The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
46d

@Torunn said
There are many studies on use of alcohol on a regular basis or infrequent - and I would guess that drinking alcohol can never be healthy. I have a glass of wine every day but not for health reasons but it tastes nice with food and it makes me feel a bit more comfortable.
What people should concentrate on however is abandoning smoking because smoking is absolutely dangerous to ourselves and our environment. And smoking is not allowed in the Tavern.
I'm not sure about that, Torunn.
A study from years ago showed that 2 ounces of alcohol every day was beneficial, and red wine was best.

just saying

Gothenburg

Moves
46d

@Earl-of-Trumps said
I'm not sure about that, Torunn.
A study from years ago showed that 2 ounces of alcohol every day was beneficial, and red wine was best.

just saying
I take your word for it, thank you. πŸ™‚

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
46d

@Torunn said
I take your word for it, thank you. πŸ™‚
looks like I was wrong. I remember older studies that were not run correctly

this is from AI
"For years, a drink or two a day appeared to be linked to health benefits. But recently, scientists pointed out flaws in some of the studies that led to those conclusions, and public health warnings have escalated recently that there may be no safe level of alcohol consumption."

Moves
46d

@Earl-of-Trumps said
looks like I was wrong. I remember older studies that were not run correctly

this is from AI
"For years, a drink or two a day appeared to be linked to health benefits. But recently, scientists pointed out flaws in some of the studies that led to those conclusions, and public health warnings have escalated recently that there may be no safe level of alcohol consumption."
As with some other scientific studies I think, maybe the two most important words are likely…”MAY BE”.πŸ€”πŸ‘πŸΊπŸΈπŸ·πŸ₯ƒ

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
44d

@Great-Big-Stees said
As with some other scientific studies I think, maybe the two most important words are likely…”MAY BE”.πŸ€”πŸ‘πŸΊπŸΈπŸ·πŸ₯ƒ
you may be on to something there, Mister Stees πŸ˜€

Moves
44d

@Earl-of-Trumps said
you may be on to something there, Mister Stees πŸ˜€
Remember the studies that showed we shouldn’t’t eat bacon or eggs or, well pretty much anything? “They” decided that, well maybe, you could but in moderation. Who just eats bacon or eggs or whatever? What happened to common sense.πŸ€”πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‰

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
44d

@Great-Big-Stees

A joke comes to mind: A man asks his general practitioner: How can I live long? answer: no smoking, no drinking, small amounts of fat, sugar and salt.
Says the man: I do all that. Answers the GP and why do you want to live long then?

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
43d
1 edit

@Great-Big-Stees said
seeing as though my first response went right over your head, let me try this:

you MAY BE on to something, there, Stees

ya diggin' me now, good buddy?

Moves
43d

@Earl-of-Trumps said
seeing as though my first response went right over your head, let me try this:

you MAY BE on to something, there, Stees

ya diggin' me now, good buddy?
Oh I got it because it wasn’t that far above my head.πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
39d

@Torunn said
There are many studies on use of alcohol on a regular basis or infrequent - and I would guess that drinking alcohol can never be healthy. I have a glass of wine every day but not for health reasons but it tastes nice with food and it makes me feel a bit more comfortable.
I have heard this from older acquaintances who say the alcohol tends to moderate the aches and pains they've accumulated through life. I have one friend who has suffered with fibromyalgia for most of her adult life, and she's of the opinion that one drink a day helps take the edge off that near-constant pain.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
39d

@Suzianne said
I have heard this from older acquaintances who say the alcohol tends to moderate the aches and pains they've accumulated through life. I have one friend who has suffered with fibromyalgia for most of her adult life, and she's of the opinion that one drink a day helps take the edge off that near-constant pain.
Back in 1972 I helped on an orthopaedic ward where an older man, a man with diabetes, was recovering from a thigh amputation of his leg to, which had started with a foot infection. He received a small glass of whiskey off the drug trolley every afternoon.
I’m a right wimp when it comes to pain. I’d go for lots of alcohol and drugs I think.

Moves
39d

@Drewnogal said
Back in 1972 I helped on an orthopaedic ward where an older man, a man with diabetes, was recovering from a thigh amputation of his leg to, which had started with a foot infection. He received a small glass of whiskey off the drug trolley every afternoon.
I’m a right wimp when it comes to pain. I’d go for lots of alcohol and drugs I think.
Hmmm. Lots of alcohol and drugs sounds, to me, like a recipe for…a hang over.πŸ˜²πŸ€”

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
39d

@Drewnogal said
I doubt that many hospitals would give out whiskey these days...

Gothenburg

Moves
38d

@Drewnogal said
After my knee surgery, during the 10 days of morphine prescription morning and evening, I had small cinnamon buns that I nibbled when the effects of the morphine began to wear off - to keep the anxiety away. After two weeks, no pain at all.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
38d

@Torunn said
After my knee surgery, during the 10 days of morphine prescription morning and evening, I had small cinnamon buns that I nibbled when the effects of the morphine began to wear off - to keep the anxiety away. After two weeks, no pain at all.
That was good. I’ve never heard of common helping in that way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.