Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Why is everything in the Bible true and accurate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
😆
Yeah I had to let that one pass 😂

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Feb 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Those that stay true to the original text as the goal of translation, and some don't. You can choose to belittle my intelligence, and honesty; it is what you do.
I’ve laid out in plain words how you have been trying to position yourself in order to avoid being challenged on how you personally know that “everything in the Bible is true and accurate” and subsequently how you decide which bits you decide are literal and doctrinal.

So far you’ve come up with a claim that you find some translations to be better than others, but you cannot seem to say why. Instead you’ve given some rhetoric about your “study” and the “commentary” related to various translations, then you’ve sidestepped owning up to “preferring” these “better translations” and you are generally playing a sort of intellectual dodgeball.

So we are no further forward in understanding how and why you think “everything in the Bible is true and accurate”?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
😆
Obviously you haven’t looked at it in any greater depth than you looked into the reliability of the Gospels, the Holy Bible as a whole and the theory of evolution.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Yeah I had to let that one pass 😂
What do you know about the Shroud of Turin?

Anything?

You know how the image on the Shroud was created?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
12 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Obviously you haven’t looked at it in any greater depth than you looked into the reliability of the Gospels, the Holy Bible as a whole and the theory of evolution.
Wanna buy a bridge?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Wanna buy a bridge?
Nothing but trolling today?

You’ve been hanging around dive too long,

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
12 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Nothing but trolling today?

You’ve been hanging around dive too long,
Are you trying to pretend that your post at 17:03 in this thread wasn't a weak attempt to troll?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
Are you trying to pretend that your post at 17:03 in this thread wasn't a weak attempt to troll?
🥱 😴 💤

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Feb 22
1 edit

🎶
Whizzing in the pool
Whizzing in the pool
PB peanut butter
Is whizzing in the pool.
🎶

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22

@divegeester said
🎶
Whizzing in the pool
Whizzing in the pool
PB peanut butter
Is whizzing in the pool.
🎶
Happy to see you in a good mood for once!

👍👍

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
The bible is taken to the absolute truth for Christians only. The absolute truth is from the mouth of Jesus Christ. So when the truth as Jesus spoke it, contradicts what the Bible said, then Christians have a problem and they often side with the bible.
Jesus and the Bible do not contradict one another, which is why when the things you say don't line up with the scriptures from the things that Jesus said to those the Holy Spirit gave others to write, you are in error. There isn't a side of the Bible that goes against what Jesus says. We side with the whole Word of God, not just the parts we cherry-pick to suit our pet doctrines as you do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I’ve laid out in plain words how you have been trying to position yourself in order to avoid being challenged on how you personally know that “everything in the Bible is true and accurate” and subsequently how you decide which bits you decide are literal and doctrinal.

So far you’ve come up with a claim that you find some translations to be better than others, but you ...[text shortened]... rther forward in understanding how and why you think “everything in the Bible is true and accurate”?
I've been clear since day one that you need to read the whole Bible, not cherry-pick verses that you like, and exclude others that don't align with your pet doctrinal beliefs. If you are trying to understand and some parts don't agree with what you think one passage means, you need to study more because the Word does not disagree with itself.

You don't believe the Bible is the Word of God and claim to be a Christian, then what parts do you reject and accept. I accept the whole; I'm not trying to cut out parts I dislike and like; that would be you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Jesus and the Bible do not contradict one another, which is why when the things you say don't line up with the scriptures from the things that Jesus said to those the Holy Spirit gave others to write, you are in error. There isn't a side of the Bible that goes against what Jesus says. We side with the whole Word of God, not just the parts we cherry-pick to suit our pet doctrines as you do.
What have I said does not line up with scripture.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
What have I said does not line up with scripture.
Let's start with when Jesus and the Bible disagree people side with the Bible over Jesus; Jesus is the Word of God that would never happen. So all of those times, you have scripture quoted to you that goes directly against what you are claiming; each and everyone one of those times, you are in error.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Let's start with when Jesus and the Bible disagree people side with the Bible over Jesus; Jesus is the Word of God that would never happen. So all of those times, you have scripture quoted to you that goes directly against what you are claiming; each and everyone one of those times, you are in error.
And yet you can give not one example and it happened all those times.