It desires to have you

Spirituality

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
03 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I'd prefer you to answer my request, which sought clarification before I answered your question, which I will.

You asked me "Do you believe it is always humanly possible to do the right thing?

So I am asking you to give me an example of something barely humanly possible, but possible nevertheless, and then to give me an example of something - that is "the right thing" - but humanly impossible.
I asked you a simple question, which you continue to dodge. Assuming your conscience tells you what is right and wrong, based upon your own experience do you believe it is possible for somebody to obey their conscience without fail? Yes or No?

F

Moves
03 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
I asked you a simple question, which you continue to dodge. Assuming your conscience tells you what is right and wrong, do you believe it is possible for anybody to obey their conscience without fail? Yes or No?
On the contrary. You asked this on the previous page in order to dodge my request for examples that illustrate your question. Now you have ignored me and simply repeated it. Go back and see what I requested. I will then answer that question about what is and is not "humanly possible".

F

Moves
03 May 17
2 edits

Do you believe it is always humanly possible to do the right thing?
Here it is again.

Give me some examples of what you mean.

Give me an example of something barely humanly possible, but possible nevertheless, and then give me an example of something - that is "the right thing" - but humanly impossible.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 May 17

I asked you a simple question, which you continue to dodge. Assuming your conscience tells you what is right and wrong, based upon your own experience do you believe it is possible for somebody to obey their conscience without fail? Yes or No?
The trouble with sinners (me too since I am one) we were raised following the desires
of our hearts we know nothing else, it was even admitted here that Atheist don't worry
about "...rules" so they think they are free of them. The trouble with that, it is those rules
that revealed sin in us, it wasn't until we knew we were not supposed to lust, that we saw
that lust in us was sin.

The bar is love, to the point that even calling someone a fool is enough to be in danger of
Hell. When our conscience fails to see its own evil we need a light to shine into our lives
to reveal it, that light being Jesus. It should be noted many are called far worse here, and
I would be willing to bet the name calling isn't even blinked at when its done.

F

Moves
03 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
The trouble with sinners (me too since I am one) we were raised following the desires
of our hearts we know nothing else, it was even admitted here that Atheist don't worry
about "...rules" so they think they are free of them. The trouble with that, it is those rules
that revealed sin in us, it wasn't until we knew we were not supposed to lust, that we ...[text shortened]... worse here, and
I would be willing to bet the name calling isn't even blinked at when its done.
Why do you blame a third party - "Satan" - rather than take full responsibility yourself?

F

Moves
03 May 17

The bar is love, to the point that even calling someone a fool is enough to be in danger of Hell. When our conscience fails to see its own evil we need a light to shine into our lives to reveal it, that light being Jesus.
Do you seriously think that calling someone a fool is enough for Christians to be in danger of Hell?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
03 May 17

The bar is love, to the point that even calling someone a fool is enough to be in danger of Hell.
This standard or bar of love that you mention, is that the same love that will place a human being in eternal torture of hell fire for calling someone a fool? Is that what you are saying?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
03 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Do you seriously think that calling someone a fool is enough for Christians to be in danger of Hell?
I wonder if the pride and ill feeling driving KellyJay to ignore people here, is sufficient for him to be in danger of hell.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
So let me agree with and reinforce what is said here.

As you read on in [b]Romans 8
Paul elaborates on how the Christian as to walk according to the mingled spirit.

What do I mean by the mingled spirit? It means that the human spirit has not been combined with the Holy Spirit. One part of the Christians being is Jesus Christ.

That's right. You ...[text shortened]... the normal Christian church life. This is the recovery of living in the kingdom of the heavens.[/b]
Very, very bad typo.

I intended to write this:

It means that the human spirit has NOW [edited] been combined with the Holy Spirit. One part of the Christian's being is Jesus Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 May 17
3 edits

I had always thought of sin as like a lustful craving for something, like a drug addict would
have for their drug of choice, or some food that the body is yearning for. Having sin
described this way makes me think what you said has merit, sin desires to have, as if it is
a force all to itself that pushes and pulls us to suit its own desires.

Early in the Bible, in Genesis sin is spoken of as an evil "desiring" lurking to gain entrance into the heart of man. I think it means that sin came into the fallen body yet seeks to so possess man's psychological heart deeper in man, as well.

" ... sin is crouching at the door" (Gen. 4:7b)

I think this means sin in the fallen body is crouching to gain more ground in the will, emotion, and mind of Cain.

" ... sin is crouching at the door; and his desire is for you, but you must rule over him."

For the Christian, as we see, sin is also crouching from its foothold in the members of the body. It desires to work its influence from the outside IN. The Triune God imparts Himself into man and saves by working from the inside out.

One evil "person" lusts to conquer from the outside inward. The other glorious, pure, and righteous Person implanted within seeks to wrought His influence from the INSIDE -OUT. This is two desires fighting against one another. The Christian is the battleground.

" But I say, Walk by the Spirit [Christ] and you shall by no means fulfill the lust of the flesh.

For the flesh lusts against the Spirit
[Christ] and the Spirit against the flesh; for these oppose each other that you would not do the things that you desire." (Gal. 5:16,17)

Sin in the fallen body personified is Satan in us. Christ is the stronger Person with a stronger law of life. We need to learn by practicing to walk by the Spirit, give Christ the headship over our being. Then we can watch sin and Satan defeated by the greater one within us - Jesus Christ.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
03 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Here it is again.

Give me some examples of what you mean.

Give me an example of something barely humanly possible, but possible nevertheless, and then give me an example of something - that is "the right thing" - but humanly impossible.
The examples you ask for make no sense, I did not ask whether it is ever humanly possible to do the right thing, of course it is, the question was whether you can consistently do it, without ever failing, day in day out for the entire duration of your life. You are clearly dodging this question for obvious reasons.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
[quote] I had always thought of sin as like a lustful craving for something, like a drug addict would
have for their drug of choice, or some food that the body is yearning for. Having sin
described this way makes me think what you said has merit, sin desires to have, as if it is
a force all to itself that pushes and pulls us to suit its own desires.
[ ...[text shortened]... ng. Then we can watch sin and Satan defeated by the greater one within us - [b]Jesus Christ
.[/b]
You continue to make two fundamental errors in all your posts. The first is YOUR DECEIT and MISREPRESENTATION of the writings of Paul, the second is your MILKMAN APPROACH to preaching. Both are fatal errors.

1. Deceit and misrepresentation: Quoting part of Pauls writins and ignoging the most important part. You say this :

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. (Galatians 5:16-17 KJV)

Then you go on at length about walking in the Spirit, but never ever do you say HOW this can be done neither do you quote the very next verses in which Paul explains HOW it is to be done. You are depriving your readers [the stupid ones] of the truth. The smart ones will read it for themselves and not listen to you. But if you are truthful preacher you will try to help even stupid people.

Paul says in the very next passage how to walk in the Spirit and avoid the lust and works of the flesh:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;
Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations,
wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings,
and such like: of the which I tell you before,
as I have also told you in time past,
that they which do such things
shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
(Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)

This is the whole truth. Avoid these things and you will be walking in the Spirit and you will enter the Kingdom of God

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
03 May 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
You continue to make two fundamental errors in all your posts. The first is YOUR DECEIT and MISREPRESENTATION of the writings of Paul, the second is your MILKMAN APPROACH to preaching. Both are fatal errors.

[b]1. Deceit and misrepresentation:
Quoting part of Pauls writins and ignoging the most important part. You say this :

[i]This I say then, ...[text shortened]... oid these things and you will be walking in the Spirit and you will enter the Kingdom of God[/b][/b]
So the way you see if we just have to follow a set of rules and then we can enter into the kingdom of Heaven? What of the person who keeps on stumbling? Will they not have eternal life without perfection?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 May 17

Fatal error #2 - Your milkman approach to preaching

Paul warns about this in Hebrews. People can be dull of understanding and stagnant in their approach. He therefore warned them to stop talking and repeating the same thing over and over and move forward

C. Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation
of repentance from dead works, and
of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and
of laying on of hands, and
of resurrection of the dead, and
of eternal judgment.

Paul said to LEAVE THESE PRINCIPLES AND MOVE ON TO PERFECTION.

Anyone who continuously dwells on the above list of things is not going anywhere. These are a FOUNDATION on which the Christian must build. Remaining there without growth into the MEAT of the Word of God is the road to death.

You on the contrary have stagnated because all you do is speak of the milk and never move forward to the meat, forward to perfection.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 May 17

So the way you see if we just have to follow a set of rules and then we can enter into the kingdom of Heaven? What of the person who keeps on stumbling? Will they not have eternal life without perfection?
The way I see it? Me ?

Did I quote from the book of Rajk999 Chapter 5:1-3?
Or did I quote from the writings of Paul. from Peter, from Christ.

Is there something Paul said that you did not understand? If so let me know and maybe I can help.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.