Can Science see God or acknowledge the possibility of God?

Can Science see God or acknowledge the possibility of God?

Spirituality

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Disciplines like anthropology and psychology give valuable insight into why humans feel the need to create Gods.

Taken simply, a cat or a horse doesn't hold a concept of the divine as they lack the required psychology to do so. A human however has the intelligence to look up at the stars and wonder how they got there, combined with the need for an answer. (Preferably one that instils hope and removes fear).
You assume we created God, gods yes not God. We have been forming gods out of wood, stone, metals or picking pieces of the creation and called them gods. I can hand you a god which is nothing but a piece of wood made to look like something.

Against the grain of common world wide beliefs God revealed Himself to us, and even there man fought with Him preferring the ones we made. I think we are still fighting against Him and His revelation to us.

F

Moves
10 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
You assume we created God, gods yes not God. We have been forming gods out of wood, stone, metals or picking pieces of the creation and called them gods. I can hand you a god which is nothing but a piece of wood made to look like something.

Against the grain of common world wide beliefs God revealed Himself to us, and even there man fought with Him preferring the ones we made. I think we are still fighting against Him and His revelation to us.
And why do you feel the need to commandeer science in service of bolstering all these superstitious assertions? Isn't your faith enough for you?

F

Moves
10 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Into what?
Insights into religions and religious thinking like yours.

F

Moves
10 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
I'm not calling you anything, merely asking can anyone through science acknowledge the possibility of God? If it is impossible than there are blind spots there that should be acknowledged. If you can than it isn't science that is the issue.
Science and superstition are opposites. What use do you have for science when propagating your superstitious beliefs?

Moves
10 Jan 19

@kellyjay said

For me, the Christian God is no different than the gods fashioned in the past out of wood or stone. There are no grounds to give your particular God (capitalized out of politeness) any special dispensation.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 19

@fmf said
Insights into religions and religious thinking like yours.
That is still looking at man nothing more! You have nothing to do with the reason, the first cause in anything?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
For me, the Christian God is no different than the gods fashioned in the past out of wood or stone. There are no grounds to give your particular God (capitalized out of politeness) any special dispensation.
You believe the question is important that there is or isn’t one, laying aside which one for the moment?

Moves
10 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
You believe the question is important that there is or isn’t one, laying aside which one for the moment?
All gods are created by man, for very good psychological and anthropological reasons.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
All gods are created by man, for very good psychological and anthropological reasons.
How do you know that?

Moves
10 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
How do you know that?
Omniscience.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 19

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Omniscience.
Than it is what you want to believe.

Moves
10 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
How is that belief any less credible than the endowment of omniscience on an unsubstantiated deity?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
How is that belief any less credible than the endowment of omniscience on an unsubstantiated deity?
I know what it is like to be a flawed human, God not so much.

F

Moves
10 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Why do you feel the need to commandeer science to bolster what you want to believe?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.