"an ancient dilemma..."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
... as do I. "
However the fact that people (by no means just me) keep asking you for clarification would suggest that you are not succeeding.

I will not presume to say try harder as I have no idea how hard you are presently trying.

But might I suggest "try differently".

Whatever it is you are currently doing doesn't seem to be working.

A different approach might then seem to be in order.

A start might be if you could clarify this...

" "... what prevents the other two logical possibilities that I presented: - A temporary relationship" [God and His work reflect flawless perfection. He created human beings with the self awareness, personality and self determination; characteristics He possess. Anyone promoting the notion of Disposable Souls fails to grasp the Immensity of His Omniscience; Omnipotence; Sovereignty; Justice; Veracity; and Immutability Attributes.] - "Multiple temporary relationships" [In context, redundant.]"

As I still don't know what you were trying to say.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jun 13

Originally posted by googlefudge

However the fact that people (by no means just me) keep asking you for clarification would suggest that you are not succeeding.

I will not presume to say try harder as I have no idea how hard you are presently trying.

But might I suggest "try differently".

Whatever it is you are currently doing doesn't seem to be working.

A different ap ...[text shortened]... " [In context, redundant.]" [/quote]

As I still don't know what you were trying to say.
"However the fact that people (by no means just me) keep asking you for clarification would suggest that you are not succeeding." (gf) | ... lack of frame of reference with any topic or realm nullifies understanding until it's acquired. (gb)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Jun 13
1 edit

"... what prevents the other two logical possibilities that I presented:

- A temporary relationship" (gf)

1) God & His work are the epitome of flawless perfection. 2) He created human beings with self awareness, unique personality, volition and self determination. 3) He Himself possesses these selfsame characteristics. 4) The frivolous notion of Disposable Souls is preposterous: it fails to grasp the Awesome Grandeur of His Person. 5) Perfection doesn't make errors in either planning or execution. 6) By definition, Perfection doesn't require mock ups, subsequent improvement or upgrades. 7) His Unique Eternal Attributes include Omniscience; Omnipotence; Sovereignty; Justice; Veracity; and Immutability. (gb)

- "Multiple temporary relationships" (gf) Please see reply above. Hope this helps. (gb)

Moves
29 Jun 13

"However the fact that people (by no means just me) keep asking you for clarification would suggest that you are not succeeding." (gf) | ... lack of frame of reference with any topic or realm nullifies understanding until it's acquired. (gb)
Could you please do me the curtsey of bothering to write complete sentences rather than disjointed fragments.

Nobody is charging you by the word.

Of course for two people to understand one another they need a common frame of reference.

Where this is lacking that common frame of reference needs to be created.

That is not achieved by being intentionally cryptic and/or uncooperative as you are currently being.

Moves
29 Jun 13

1) God & His work are the epitome of flawless perfection. 2) He created human beings with self awareness, unique personality, volition and self determination. 3) He Himself possesses these selfsame characteristics. 4) The frivolous noti ...[text shortened]... ultiple temporary relationships" (gf) Please see reply above. Hope this helps. (gb)
I will do a longer response tomorrow... But I wanted to remind you that it was Penguin not me who asked the question.

I also am interested in the answer, but you should be quoting and addressing Penguin and not me.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jun 13

Originally posted by googlefudge
I will do a longer response tomorrow... But I wanted to remind you that it was Penguin not me who asked the question.

I also am interested in the answer, but you should be quoting and addressing Penguin and not me.
Your Double Teaming was effective. I'm pleased you both decided the topic was worthy of sustained conversation. Thanks.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jun 13

Your Double Teaming was effective. I'm pleased you both decided the topic was worthy of sustained conversation. Thanks.
Odd then that you apparently don't think its worth yourself actually partaking in the conversation. As always, you start a conversation, then do your best not to converse.
Many of us find the topics you raise interesting, then you confound us with your deliberate obstructionism. I guess you could be just a troll getting some sort of amusement out of all this.

P

Moves
30 Jun 13

1) God & His work are the epitome of flawless perfection. 2) He created human beings with self awareness, unique personality, volition and self determination. 3) He Himself possesses these selfsame characteristics. 4) The frivolous noti ...[text shortened]... ultiple temporary relationships" (gf) Please see reply above. Hope this helps. (gb)
1) I don't see how the degree of perfection of either party in the relationship makes any difference to the logical possibilities for the duration and number of the relationships.

2) and 3) People with unique personalities do not tend to get on perfectly, even during our short time on Earth. We need our own space. And how unique each party is also places no logical restriction on the number and duration of relationships.

4) I am not proposing disposable souls

5) Irrelevant

6) Irrelevant

7) Irrelevant

--- Penguin.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jun 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Odd then that you apparently don't think its worth yourself actually partaking in the conversation. As always, you start a conversation, then do your best not to converse.
Many of us find the topics you raise interesting, then you confound us with your deliberate obstructionism. I guess you could be just a troll getting some sort of amusement out of all this.
The only issue is the eternal destiny of your soul.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Penguin
1) I don't see how the degree of perfection of either party in the relationship makes any difference to the logical possibilities for the duration and number of the relationships.

2) and 3) People with unique personalities do not tend to get on perfectly, even during our short time on Earth. We need our own space. And how unique each party is also places ...[text shortened]... t proposing disposable souls

5) Irrelevant

6) Irrelevant

7) Irrelevant

--- Penguin.
Eternity Past) [o-------------- o, o, o, o, o, o etc. = Many Horizontal Relationships in Time]

Eternity Past) [o--------------------------------o|o = One Vertical Relationship in Time and (Eternity Future......

P

Moves
30 Jun 13
1 edit

Eternity Past) [o-------------- o, o, o, o, o, o etc. = Many Horizontal Relationships in Time]

Eternity Past) [o--------------------------------o|o = One Vertical Relationship in Time and (Eternity Future......
Are you agreeing with me here or just defining these other two possibilities? I am finding hard to see an unambiguous message in your schematic. What is the difference between a horizontal relationship in time and a vertical one?

For clarity, I am suggesting this, where 'O' means 'in a relationship with' and '-' mean separated from.

Single temporary relationship:
-----------OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO------------ with [-] continuing for eternity.

Multiple temporary relationships:
---OOO-----------------OO--OOOOOOOOOO---------OOOO---OOOOOOOO with interleaved periods of [-] and [O] continuing for eternity.

Interestingly, because of the nature of infinities, the multiple temporary relationships option above still actually spend an infinite amount of time in a relationship with this being, as well as an infinite amount of time separated.

I still don't think you have explained why is it reasonable to expect these two options to not be possible.

--- Penguin.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Penguin
Are you agreeing with me here or just defining these other two possibilities? I am finding hard to see an unambiguous message in your schematic. What is the difference between a horizontal relationship in time and a vertical one?

For clarity, I am suggesting this, where 'O' means 'in a relationship with' and '-' mean separated from.

Single temporary r ined why is it reasonable to expect these two options to not be possible.

--- Penguin.
"What is the difference between a horizontal relationship in time and a vertical one?" (--- Penguin)

* One is temporary, transient, finite and temporal: [o---/] and leaves the ultimate questions unanswered: ¿

* One is permanent, infinite/spiritual: ) [o | ( o----> and answers the ultimate questions emphatically: !!!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jun 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
My apology for the thread and its author's shortcomings. Bob

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jun 13

The only issue is the eternal destiny of your soul.
And your point is?
You won't discuss things because they are not relevant to the eternal destiny of my soul? If so, then why bother starting the conversations?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
30 Jun 13

[b]"an ancient dilemma..."

Let's say there's an ancient dilemma facing us all in present time. If there is an alive and powerful, eternal entity who/which has offered each of us the unearned and undeserved gift of permanent relationship which we individually reject [and repeatedly reject], isn't it reasonable to expect eternal separation as the only viable alternative? Your comments. (gb)[/b]
The only viable alternative to separation is to force the rejector to have eternal life.

That way they could live with aging and disease and sin forever, and maybe then they would ask nicely to be forgiven.