind the retina etc; evolution does explain all these imperfections.
Therefore the burden falls on supernatural 'intelligent' design, not science.

c

Moves
02 Feb 17

Originally posted by humy
Science knows how the human body first began. It began as a none human ape body that then seamlessly incrementally evolved over many generations via natural selection into a human body. We have the fossils of the missing links. We have the genetic evidence. We have the proof that we and modern apes share an ape-like ancestor. Therefore, it is NOT merely an 'ass ...[text shortened]... se imperfections.
Therefore the burden falls on supernatural 'intelligent' design, not science.
Just curious here.

The heart, lungs, intestines, brain, eyes, nasal system, etc.

Did human things like these just appear? Are you suggesting they 'evolved' from nothing? How would one tenth of a heart or lung function, without death?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Feb 17

Just curious here.

Did human things like these just appear? Are you suggesting they 'evolved' from nothing? How would one tenth of a heart or lung function, without death?
We can talk about this stuff all day long but the bottom line is you would object to every line of evidence we provided so there really isn't much more to be said, except have fun with your fantasies.

c

Moves
03 Feb 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
We can talk about this stuff all day long but the bottom line is you would object to every line of evidence we provided so there really isn't much more to be said, except have fun with your fantasies.
Okay.
I was just wondering how the first 'human creatures' survived with one third of a heart, one fourth of a liver, one tenth of a kidney, one eigth of a brain, one twentieth of intestines, and so on.....until evolution caught up.

Cape Town

Moves
03 Feb 17

Okay.
I was just wondering how the first 'human creatures' survived with one third of a heart, one fourth of a liver, one tenth of a kidney, one eigth of a brain, one twentieth of intestines, and so on.....until evolution caught up.
Seriously now, Wikipedia is just a few clicks away. Make use of it.

PS. Still waiting for either that reference or an admission that you were wrong and have lacked the balls to admit it for many pages now.

c

Moves
03 Feb 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
Seriously now, Wikipedia is just a few clicks away. Make use of it.

PS. Still waiting for either that reference or an admission that you were wrong and have lacked the balls to admit it for many pages now.
You dodge the issue.

Evolution by itself is impossible.

Explain my previous post.

h

Moves
03 Feb 17
4 edits

Just curious here.

Did human things like these just appear?

No, they evolved.
Are you suggesting they 'evolved' from nothing?

No, they evolved from less specialized kinds of living tissue/cells in a more primitive animal.
How would one tenth of a heart or lung function, without death?

At exactly which point/stage in the evolution process would hearts or lungs would have one tenth of the function they do now SO to cause death? Exactly how would that work?
You appear to complete ignorance on how evolution works even though most of us have deduced how with ease.

c

Moves
03 Feb 17

Did human things like these just appear?

No, they evolved.
Are you suggesting they 'evolved' from nothing?

No, they evolved from less specialized kinds of living tissue in a much more primitive animal.
[quote] How would one tenth of a heart or lung ...[text shortened]... f the function they do now so to cause death?
You appear to not understand how evolution works.
A human body cannot survive with one twenieth of a heart, and one fifth of a lung.

These organs must be created as whole, or death is inevitable.

Design.

h

Moves
03 Feb 17
2 edits

A human body cannot survive with one twenieth of a heart, and one fifth of a lung.

Design.

And at NO stage of human evolution did they have one twenieth of a heart, and one fifth of a lung.

No. The first primitive animals would have absorbed nutrient through the outer surfaces without a heart (like some still do today) thus wouldn't die if the first heart was not as advanced as the heart that exists today.
The first lungs evolved from animals with gills, such as the lung fish, thus wouldn't die if the first lung was not as advanced as the lung that exists today.

-So no need for magic then. No design.

c

Moves
03 Feb 17

And at NO stage of human evolution did they have one twenieth of a heart, and one fifth of a lung.

No. The first primitive animals would have absorbed nutrient throu ...[text shortened]... ung was not as advanced as the lung that exists today.

-So no need for magic then. No design.
Your theory is magic.

Combined with the fact that you cannot prove it.

Were you there? Did you see the early apes? Did you analyze their one tenth heart? Their one fiftieth kidney?

Cape Town

Moves
03 Feb 17

You dodge the issue.
Says the guy who has been dodging this whole thread. In fact, bringing up evolution was nothing more than a dodge to try and distract from the fact that you are ignorant about how eclipses work.

Evolution by itself is impossible.
No, it isn't.

As I pointed out, you are so terribly ignorant about evolution that you really need to start by reading a little bit about it. I suggested starting with Wikipedia. When you have done that and have questions then I will be happy to find you more sources.

h

Moves
03 Feb 17
2 edits

Your theory is magic.

Were you there? Did you see the early apes? Did you analyze their one tenth heart? Their one fiftieth kidney?
Your theory is magic.

No, it is scientific and based on observations.
Look up magic in the dictionary.

I can prove it. We have the missing links both as fossils and some that live today; that is the proof.
Did you see the early apes?

We can see the fossils of them.
Did you see Goddidit?

Did you analyze their one tenth heart? Their one fiftieth kidney?

They never had just one tenth heart or one fiftieth kidney. Can you prove the contrary?

c

Moves
03 Feb 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
Says the guy who has been dodging this whole thread. In fact, bringing up evolution was nothing more than a dodge to try and distract from the fact that you are ignorant about how eclipses work.

[b]Evolution by itself is impossible.

No, it isn't.

As I pointed out, you are so terribly ignorant about evolution th ...[text shortened]... pedia. When you have done that and have questions then I will be happy to find you more sources.[/b]
If the heart was not created whole, a human would die.

Ignore it.

h

Moves
03 Feb 17

If the heart was not created whole, a human would die..
At what stage of human evolution would a human or ape have less than a whole heart and why?
You make no sense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.