Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
What do you mean where is his right hand? Christian atheist?
What does "Christian unbeliever" mean? What does "Christian atheist" mean? These are two terms you have used on this thread? Do you ever use these terms for people whose beliefs coincide with yours or would you only apply them to people whose beliefs are not exactly the same as yours?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
There is a lot of stuff in the Bible how do you surmise that I disagree with most of it?
I've been reading your posts, thats how I do my 'surmising'. And I don't concoct phoney arguments such as you claiming I've said you're not a believer because you disagree with me. I said no such thing.

For the second time, disagreeing with me does not make you a nonbeliever. So what's next, are you going to repeat the same lie for a third time?

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

I've been reading your posts, thats how I do my 'surmising'. And I don't concoct phoney arguments such as you claiming I've said you're not a believer because you disagree with me. I said no such thing.

For the second time, disagreeing with me does not make you a nonbeliever. So what's next, are you going to repeat the same lie for a third time?
So why are you constantly insinuating that divegeester is not a real Christian?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
So why are you constantly insinuating that divegeester is not a real Christian?
Get real. He's as much of a Christian as you are.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

Apart from a different interpretation of what happens to those not "saved" after they die ~ his interpretation being different from yours ~ and differences of opinion over what is literal and what is metaphorical in the Bible ~ also different from yours ~ on what basis do you claim divegeester does "...not believe most of what the Bible says"?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Apart from a different interpretation of what happens to those not "saved" after they die ~ his interpretation being different from yours ~ and differences of opinion over what is literal and what is metaphorical in the Bible ~ also different from yours ~ on what basis do you claim divegeester does "...not believe most of what the Bible says"?
He doesn't believe in hell and I've asked him twice if he believes in heaven, but Mr Unequivocal apparently felt he didn't need to answer my question about heaven. He doesn't believe in hell and won't say if he believes in heaven or not, but apparently he does believe he's saved.

But saved from what? Saved from a hell he sometimes doesn't believe exists, and then does believe exists, but doesn't believe what Yeshua (who is the Christ) says about it? And when I've asked him about heaven, Mr Unequivocal can't seem to give an answer let alone a straight answer.

Some of us are more interested in the topics than we are in listening to you two narcissists incessantly talk about yourselves and other people. If you weren't so enamored with yourselves you might actually have something interesting to say...

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

He doesn't believe in hell and I've asked him twice if he believes in heaven, but Mr Unequivocal apparently felt he didn't need to answer my question about heaven. He doesn't believe in hell and won't say if he believes in heaven or not, but apparently he does believe he's saved.
But you're pretty fuzzy on "heaven" too. The thread can be dug out if necessary. It was the one where bbar posted a fair few times. You talked about some kind of dream state where the fate of the loves of one's life no longer matter.

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Sep 15

But saved from what? Saved from a hell he sometimes doesn't believe exist ...[text shortened]... you weren't so enamored with yourselves you might actually have something interesting to say...
I do believe in heaven.

Am I a Christian now?

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
But you're pretty fuzzy on "heaven" too. The thread can be dug out if necessary. It was the one where bbar posted a fair few times. You talked about some kind of dream state where the fate of the loves of one's life no longer matter.
Everything that lemon lime believes about Christianity is a bit fuzzy. Does he believe in eternal suffering of not? I still don't know, do you?

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

But saved from what? Saved from a hell he sometimes doesn't believe exists, and then does believe exists, but doesn't believe what Yeshua (who is the Christ) says about it?
"Saved" from annihilation/death, presumably. What divegeester does not believe in is eternal torture. Even if you have now ~ at least since a few weeks ago ~ believed in this eternity of suffering for those not "saved", how can you possibly think that this justifies you saying that he does "...not believe most of what the Bible says"?

F

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

Some of us are more interested in the topics than we are in listening to you two narcissists incessantly talk about yourselves and other people. If you weren't so enamored with yourselves you might actually have something interesting to say...
And yet one notes that you seem to do a lot of talking about divegeester and do so more often than not when you crop up on this forum.

But, your personal remarks notwithstanding, aside from the fate of those not "saved" and the literalism v metaphors thing, how else does his belief in the Bible differ from yours?

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

I believe in the atoning work of Jesus Christ at Calvary as being the the entire redemptive work of God providing complete remission of sin and sins. I accept Jesus Christ as being my Lord and saviour and believe that he is the exact representation of the invisible God as revealed in the scriptures of the Bible. I accept the ultimate authority of God and hold him accountable for the creation, current condition of and ultimate fate of the universe and all mankind.

Getting any clearer?

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Sep 15

I do not accept the these teachings:

The trinity. I belive in the unity of the God head and see God described in scripture as one entity revealed in multiple offices of varying authority.

Eternal suffering. I think I've made my views and reasoning on this abundantly clear already.

How you doing with this, ok?

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Sep 15

I believe that "mercy triumphs over judgment".

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Sep 15

I don't belive at the entire Bible is literal. For example I don't believe there was an actual tree of life in the garden of Eden, a tree with roots in soil feeding of nutrients etc.