God NOT of the bible

God NOT of the bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
they are really 'cool' to have been converted to such a half-a$$ed belief system.
Patronizing, much?

Thanks for your support. 😞

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
I do not know what a "biblical Progressive Liberal" is, but I'd say that if they do not believe the bible is the Word of God, then they're not Christians. What it does sound like to me, though, is that you're using the words "Progressive Liberal" to mean "two-faced" or "liar", or some such.

I don't understand your last sentence though, or what you want ...[text shortened]... he Book of Revelation about the AntiChrist. I'm not crazy about that label either.
I think he is referring to the fact that some Democrat politicians who no
longer liked what the word "Liberal" had come to mean in politics began
calling themselves "Progessive" because they also did not want to be
identified with the Conservative Democrats.

Politically, I am on the side of the Consevative Republicans. But on living
and personal affairs while dealing with others I may be considered liberal
in some of my views.

I hope that helps.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by sumydid
I'll say again, that for someone to hold Jesus up as a beacon of truth, but declare the God of the bible to be evil on some level, or to claim the Old Testament is not reliable, just doesn't jive.

Jesus made reference to the Old Testament time after time after time. And He did so in the context that it is the Word of His Father, God almighty. If the Old ...[text shortened]... e-Liberal mishmash conjured up by pseudo Christians and completely unsupported by the bible.
Thats why I am not a christian

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
The ideas in the Holy Bible do not clash. Therefore, you are not
understanding them correctly. This should be a clue to you that
you need further study to find the truth so the ideas are properly
understood.
We'll just have to agree to disagree about it then. I dont see any other way forward here.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Nov 11

WHAT?

You're not Christian!!!??????

[b]*GUARDS!! SEIZE THAT MAN!*
😠 😠 😠[/b]
Lol. Thanks sumy 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Nov 11

Patronizing, much?

Thanks for your support. 😞
I try to call a spade a spade, I dont patronize on purpose.

As usual, just take the most negative point in my post and comment on that .That's really going to induce a good thread . 😕

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think he is referring to the fact that some Democrat politicians who no
longer liked what the word "Liberal" had come to mean in politics began
calling themselves "Progessive" because they also did not want to be
identified with the Conservative Democrats.

Politically, I am on the side of the Consevative Republicans. But on living
and personal affa ...[text shortened]... dealing with others I may be considered liberal
in some of my views.

I hope that helps.
Regardless of what you may think, I'm not a naive little girl.

I'll be turning 35 next week (old enough to run for president!), so...

> prolonged hysterical laughter break <

(oh, good lord, it's been a while since I laughed until I cried...)

So... so anyways, I'm not as uninitiated into the adult world as you may think. I get what Progressive means. While I have similar views, I don't actually label myself as such, though. I'm not afraid of the word "liberal". I am barely old enough to remember Ronald Reagan and his use of the "L word".

I also get that you're a Conservative. You probably missed it, but I've already made jokes here about your "conservative-ness". It's good that you can recognize part of your personality as liberal though. It's better than having the personality and social skills of a cement block. 😛

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Nov 11
1 edit

I try to call a spade a spade, I dont patronize on purpose.

As usual, just take the most negative point in my post and comment on that .That's really going to induce a good thread . 😕
Hey, it's the only point I had a problem with. 🙂

EDIT: Except the baloney you wrote about JC, lol. But I'm tired of banging my head against that brick wall here.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Nov 11
1 edit

Hey, it's the only point I had a problem with. 🙂

EDIT: Except the baloney you wrote about JC, lol. But I'm tired of banging my head against that brick wall here.
Me too. It's tough to stand by your convictions sometimes, but for me that's all I have.

Again, I am prepared to see some truth in christianity without calling myself a christian, how do you think a hindu or buddhists feel about the way they are labelled "satanic",etc. ?
Do you think any of them would want to continue to share their spiritual thoughts- after they have already been blown out of the water?

I like this forum because it's called "spirituality" and not " christianity" . This is the facts of our modern world.
Let's unite (good) forces instead of sticking with the dogma that christianity is the only true religion- that JC is the only one qualified to help us in spiritual matters, and similar counterintuitive ideas.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
06 Nov 11
2 edits

I do not know what a "biblical Progressive Liberal" is, but I'd say that if they do not believe the bible is the Word of God, then they're not Christians. What it does sound like to me, though, is that you're using the words "Progressive Liberal" to mean "two-faced" or "liar", or some such.
LOL! Wow! I loved hearing that but no.. it has been revealed to me unfortunately, that many of the Christian Seminary professors as well as many of the students who graduate from them, are indeed Liberal Christians who take the bible with a grain of salt, follow some of the things Jesus said, and call themselves "Christians." They actually believe that folks like you and me are dangerous fundies that deserve less respect than just about any person on Earth.

Suzianne said
I don't understand your last sentence though, or what you want from me. I said I believe the Holy Bible is the Word of God, and so I would think that would be clear enough? How could I believe and yet not believe? Some non-Christian in this forum (I forget who) even called me a fundamentalist, just because I believe the Book of Revelation about the AntiChrist. I'm not crazy about that label either.

I was trying to explain why I said Liberal Progressive Pseudo Christians and I was speaking exactly of the ones I just described above. If you were one of them (which you aren't) then we'd ... well... we'd have issues. They aren't my favorite people and their sentiment toward me is likewise, probably ten-fold.

Perhaps Wikipedia's description of these folks and their beliefs will help. Though I'm sure its description is PC and careful not to speak too harshly (or such parts were edited out). Believe it or not the vast majority of "Christians" that graduate from seminaries today, belong to this group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Christianity

ENGLAND

Moves
06 Nov 11
2 edits

"Nice the way you can infer that from what I told you."

"I have my own version of the truth and I live and die by it."
"Nice the way you can infer that from what I told you."

Don't be so hypocritical; the whole premise of your OP is one big inference with you [as usual] ducking in and out of what you are actually trying to infer.

You say "I have my own version of the truth and I live and die by it" - how wonderfully dramatic and evangelical of you. So what you are saying is that you have cobbled together a karoly aczel version of true spiritually based on your own wishy-washy set of standards and are now congratulating yourself on managing to living up to them whilst having your traditional poke at Christian's for following Christ.

Impressive.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Nov 11

Perhaps Wikipedia's description of these folks and their beliefs will help. Though I'm sure its description is PC and careful not to speak too harshly (or such parts were edited out). Believe it or not the vast majority of "Christians" that graduate from seminaries today, belong to this group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Christianity
These are the people I was referring to in another thread who believe in God but do not believe in Satan. Not cuddly enough, I guess.

We used to call this "Christian Lite".

ENGLAND

Moves
06 Nov 11

We used to call this "Christian Lite".
Lol.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Nov 11

Well if it comes across as condeming ths christian God then one or both of us are not communicating properly.

Please note the difference between "God", "the bible writers" ,"the interpretations of christians" and what JC taught. They are all a bit (or more), different .Some ideas even outright clash. It would be nice if all these various sources wer ...[text shortened]... there.

Is that clear enough?

Do you think there is anything I should apologize for?
Nope .. nothing for you to apologise for.

Now if there is such a difference between what God wanted to say and what the writers wrote, then there is a big problem.

But first you have to have proof that this is the case. Can you prove that?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by divegeester
[b]"Nice the way you can infer that from what I told you."

Don't be so hypocritical; the whole premise of your OP is one big inference with you [as usual] ducking in and out of what you are actually trying to infer.

You say "I have my own version of the truth and I live and die by it" - how wonderfully dramatic and evangelical o ...[text shortened]... em whilst having your traditional poke at Christian's for following Christ.

Impressive.[/b]
Too much inference on your part. Not enough "Getting into the spirit of it".

Think what you like, it's clear that it doesn't matter either way what I think. I actually wonder why you bother to respond. Oh that's right. To protect that wishy washy bible. Cya