The thing about LOVE

The thing about LOVE

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
You are saved by grace. You do not get eternal life however unless there is good works and righteous living.

The grace of God is for everyone.
Eternal life is not for everyone, because everyone would not follow Christ commandments.
Again you avoid answering my question!

Oh course you will do good works, not the question asked!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
Where does the bible say we well spend eternity with or without God?
Answer my question!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jun 19

@divegeester said
I know that you accept that, thank you for telling me again. Let’s put aside our Christian God for the moment, let’s imagine an anonymous supernatural being called X.

Would you accept that there is a moral incongruence between Being X claiming to “be love”, whilst at the same time Being X carrying out a behaviour of keeping creatures souls in existence eternally in order to burn them alive.?
I think God will live with the results of sins by having the results with Him through eternity.

ENGLAND

Moves
01 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
I think God will live with the results of sins by having the results with Him through eternity.
I don’t know what you mean but... no I just don’t know what you mean.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jun 19

@divegeester said
He created it all allowing for the possibility of rejection. Real love is a free choice it cannot be anything else so as soon as there were people there were choices, and we and God were going to live with the results.

The eternal unlike this life will be populated with everyone here, but divided into those who have taken on God’s divine nature, and those that didn’t. There is but one place for those that rejected God there, and here is where all of our choices are being made.

Here we are either attached to the Vine (Jesus) producing good fruit, or not. Those who were never attached to the Vine, or those cut off and cast away will be thrown into the fire.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jun 19

@divegeester said
When the rich young man asked Jesus what must I do to be saved and Jesus said sell all you have and follow me. That guy walked away and Jesus let him.

Why?

ENGLAND

Moves
01 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
He created it all allowing for the possibility of rejection. Real love is a free choice it cannot be anything else so as soon as there were people there were choices, and we and God were going to live with the results.

The eternal unlike this life will be populated with everyone here, but divided into those who have taken on God’s divine nature, and those that didn’t. The ...[text shortened]... se who were never attached to the Vine, or those cut off and cast away will be thrown into the fire.
Yes I know what you believe, thank you for telling me yet again.

We are dealing with the incongruity at the heart of your particular version of Christian doctrine God is LOVE (using your capitalisation) vs God tortures non Christians alive for eternity.

I am accepting what you believe is what you believe, there is no need to keep telling me. What you need to do if you want to, is to address and explain the incongruence of a God of LOVE vs the God of eternal torture.

You do NOT need to reassert what you believe nor do you need to tell me that Bible is “plain”. I accept that you believe it.

You can either address this incongruence or continue to pretend that it doesn’t exist.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jun 19
1 edit

@divegeester said

We are dealing with the incongruity at the heart of your particular version of Christian doctrine God is LOVE (using your capitalisation) vs God tortures non Christians alive for eternity.

I am accepting what you believe is what you believe, there is no need to keep telling me. What you need to do if ...[text shortened]... elieve it.

You can either address this incongruence or continue to pretend that it doesn’t exist.
I'm not sure what you want dive. You want an unbiblical answer for a biblical concern your having with the text of scripture? God created a universe, we have seen happen with just one sin, after that we get all of this death, disease, crime, and so on from the fruit of that one sin. Death was part of this universe, the next there will not be, and God is going to ensure the next one isn't polluted by our sinful nature. If we end up standing before God ruined due to our sins when He offered us a solution He paid for at great cost, we will be cast out.

It isn't non-Christians, it is those who die in their sins, there will be a very large number of people who claim to be Christian in the group.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
You are saved by grace. You do not get eternal life however unless there is good works and righteous living.

The grace of God is for everyone.
Eternal life is not for everyone, because everyone would not follow Christ commandments.
You have not answered the question, is it difficult for you? Why do you keep talking about everything but that question? It is just one sentence Jesus spoke, please answer the question!

Jesus said,
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

Do you think Jesus means what He said here? This is in agreement with the narrow way, but tell me do you reject these words from Christ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Again you avoid answering my question!

Oh course you will do good works, not the question asked!
Why do you keep saying " .. of course you will do good works.. " Where is that in the Bible. There is nothing about of course anyone does good works.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
You have not answered the question, is it difficult for you? Why do you keep talking about everything but that question? It is just one sentence Jesus spoke, please answer the question!

Jesus said,
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

Do you thin ...[text shortened]... d here? This is in agreement with the narrow way, but tell me do you reject these words from Christ?
I dont know about that passage. It depends on what you think the word 'believe' means. Its like this one:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16 KJV)

There are some who profess to believe and they will perish. So someone needs to be careful how those passage are interpreted.

There are several passages that speak more clearly about who it is that enters the Kingdom of God. You are deliberatly gravitating to vague passages becuase it suits your doctrine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
Why do you keep saying " .. of course you will do good works.. " Where is that in the Bible. There is nothing about of course anyone does good works.
Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

This and other verses have been quoted to you over and over, now answer the question.

You have an issue with that verse you cannot answer the question? Instead you bring up other topics to avoid it?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
I dont know about that passage. It depends on what you think the word 'believe' means. Its like this one:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16 KJV)

There are some who profess to believe and they will perish. So someone needs to be careful how those ...[text shortened]... he Kingdom of God. You are deliberatly gravitating to vague passages becuase it suits your doctrine.
You don't know about that passage, it is a single sentence by Jesus and you cannot read it and say what it means? You serious?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jun 19

@divegeester said

I am accepting what you believe is what you believe, there is no need to keep telling me. What you need to do if ...[text shortened]... elieve it.

You mind addressing my question?

When the rich young man asked Jesus what must I do to be saved and Jesus said sell all you have and follow me. That guy walked away and Jesus let him.

Why?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

This and other verses have been quoted to you over and over, now answer the question.

You have an issue with that verse you cannot answer the question? Instead you bring up other topics to avoid it?
Are you taking that passage to mean that all Christians do good works?