"an ancient dilemma..."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Jun 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Time" represents language of accommodation. The Unit of Measure of Eternity is neither "Time", nor an Approximation or Derivative of "Time". There is No Unit of "Time" in Eternity, except The Eternal and Immutable Attributes of God. (gb)
You really need to find a neater way of quoting people.
Try at least bolding quoted text or something to make your reply stand out.

Anyhow...

Your response is incoherent gibberish.
Literally what you just said makes no sense.

Eternity is just an infinite period of time.
If something lasts for eternity it just means it goes on forever without end.

However time is still countable, still measurable.

Time is a dimension that we can detect and measure.

Just using wibbly woo language doesn't get you out of this.

All you are doing is demonstrating that you have no clue what you are talking
about and are just making up nonsense as a smokescreen.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge

Anyhow...

If something lasts for eternity it just means it goes on forever withou you have no clue what you are talking
We may not be able to count time or even want to, for there will be a new heaven and a new earth according to the Holy Bible. I know the prophecies written in the books of Isaiah and Revelation are not easy to understand, but it appears to me that the sun and the moon are not going to work as they do today. So how are we to count time if the following takes place?

“The sun shall no longer be your light by day,
Nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you;
But the Lord will be to you an everlasting light,
And your God your glory.
Your sun shall no longer go down,
Nor shall your moon withdraw itself;
For the Lord will be your everlasting light,
And the days of your mourning shall be ended."

(Isaiah 60:19-20 NKJV)

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

(Revelation 21:1-8 NKJV)

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light.

(Revelation 22:1-5 NKJV)

The Instructor

L

Moves
24 Jun 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Come on, say it a third time, even after being proven wrong before saying it the second time. Come on, say it!

Wuss.
My goodness. Get a grip. I realize that you find it outrageous that a poster like twhitehead would...gasp...ask for clarification in a thread, but you'll just have to deal with it. You're starting to remind me of knightmeister with his ThinkOfOne tailspin.

ENGLAND

Moves
24 Jun 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Chalk up another one who "gets it".

See, it really isn't so damn hard to figure out.
Actually I didn't get it.

But then I am of limited understanding, blinded by the nothingness of my self-certified posts and controlled by Satan. What chance did I have really.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jun 13
1 edit

Anyhow...

If something lasts for eternity it just means it goes on forever with you have no clue what you are talking
God: Eternity Past) ------------------------> [time/human history] ------------------------> (God: Eternity Future

Moves
25 Jun 13

[b]God: Eternity Past) ------------------------> [time/human history] ------------------------> (God: Eternity Future[/b]
That does absolutely nothing to refute or even rebut my post.

All you just said is that their was an eternity of time before we existed,
a brief time when we did exist, and then an eternity afterwards.

Nothing that says that those eternities are not countable.

In fact for time to be passing it must in fact be measurable.

So unless your "eternity with god" is static and unchanging then
time must be passing in which case my post stands and you have
to explain to me where and how I (or anyone else) could possibly
be kept happy and sane for 3^^^3 years.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jun 13
2 edits

That does absolutely nothing to refute or even rebut my post.

All you just said is that their was an eternity of time before we existed,
a brief time when we did exist, and then an eternity afterwards.

Nothing that says that those eternities are not countable.

In fact for time to be passing it must in fact be measurable.

So unless your "ete o me where and how I (or anyone else) could possibly
be kept happy and sane for 3^^^3 years.
"In fact for time to be passing it must in fact be measurable." (gf) | Time is measurable. Eternity isn't. We haven't a clue about any of the 'dimensions' of eternity. "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8 KJV

Note: "... how I (or anyone else) could possibly be kept happy and sane for 3^^^3 years" < With God, all things are possible; even keeping googlefudge happy and sane for 3^^^3 +++ years, if googlefudge gives him the opportunity to do so...

Cape Town

Moves
25 Jun 13

Note: "... how I (or anyone else) could possibly be kept happy and sane for 3^^^3 years" < With God, all things are possible; even keeping googlefudge happy and sane for 3^^^3 +++ years, if googlefudge gives him the opportunity to do so...
Odd then that he has such trouble keeping us happy for our short lifetimes on this earth.

Moves
25 Jun 13

"In fact for time to be passing it must in fact be measurable." (gf) | Time is measurable. Eternity isn't. We haven't a clue about any of the 'dimensions' of eternity. "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8 KJV

Note: "... how I (or anyo ...[text shortened]... ppy and sane for 3^^^3 +++ years, if googlefudge gives him the opportunity to do so...
Time is measurable. Eternity isn't. We haven't a clue about any of the 'dimensions' of eternity.

If you don't have a clue about it how do you know it can't be measured?

You are just asserting that about which you admit to having no clue.

Eternity is simply time going on for ever and it's eminently countable.

With God, all things are possible; even keeping googlefudge happy and sane for
3^^^3 +++ years, if googlefudge gives him the opportunity to do so...

Again you are asserting it's possible.

I ask how.

You asserting that your god has this ability when you can't even demonstrate that your
god exists means nothing.

For me to even consider heaven as a desirable place to be for eternity I have to believe
it's possible to enjoy anything for eternity.

And a good way of focusing the mind on that is to ask what or who could possibly keep
me happy and sane for 3^^^3 years.

If you can't answer that question with details then you cannot convince me (or any other
reasonable person) that an eternity anywhere is desirable.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jun 13

Time is measurable. Eternity isn't. We haven't a clue about any of the 'dimensions' of eternity.

If you don't have a clue about it how do you know it can't be measured?

You are just asserting that about which you admit to having no clue.

Eternity is simply time going on for ever and it's eminently countable.

[quote] Wi ...[text shortened]... onvince me (or any other
reasonable person) that an eternity anywhere is desirable.
"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8 KJV

Moves
25 Jun 13

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8 KJV
Before I give a damn what it says in the bible you must first convince me that
what it says is true and accurate.

This is problematic as that first requires demonstrating the existence of souls,
the afterlife, and your god.

If the bible is all you have then you have nothing.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Jun 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Odd then that he has such trouble keeping us happy for our short lifetimes on this earth.
Please see thread titled, "You Are What You Think". Thanks.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 13

Before I give a damn what it says in the bible you must first convince me that
what it says is true and accurate.

This is problematic as that first requires demonstrating the existence of souls,
the afterlife, and your god.

If the bible is all you have then you have nothing.
"If the bible is all you have then you have nothing." (gf)

... and what does googlefudge have?

P

Moves
26 Jun 13

Googlefudge, being the one not making the extra-ordinary claim, does not need to have anything really.

--- Penguin

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
26 Jun 13

Originally posted by Penguin
Googlefudge, being the one [b]not making the extra-ordinary claim, does not need to have anything really.

--- Penguin[/b]
Thank you, Penguin.