Peace In the General Forum

General

The Ship's Cat

Moves
14 Aug 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Gosh, is it really. So what.
FMF made a big thing of telling Red, "The "Indonesian alphabet" is exactly the same 26-letter Roman alphabet as English uses. "Indonesian writing" appears exactly the same as English writing.

This is not the case in Javanese script.

ꦁꦼꦄꦢꦶꦤꦒ ꦪꦺꦴꦸꦫ ꦥꦺꦴꦱꦠꦱ ꦶꦱ ꦥꦄꦶꦤ‌‌ꦸꦭ

The Ship's Cat

Moves
14 Aug 22

@divegeester said
I didn’t mention the piper, I was referring to the rats.
You think we are currently discussing this thread in the Chamber?

And you call others paranoid.

F

Moves
14 Aug 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
FMF made a big thing of telling Red, "The "Indonesian alphabet" is exactly the same 26-letter Roman alphabet as English uses. "Indonesian writing" appears exactly the same as English writing.

Indonesian writing is completely different from Javanese writing. Relentless Red wants to gaslight me "to teach me a lesson", as he has admitted, and you are playing along.

F

Moves
14 Aug 22

A forum nadir.

The Ship's Cat

Moves
14 Aug 22
2 edits

@fmf said
Indonesian writing is completely different from Javanese writing. Relentless Red wants to gaslight me "to teach me a lesson", as he has admitted, and you are playing along.
What you mean is, the official language of Indonesia is different from Javanese. This doesn't negate Javanese from being an Indonesian language or make the following statement from you correct:

"Indonesian writing" appears exactly the same as English writing."

Moves
14 Aug 22

@fmf said
Indonesian writing is completely different from Javanese writing.
Java is in Indonesia, it may surprise you to know.

If you wanted to claim that Bahasa Indonesia is currently usually written using the Latin alphabet, you'd have been right, but you didn't write that. There is still a lot of writing done in Indonesia which is not Bahasa Indonesia. Also, the language which became Bahasa Indonesia - Riau Malay - was usually written in an Arabic-derived script called Jawi, which is in fact still in use in some areas to write... Bahasa Indonesia!

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
14 Aug 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said

So what?

F

Moves
14 Aug 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What you mean is, the official language of Indonesia is different from Javanese. This doesn't negate Javanese from being an Indonesian language or make the following statement from you correct:

"Indonesian writing" appears exactly the same as English writing."
The two languages are completely different. Javanese is not Indonesian. And Indonesian is not Javanese. I do not speak or read Javanese. Not a single word of it.

There's no more likely to be "evidence" on my computer that I have browsed web pages that use Javanese script than I have done so with Sundanese web pages or Balinese web pages, two more completely different languages with different scripts, neither of which I can speak or read.

Do you honestly believe that Relentless Red is presenting evidence that I have committed cyber crimes or evidence that support your claims that I am malicious are true?

You are both just gaslighting.

F

Moves
14 Aug 22
1 edit

@shallow-blue said

If you wanted to claim that Bahasa Indonesia is currently usually written using the Latin alphabet, you'd have been right, but you didn't write that. There is still a lot of writing done in Indonesia which is not Bahasa Indonesia. Also, the language which became Bahasa Indonesia - Riau Malay - was usuall ...[text shortened]... erived script called Jawi, which is in fact still in use in some areas to write... Bahasa Indonesia!
"Bahasa" is not an English word. That's why I don't use it when I use the English word "Indonesian" when referring to the language in English

F

Moves
14 Aug 22

@Shallow-Blue
Are you jumping on board with this gaslighting nonsense?

r

Moves
14 Aug 22

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
14 Aug 22

@relentless-red said
Well, if it wasn't you the timing and content was pretty remarkable. The reader can make their own mind up.
So you do think it was FMF wot done you in.

The Ship's Cat

Moves
14 Aug 22

@shallow-blue said

If you wanted to claim that Bahasa Indonesia is currently usually written using the Latin alphabet, you'd have been right, but you didn't write that. There is still a lot of writing done in Indonesia which is not Bahasa Indonesia. Also, the language which became Bahasa Indonesia - Riau Malay - was usuall ...[text shortened]... erived script called Jawi, which is in fact still in use in some areas to write... Bahasa Indonesia!
Great post.

SRB

Moves
14 Aug 22

@the-gravedigger said
So you do think it was FMF wot done you in.
Well, your guess is as good as mine. I've listed all the strange happenings and I've been cross examined by his barrister Dive (very cross).

If FMF did do it, I would just laugh about it and move on, but I would encourage him to do the same about the speck of dirt he believes is in Ghost's eye.

The Ship's Cat

Moves
14 Aug 22

@relentless-red said
Well, your guess is as good as mine. I've listed all the strange happenings and I've been cross examined by his barrister Dive (very cross).

If FMF did do it, I would just laugh about it and move on, but I would encourage him to do the same about the speck of dirt he believes is in Ghost's eye.
I wish everybody would stop putting dirt in my eyes. I'm trying to play Scrabble here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.