Jack Chick is the man!

Jack Chick is the man!

Spirituality

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Jun 06

Originally posted by David C
As you recall, the dog salivated at the expectation of something real, not imaginary.

Are you saying the promises of the NT are not real, but imaginary? Maybe there's hope for you yet.

Thanks, I think.

You're welcome, I guess.

nonetheless: how do you tackle them?

Realistically.[/b]
Are you saying the promises of the NT are not real, but imaginary? Maybe there's hope for you yet.
You will recall--- and, just in case you don't, simply refer back to your previous post before this spate--- that you were the one referring to Christians and their Pavlov-like reactions. Do try to keep up with your own insults, won't you?

Realistically.
So we can assume that you view any professing Christian as one outside of reality? Rich.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Jun 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Disagree?
You know I do. If you'd read any of the (scant) articles, you'd realize the main idea (not exclusive of this author, mind you) is that Eusebius was in collusion with the other wealthy landholders...err, bishops...under the auspices of Constantine. I'll grant you there are some exceptions, which the author has duly noted. This does not nullify the idea that "Christinaity", in its' present form, was created from whole cloth around 325 CE.

I'm only here to help remove those woolen goggles of yours, Hamster.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
01 Jun 06

I read "woollen giggles". I must be losing my mind.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Jun 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Do try to keep up with your own insults, won't you?
Perhaps you should try to keep closer track of your pithy replies. Your preachers certainly do not preach that Life Everlasting through Faith in Jesus is anything but real.

So we can assume that you view any professing Christian as one outside of reality? Rich.

Correct, but this is not limited to Christianity. Despite your well-meaning attempts to define Divine Doctrines, Attributes of God, and other assorted flotsam, the central idea of your faith is beyond the bounds of reality and reason. No one has ever 'defeated death'...with the possible exception of Nicolas Flamel and his wife. In any case, that would have had nothing to do with Jesus.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Jun 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I read "woollen giggles". I must be losing my mind.
It's always in the last place you look, or so I'm told.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
01 Jun 06

Perhaps you should try to keep closer track of your pithy replies. Your preachers certainly do not preach that Life Everlasting through Faith in Jesus is anything but real.

[b]So we can assume that you view any professing Christian as one outside of reality? Rich.

Correct, but this is not limited to Christianity. Despite your well-meaning attempts ...[text shortened]... ion of Nicolas Flamel and his wife. In any case, that would have had nothing to do with Jesus.[/b]
No one has ever 'defeated death'...

You have no way of sustaining this. More of your wishful thinking perhaps?

l

London

Moves
01 Jun 06

You know I do. If you'd read any of the (scant) articles, you'd realize the main idea (not exclusive of this author, mind you) is that Eusebius was in collusion with the other wealthy landholders...err, bishops...under the auspices of Constantine. I'll grant you there are some exceptions, which the author has duly noted. This does not nullify the idea that " ...[text shortened]... th around 325 CE.

Thanks - but I think they're some kind of light metal alloy.

And how many times are you going to parrot Down Bran on the whole "Constantine created Christianity" bit? Please do actually read some of the Apostolic Fathers.

Oh wait - you claimed Eusebius made all those documents up. I'm still waiting for the proof of that.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
02 Jun 06

Correct, but this is not limited to Christianity. Despite your well-meaning attempts to ...[text shortened]... ion of Nicolas Flamel and his wife. In any case, that would have had nothing to do with Jesus.[/b]
This is exactly the point, David. Why it is being missed by you is beyond me.

the central idea of your faith is beyond the bounds of reality and reason.
And yet, you neither offer substantiation of this claim, nor a replacement satisfying the same criteria.

No one has ever 'defeated death'
So, instead of the Gospel accounts, we should believe you? I'll take my chances with Scripture, dude.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
06 Jun 06

Originally posted by Halitose
You have no way of sustaining this. More of your wishful thinking perhaps?
That's pretty funny, Hal. I don't need to sustain anything. I rather think you have the harder time "sustaining" the inverse, which is the claim of your faith. Definitely some wishful thinking there...

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
06 Jun 06
3 edits

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Thanks - but I think they're some kind of light metal alloy.
And how many times are you going to parrot Down Bran on the whole "Constantine created Christianity" bit?

I'm not sure what a "Down Bran" is, but the idea that modern Christianity was created at Nicea is not new. Do you deny that several versions of Christianity were "on the table" at Nicea? Including those that did not consider Jesus as divine?

Oh wait - you claimed Eusebius made all those documents up. I'm still waiting for the proof of that.

Sure, Hammy. What would you accept as "proof"? (boy, that feels weird). Remember, history is written by the winners, and in the case of your Church, all the loser's sh** goes up in a big, smoking bonfire. Just ask Moctezuma.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
06 Jun 06

It's always in the last place you look, or so I'm told.
Are you going to continue looking after you found it? No? Then it'll definately be in the last place you look.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
06 Jun 06

This is exactly the point, David. Why it is being missed by you is beyond me.
I cannot believe I'm still engaged in this with you. Look, my knowledge that your faith is based on an imaginary principle did not enter into the simile. Christians salivate at the idea that their ego transcends this life. Thus, Pavlov. Are we square?

And yet, you neither offer substantiation of this claim, nor a replacement satisfying the same criteria.

Substantiation? You have got to be kidding. First, YOU "substantiate" that we live forever if we believe in "Christ's work on the cross". How about that? Otherwise, you are outside of reality and reason.

So, instead of the Gospel accounts, we should believe you? I'll take my chances with Scripture, dude.

Whatever gets you through the day...dude.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
06 Jun 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Are you going to continue looking [b]after you found it? No? Then it'll definately be in the last place you look.[/b]
Well, that's kind of the whole point of the line.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
06 Jun 06

I cannot believe I'm still engaged in this with you. Look, my knowledge that your faith is based on an imaginary principle did not enter into the simile. Christians salivate at the idea that their ego transcends this life. Thus, Pavlov. Are we square?

[b]And yet, you neither offer substantiation of this claim, nor a replacement satisfying the same criteri ...[text shortened]... ll take my chances with Scripture, dude.

Whatever gets you through the day...dude.[/b]
Christians salivate at the idea that their ego transcends this life. Thus, Pavlov. Are we square?
Ironically, it escapes you still. Incidentally, what you call the ego, God calls the soul, and all souls live forever, regardless of destination.

Otherwise, you are outside of reality and reason.
As all reality and reason necessarily begin with God, and you have yet to offer a model which offers either of the categories as a possibility without God, the ball is still in your court.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
06 Jun 06

Ironically, it escapes you still. Incidentally, what you call the ego, God calls the soul, and all souls live forever, regardless of destination.
Feel free to prove this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.