jimslyp forum killing champion

General

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I know a hell of alot more about squats and sweat than you do! 😛

Some time at a fitness center would do you a world of good!

Might cut in on your RHP time, but I'm sure everyone would understand! 😉 😉
Ouch!

Felis Australis

Australia

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

GB must have been serving time in the sin-bin during November. Looks as if it was my cranky month. 😕

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by Kewpie

GB must have been serving time in the sin-bin during November. Looks as if it was my cranky month. 😕
Prescient.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
04 Feb 13

I was born in October, and I didn't even get a mention. :'(

-m. 😀

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by mikelom
I was born in October, and I didn't even get a mention. :'(

-m. 😀
...and an honourable mention for mikelom who founded

Thread 149155

A thread which managed to live from October to November.

RIP

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Mar 13

Originally posted by Ponderable
...and an honourable mention for mikelom who founded

Thread 149155

A thread which managed to live from October to November.

RIP
"Some members might post such abhorrent crap that others feel the need to reply, thus they never kill a thread. Likewise, someone could create such amazing posts that no one feels man enough to square up to such excellent postage." (Sicilian Sausage)

Ponderable, what's your take on his first ever such point?
-

In your face

Moves
07 Mar 13

SS>Yes but I am making about as much sense as you are with your random copying and pasting. If you have something to say, please come out and say it, If not then don't bother me with random crap that doesn't mean anything. I mean what sort of response were you expecting, if you forward something I posted on the GF 8 months ago to my inbox?

I think you should become a cryptic crossword writer. You would certainly get more pleasure out of it and a much humbler response from your readers, no doubt.

In all due respect I think you are a nice enough guy, I just don't get your agenda though. It is f***ing nuts.

Regards
J

GB>Sentences are yours(?)

SS>Sorry haven't got time just at the moment. Must dash, ttfn...

PS I'm not Ponderable.

GB>"Some members might post such abhorrent crap that others feel the need to reply, thus they never kill a thread. Likewise, someone could create such amazing posts that no one feels man enough to square up to such excellent postage." (Sicilian Sausage)

-

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Mar 13
5 edits

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage

SS>Yes but I am making about as much sense as you are with your random copying and pasting. If you have something to say, please come out and say it, If not then don't bother me with random crap that doesn't mean anything. I mean what sort of response were you expecting, if you forward something I posted on the GF 8 months ago to my inbox?

I think tage." (Sicilian Sausage)

-

I think you should become a cryptic crossword writer. You would certainly get more pleasure out of it and a much humbler response from your readers, no doubt.

In all due respect I think you are a nice enough guy, I just don't get your agenda though. It is f***ing nuts.

Regards
J

GB>Sentences are yours(?)

SS>Sorry haven't got time just at the moment. Must dash, ttfn...

PS I'm not Ponderable.

GB>"Some members might post such abhorrent crap that others feel the need to reply, thus they never kill a thread. Likewise, someone could create such amazing posts that no one feels man enough to square up to such excellent postage." (Sicilian Sausage)

First time I read your post it seemed as if you had forked lighting within my brain. Over the years many had quietly assumed the validity of your observation that, "Some members might post such abhorrent crap that others feel the need to reply, thus they never kill a thread." No one had ever questioned the association of your second insight that, "Likewise, someone could create such amazing posts that no one feels man enough to square up to such excellent postage." Those high wattaged lights that clicked on never went out during January, 2012 to March, 2013.

Yesterday, I went hunting for your words for the sake of trying to think them through one last time. Gave up on the autopsy after about twenty minutes, content with my first impressions (that your point was correct and should be taken at face value, no matter how small a minority you represented). Almost let the probe go; then, realized Ponderable is as knowledgeable as anyone in the area of forum thread life expectancy; death by illness or murder; and resuscitation. So, I thought "What the Hell, might as well ask him to weigh in. Last thing in the world I anticipated was you reacting emotionally and becoming publically irritated in the process. Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to get involved.

In your face

Moves
07 Mar 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

I think yo ...[text shortened]... ted in the process. Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to get involved.
Wow.You really are nuts. P1ss off n0b ed.

Moves
08 Mar 13

Trev33 and mikelom managed to kill a thread with the first post.
I always knew we were special 😛

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Mar 13

Originally posted by Trev33
I always knew we were special 😛
keep up the good work and make it go around

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
08 Mar 13

Results for December:

Champ: Grampy Bobby: 27

Runner up: Very Rusty 20

3rd: Chess Praxis 8

winners quota: 23.5 %

also run:

6: apathist, Kewpie
5: Ponderable
4: johnnylongwoody, Great Big Stees
3: HandyAndy, rookie54, divegester
2: mikelom,drewnogal,Kegge, FrankBurns, robbie carobbie, sonhouse
1: Crowley, coquette, Lloyd E Atkins, rank outsider, mwmiller, ale1552, michael liddle, phil3000, shiloh, Trev33, Sicilian Sausage, bestbytest, scachipazzo, Suzianne
Birth stats:

105 of the 115 killed threads were born in December ( 91.3% )
7 were born in November (6.1 % )
2 were born in October (1.7 % )
1 was born in June

Honourable mentions:
Lloyd E Atkins killed a thread with the first post.
Phil 3000 and GB killed threads with a three digit number of posts.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
08 Mar 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Some members might post such abhorrent crap that others feel the need to reply, thus they never kill a thread. Likewise, someone could create such amazing posts that no one feels man enough to square up to such excellent postage." (Sicilian Sausage)

-
Why would this be his first ever such point?

There are several ways to kill a thread:

* posting utter crap (not foolproff people might still reply)
* posting a really final comment (high quality), problem: some might not realize the potential of the comment. Or they post to anser to a feud started much earlier in the thread.
* posting in as many threads as possible with something. People might become bored to reply. (not foolproof. Some might find a fool who will post just to keep the name of the much poster from the hitlist)
* posting some tought, and the thread becomoing forgotten (e.g. from the previously described phenomenon)
* posting very long posts. People might not read through and lose interest.
posting empty posts, so that people don't bother to reply
* posting sensless or dead links. e.g. www.nonsense.org/nudelik/nullraf/ZTGB09HGF.html
people might lsoe interest in following those
* posting the same all over.

Be aware that this post will not kill this thread!

Read a book!

Moves
08 Mar 13

Why would this be his first ever such point?

There are several ways to kill a thread:

* posting utter crap (not foolproff people might still reply)
* posting a really final comment (high quality), problem: some might not realize the potential of the comment. Or they post to anser to a feud started much earlier in the thread.
* posting in as many t ...[text shortened]... owing those
* posting the same all over.

Be aware that this post will not kill this thread!
Wanna bet?

Moves
08 Mar 13

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Wanna bet?
$20.00 on the number 4 horse to win in the 5th race at Pimlico please.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.