The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

The Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Spirituality

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
I am able to use my mind without feeling the need to attribute the decisions I make to the intervention of a supernatural being.
So why do you belittle those that believe in the supernatural? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
So why do you belittle those that believe in the supernatural? Does it make you feel better about yourself?
I am not belittling you. If you feel belittled, then that is a matter for you. I am here for debate and discussion. If diversity and disagreement has an impact on your self-esteem, I suggest you seek out online communities where the people you discuss things with already agree with you and dissenting voices are not heard.

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
You sound very bitter for someone who used to be a person of faith for decades. You’re not disabled/handicapped by any chance? That would explain a lot.
Perhaps you have had a bad interpersonal experience with a person who happened to have a disability? I'm not sure what to make of your question.

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
I am not belittling you. If you feel belittled, then that is a matter for you. I am here for debate and discussion. If diversity and disagreement has an impact on your self-esteem, I suggest you seek out online communities where the people you discuss things with already agree with you and dissenting voices are not heard.
I am simply pointing out that you spew an awful amount of vitriol against a faith you used to hold dear for decades. What happened FMF? Did you fully recover from the near fatal motorcycle accident?

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
Perhaps you have had a bad interpersonal experience with a person who happened to have a disability? I'm not sure what to make of your question.
I am simply trying to understand where all your anger and hate is coming from.

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
I am simply pointing out that you spew an awful amount of vitriol against a faith you used to hold dear for decades. What happened FMF? Did you fully recover from the near fatal motorcycle accident?
I don't think anything I post on this forum can be realistically described as "spewing vitriol", your vehement disagreement or discomfort with it notwithstanding.

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
I am simply trying to understand where all your anger and hate is coming from.
You have some personal problems with people who have disabilities where you live?

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
You have some personal problems with people who have disabilities where you live?
Not at all. I am simply trying to understand your behavior.

Moves
12 Oct 18
1 edit

@fmf said
I don't think anything I post on this forum can be realistically described as "spewing vitriol", your vehement disagreement or discomfort with it notwithstanding.
Of course you wouldn't. Your post on page 1 speaks for itself.

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
Of course you wouldn't. Your post on page 1 speaks for itself.
My post on page 1 was motivated by an interest in discussing such things. I don't feel any hatred or anger at all.

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
You sound very bitter for someone who used to be a person of faith for decades. You’re not disabled/handicapped by any chance? That would explain a lot.
Do you have something you want to say about your feeling regarding people with disabilities?

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
Do you have something you want to say about your feeling regarding people with disabilities?
I feel very sorry for them.

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
My post on page 1 was motivated by an interest in discussing such things. I don't feel any hatred or anger at all.
Good for you.

F

Moves
12 Oct 18
1 edit

@dj2becker said
I feel very sorry for them.
I work with people with disabilities here in Indonesia. Have you ever done that? What did they think about you "feeling very sorry for them"?

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@dj2becker said
You’re not disabled/handicapped by any chance? That would explain a lot.
Do you find people with disabilities to be "bitter" people full of "hatred" and "anger"? I am trying to work out what is at the root of your question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.