Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@divegeester said
No, im not assuming that at all.
I think you are.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No. God was with Judah at the battle in question and the reason given for their failure was: BECAUSE they had chariots of iron.

This is a contradiction to the biblical assertion that nothing is impossible for God.
That was why Judah couldn’t overcome them, not why God couldn’t overcome them.

Because of Judah’s disobedience, God would not assist them in prevailing in that battle.

Just read the very next chapter in Judges.

ENGLAND

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I think you are.
I don’t care what you think Romans1009.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I don’t care what you think Romans1009.
You’re floundering, tiger.

You’re floundering and losing the thread.

Best get some shut-eye and start fresh tomorrow.

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
That was why Judah couldn’t overcome them, not why God couldn’t overcome them.

Because of Judah’s disobedience, God would not assist them in prevailing in that battle.

Just read the very next chapter in Judges.
I did, and you are mistaken.

Moves
10 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@PB1022

Next contradiction:

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him." 1 John 5:18

"For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Ecclesiastes 7:20

How can both be true?
Nudge for Romans1009.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Nudge for Romans1009.
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

ENGLAND

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You’re floundering, tiger.
You’re floundering and losing the thread.
I don’t think I am.

ENGLAND

Moves
10 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
The study, looking at all the material I can get my hands on from those that do commentary, other translations, teachers, I'm not interested in a preferred translation; I want to the one that reflects the original. Preferred inserts me into the text instead of getting something out of it.
Bump for KellyJay.

Ok let me see if I can word this in such a way that you can’t sidestep my point, it’s my bad, not you….

You have claimed that some translations of the Bible are better than others, right. Now what I m trying to get at is which criteria you use to make that differentiation.

You’ve replied “study” I.e. you are telling me you have studied all these translations and peripheral commentaries, teachers on them etc. a mission to find the one which reflects the original. Which “one” is that, which translation reflects the “original”…Hebrew the best?

Leaving aside my incredulousness at this assertion of your academic abilities for the moment… I still don’t know what specific criteria, what biblical assessment framework you have used to come to an opinion that some translations are better than others. Which is what you claimed a few pages ago.

Here is my approach, in contrast your claim about how you form your opinion on translations… I like the translations which support my already developed view of doctrine and my personal opinion of what the scriptures mean.

So would you care to expand on your translation assessment criteria please?

Moves
10 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
How does that address the contradiction?

ENGLAND

Moves
10 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Have you noticed how KellyJay’s replies hardly ever directly address the post you made?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
God has condemned sin in us and given us a life in Him. Which is why without Him we will never be right with God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Bump for KellyJay.

Ok let me see if I can word this in such a way that you can’t sidestep my point, it’s my bad, not you….

You have claimed that some translations of the Bible are better than others, right. Now what I m trying to get at is which criteria you use to make that differentiation.

You’ve replied “study” I.e. you are telling me you have studied all th ...[text shortened]... the scriptures mean.

So would you care to expand on your translation assessment criteria please?
How do you know anything that someone else says to you? When you read anything from anyone you can only take what it says at face value or you find yourself trying to read between the lines.

Every written communication between anyone has a bit of revelation in it. When you write and are trying to covey your thoughts on a matter you choose what words best do that. This you find mysterious?

Moves
10 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
God has condemned sin in us and given us a life in Him. Which is why without Him we will never be right with God.
There is a contradiction in the following 2 passages. That is what we are talking about.

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him." 1 John 5:18

"For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Ecclesiastes 7:20

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I did, and you are mistaken.
I disagree.