Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

Wow. I asked Ghosty who witnessed the parting of the Red Sea and apparently stumped him. He made a snark post and then disappeared.

‘Ol PB wins again 🎉 🎊

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Wow. I asked Ghosty who witnessed the parting of the Red Sea and apparently stumped him. He made a snark post and then disappeared.

‘Ol PB wins again 🎉 🎊
Oh dear, emulating sonship's tactic of claiming victory when a poster logs out the site. I guess you have to take victories where you find them.

So to clarify, the pharaoh and his entire army being destroyed in the Red Sea went unnoticed and unrecorded?

Moves
08 Feb 22

Wow no reply from PB1002. I claim victory.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Oh dear, emulating sonship's tactic of claiming victory when a poster logs out the site. I guess you have to take victories where you find them.

So to clarify, the pharaoh and his entire army being destroyed in the Red Sea went unnoticed and unrecorded?
Oh it went recorded. It’s right there in Exodus.

But why aren’t you answering my question? Who witnessed the parting of the Red Sea?

Do you think at the time Exodus was written, it was part of the Holy Bible?

Was the information in Exodus more trustworthy before it was included in the Torah and subsequently the Old Testament?

And I don’t take you at your word that there is no evidence of the Exodus outside the Bible, nor would I advise anyone to take you at your word about anything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Wow no reply from PB1002. I claim victory.
You may be able to beat PB1002 (whoever that is,) but you’ll never beat PB1022 - never have and never will.

Keep debating me and pretty soon I’ll have you carrying little notebooks in your pockets like dive and writing “Haha!” In them whenever you’re angry and frustrated.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Because Israelite history didn't take place in a vacuum.
It also didn’t take place in front of CNN cameras either.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
<<because of the evil those following God do.>>

Not to quibble but to clarify - they weren’t following God when they did evil.
It doesn’t matter they were people of God, that doesn’t stop start due to today’s obedience and yesterday’s sins.

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Oh it went recorded. It’s right there in Exodus.

But why aren’t you answering my question? Who witnessed the parting of the Red Sea?

Do you think at the time Exodus was written, it was part of the Holy Bible?

Was the information in Exodus more trustworthy before it was included in the Torah and subsequently the Old Testament?

And I don’t take you at your word that ...[text shortened]... of the Exodus outside the Bible, nor would I advise anyone to take you at your word about anything.
So the Bible creates its own history and is self-validating, even if unsupported by external evidence?

And when I referenced the parting of the Red Sea it was in relation to the supposed wiping out of The Egyptian army, not the validating of a clearly fictitious miracle. And why ignore the main point? Why is there no evidence of the slavery itself? Surely the sudden loss of all those slaves in Egypt would have had some kind of traceable impact, don't you think?

Moves
08 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
It also didn’t take place in front of CNN cameras either.
Surprisingly, history records began before cameras.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
It doesn’t matter they were people of God, that doesn’t stop start due to today’s obedience and yesterday’s sins.
I think the clarification is important. Otherwise the implication is people doing evil are following God’s will.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
So the Bible creates its own history and is self-validating, even if unsupported by external evidence?

And when I referenced the parting of the Red Sea it was in relation to the supposed wiping out of The Egyptian army, not the validating of a clearly fictitious miracle. And why ignore the main point? Why is there no evidence of the slavery itself? Surely the sudden loss of all those slaves in Egypt would have had some kind of traceable impact, don't you think?
Exodus, when Moses wrote it, wasn’t part of the Holy Bible. Was it a more reliable historical document before it was included in the Bible?

And the miracle can (also) be explained by naturalistic means. You oughta check that out.

And I get your point, but am not sure the number of chariots chasing the Israelis constituted the entire Egyptian army. But even if it did, you’re talking about an event that happened more than 3,000 years ago.

Do you know how many sources exist for similarly-significant events from 3,000+ years ago?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said

It’s historical the Bible didn’t just show up centuries after the fact.

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Exodus, when Moses wrote it, wasn’t part of the Holy Bible. Was it a more reliable historical document before it was included in the Bible?

And the miracle can (also) be explained by naturalistic means. You oughta check that out.

And I get your point, but am not sure the number of chariots chasing the Israelis constituted the entire Egyptian army. But even if it did, you ...[text shortened]... s ago.

Do you know how many sources exist for similarly-significant events from 3,000+ years ago?
Time does degrade the validity of evidence, that's true. Hence there being none for the Ressurection. (You know, the event that happened 2,000 years ago).

Moves
08 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
It’s historical the Bible didn’t just show up centuries after the fact.
Never mind Kelly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I think the clarification is important. Otherwise the implication is people doing evil are following God’s will.
No people doing evil is because it is people doing evil. God didn’t tell David to have Uriah murdered so David could have his wife. The context and consequences are always important I agree. When someone skims through scripture by say just doing word searches that is not studying the Bible, it requires reading to take it all in context.

There are posters here who have pet scripture and ignore everything else the Bible says on topics they like. They are forever taking things out of context and some of their beliefs run contrary to the whole Bible’s teachings about very important topics.