Why are Christians under attack ?

Why are Christians under attack ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
22 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the in-group, seriously, there is an in-group?
Yes, it consists of Bible believing , deity of Christ accepting, non-cult membership Christians.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Apr 15
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm sorry, was that a yes or a no to my question?
"I accept that, sincerely. Here then is my direct question:

Do you believe that I deserve to burn in hell for eternity because I reject the doctrine of burining in hell for eternity?"

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
None of us "deserve" anything now or ever from Sovereign God. At the moment of faith alone in Christ alone we receive the permanent grace gift of relationship with God and eternal life with Him in heaven. After salvation, He expects us to grow to maturity by acquiring the Mind of Christ which enables us to understand absolute truths revealed in the Word of God; it does not teach that any Member of God's Royal Family will be "burining in hell for eternity". Alternative: remain an infant.

I'm sorry, was that a yes or a no to my question?

"For God [the Father] did not send the Son into the world to judge the world [individual men and women]; but that the world [inhabitants of planet earth whose volitions chooses to accept rather than reject His grace gift of salvation and eternal lfe] ] should be saved through Him." (John 3:17) How then can I or any other believer in Christ judge the words and behaviour of any man or woman? It'd neither my prerogative nor responsibility to do so today or ever. My motivation is to please God, not to incur His warning or intensive or dying discipline. If there's a Pub in Heaven which serves Disciples' Barley Beer, the first and last rounds and the Fish and Chips are on me. -Bob

ENGLAND

Moves
22 Apr 15

"I accept that, sincerely. Here then is my direct question:

Do you believe that I deserve to burn in hell for eternity because I reject the doctrine of burining in hell for eternity?"

[b]None of us "deserve"
anything now or ...[text shortened]... serves Disciples' Barley Beer, the first and last rounds and the Fish and Chips are on me. -Bob[/b]
Your reluctance to commit either way is noted, thanks for your input.

rc

Moves
22 Apr 15

Yes, it consists of Bible believing , deity of Christ accepting, non-cult membership Christians.
and you cannot get in, bwahahah. Get your money back at the door!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Apr 15
1 edit

Your reluctance to commit either way is noted, thanks for your input.
My "reluctance" is motivated by the commands of God's Word that we not presume to judge others;
nowhere in His Word are we authorized to do so. Choose to do otherwise at your own peril.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
I find Grampy Bobby's evasive behaviour fascinating.

In fact Christians here quite often cannot bring themselves to address each other about disagreements directly. I remember a few months back, you and josephw could not bring yourselves to confront sonship on the grotesque eternal torture ideology ["perfect justice"] that lies at the very heart of his Christ ...[text shortened]... der if it's just the way you are as people or does your religiosity have anything to do with it.
If you have a problem with somebody, I imagine you'd be adult and bring it up with them, instead of painting everyone in their group with the same brush.

Btw, the answer to your question is neither, but you knew that.. If you're going to give someone an either/or, the least you could do is provide one option that exists within the realm of truth.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Apr 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
I haven't noticed anything about sonship's description of the eternal torment doctrine that disagrees with what Christ taught.
You mean according to your weird, wacked out YEC version of the Bible?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
I find Grampy Bobby's evasive behaviour fascinating.

In fact Christians here quite often cannot bring themselves to address each other about disagreements directly. I remember a few months back, you and josephw could not bring yourselves to confront sonship on the grotesque eternal torture ideology ["perfect justice"] that lies at the very heart of his Christ ...[text shortened]... der if it's just the way you are as people or does your religiosity have anything to do with it.
And please do not expect Christians to do your Christian-scourging for you.

If Christ himself were here, you'd have him tied to the whipping post, too.

F

Moves
23 Apr 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
If Christ himself were here, you'd have him tied to the whipping post, too.
What makes you say this? Surely you can see that it is the behaviour of some of His followers here that I take issue with. Why would I 'tie Christ to a whipping post'? When I criticize people like you or RJHinds, I am criticizing you for the way you carry on, not Christ for his teachings.

F

Moves
23 Apr 15

My "reluctance" is motivated by the commands of God's Word that we not presume to judge others; nowhere in His Word are we authorized to do so. Choose to do otherwise at your own peril.
But why don't you direct your 'Christians are not presume to judge others' exhortations at posters like Suzianne and RJHinds who are Christians who presume to judge others over and over and over again on this forum?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Apr 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
You mean according to your weird, wacked out YEC version of the Bible?
I consult several versions. Which version of the Holy Bible do you use?

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and you cannot get in, bwahahah. Get your money back at the door!
My relationship with God is not dependent on acceptance by other Christians, atheists, or cult members such as yourself. Being part of a "group" has no appeal to me, in fact I find it objectionable. What I am interested in is the dynamic of the attitudes and behaviours of these groups, such as the one here in this forum which I've mentioned.

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Apr 15

My "reluctance" is motivated by the commands of God's Word that we not presume to judge others;
nowhere in His Word are we authorized to do so. Choose to do otherwise at your own peril.
I think you know that you are being evasive now.

Surely you understand the difference between "judging" someone, and showing "discernment" of their statements. Or are you saying that you cannot therefore publically disagree with any other member here as that is "judging" them?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
But why don't you direct your 'Christians are not presume to judge others' exhortations at posters like Suzianne and RJHinds who are Christians who presume to judge others over and over and over again on this forum?
Christians are often accused of being judgmental. However, what most people consider to be judgmental is merely telling others what the Bible says are unacceptable behaviors. Christians tell others what the Bible says about behavior because we are commanded to do so, so that others may lead morally acceptable lives. However, we are specifically commanded not to judge the behavior of individuals for whom we do not have absolute certainty of the truth regarding their actions. The Christian Church is to remove sin from within its own ranks first and foremost before condemning the actions of outsiders.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/why_are_christians_judgmental.html

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Apr 15
2 edits

I think you know that you are being evasive now.

Surely you understand the difference between "judging" someone, and showing "discernment" of their statements. Or are you saying that you cannot therefore publically disagree with any other member here as that is "judging" them?
“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32) “...bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.” (Colossians 3:13) “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.” (1Corinthians 13:4) "Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,' says the Lord." (Romans 12:19)

I "understand" commandments given in the Word of God. Forgive, forgive, forgive.... Resolve any significant differences in private.