JW Question

JW Question

Spirituality

F

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
If they tell themselves it is "self-sacrifice" and they are,
i think that is probably the last thing they are telling themselves! speaking frankly Mr Shankly! In fact in fifteen or more years as a voluntary worker I cannot say that the thought has ever crossed my mind, indeed, concern for others is paramount and practically prevents it, regardless of what you are trying to insinuate to the contrary.
Make up your mind. You're just having told me over and over again that you see voluntary worlk as a personal "sacrifice" and as "the equivalent of blood sacrifice" because the Bible tells you so and because you are a Christian. And now you're suddenly saying "the thought has ever crossed [your] mind". You have been absolutely candid about it robbie. There is no 'insinuation' by me in play here.

F

Moves
08 Dec 11

In fact in fifteen or more years as a voluntary worker I cannot say that the
thought [that it is a "sacrifice"] has ever crossed my mind [...]
Oh?

[3 pages ago...] any unpaid voluntary work is a sacrifice of time and effort and yes it is the spiritual equivalent of a blood sacrifice, if you knew anything about the Bible you would know that, but i forget that at times I am dealing with ignorance [...] [2 pages ago...] all i have in fact stated that a Christian views his as a sacrifice, indeed, if you knew anything about the Bible this would be evident, but you dont, therefore, that is why, you need, in order to find some pretence of argument, make these ludicrous assertions.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
Oh?

[b] [3 pages ago...] any unpaid voluntary work is a sacrifice of time and effort and yes it is the spiritual equivalent of a blood sacrifice, if you knew anything about the Bible you would know that, but i forget that at times I am dealing with ignorance [...] [2 pages ago...] all i have in fact stated that a C ...[text shortened]... why, you need, in order to find some pretence of argument, make these ludicrous assertions.
[/b]
Rob, i'll get back to your post regarding laws and principles tomorrow.

I can hardly see how going 'door to door' evangelising is a sacrifice?! That's a basic requirement that every JW has to do is it not? Your organisation believes that only it's members will survive the Great Tribulation, so i can hardly see how fulfilling a requirement to belong to an organisation which will make you live in an earthly paradise a 'sacrifice'?

rc

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
Make up your mind. You're just having told me over and over again that you see voluntary worlk as a personal "sacrifice" and as "the equivalent of blood sacrifice" because the Bible tells you so and because you are a Christian. And now you're suddenly saying "the thought has ever crossed [your] mind". You have been absolutely candid about it robbie. There is no 'insinuation' by me in play here.
are you actually trying to assert that we engage in a public ministry because we think
its the equivalent of a blood sacrifice, do you know how deviod of reality that sounds?
we engage in a public ministry to help people apply Biblical principles, that fact that it is
also in a spiritual sense the equivalent of a sacrifice is neither here nor there, but as
you have never engaged in it, and have no experience of it, you can hardly be blamed
for thinking in the distorted way that you do, can you, its simply a kind of expression of
ignorance, no offence intended.

rc

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Rob, i'll get back to your post regarding laws and principles tomorrow.

I can hardly see how going 'door to door' evangelising is a sacrifice?! That's a basic requirement that every JW has to do is it not? Your organisation believes that only it's members will survive the Great Tribulation, so i can hardly see how fulfilling a requirement to belong to an organisation which will make you live in an earthly paradise a 'sacrifice'?
I can hardly see how going 'door to door' evangelising is a sacrifice?!

once again, i did not write the Bible, Paul clearly equates, in a spiritual sense, the
deceleration of faith, that is, a public ministry with sacrifice. Again, i did not write the
Bible, never the less, it is clear that it is a sacrifice of time and expenditure.

rc

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
Oh?

[b] [3 pages ago...] any unpaid voluntary work is a sacrifice of time and effort and yes it is the spiritual equivalent of a blood sacrifice, if you knew anything about the Bible you would know that, but i forget that at times I am dealing with ignorance [...] [2 pages ago...] all i have in fact stated that a C ...[text shortened]... why, you need, in order to find some pretence of argument, make these ludicrous assertions.
[/b]
yes, oh!

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
08 Dec 11

its already been answered in detail with discussion with FMF, i cannot comment upon
individual cases with vague generalities and in terms of whether a person will remain a
witness or not for accepting a blood transfusion, we do not accept blood transfusions,
why this is so hard for you to grasp,. i cannot say. If you have any further queries as
to the beliefs of Jehovahs witnesses you may go to

watchtower.org
So - you cannot comment on an individual case nor a generalisation; not much clarity considering it's a life of death scenario and one which could determine my membership of the JW organisation or indeed the after-life potentially!

I admire your commitment robbie; but I really despise the organisational dogma that drives this scripturally extreme and life threatening control of the laity.

rc

Moves
08 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
So - you cannot comment on an individual case nor a generalisation; not much clarity considering it's a life of death scenario and one which could determine my membership of the JW organisation or indeed the after-life potentially!

I admire your commitment robbie; but I really despise the organisational dogma that drives this scripturally extreme and life threatening control of the laity.
you are free to despise as you wish, many persons have been willing to die for
principles that they held dearer than life itself, there was this one guy i heard of, Jesus
was his name, he did it. We have no clergy, there is no clergy laity distinction, all are
brothers and sisters.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
08 Dec 11
1 edit

I can hardly see how going 'door to door' evangelising is a sacrifice?!

Would it, per chance, be a money earner?

I teach 2 Japanese children, who's parents are JW's from Japan, alledgedly promoting JW in Thailand. They happen to be sending their kids to a very very expensive school in Thailand. We know the areas they hit, knock on doors, and get donations, as they act of God lovers and needy.

If this is a case proven, and we are acting upon it, it certainly wouldn't have been a sacrifice. 😉

-m.

rc

Moves
08 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by mikelom
Would it, per chance, be a money earner?

I teach 2 Japanese children, who's parents are JW's from Japan, alledgedly promoting JW in Thailand. They happen to be sending their kids to a very very expensive school in Thailand. We know the areas they hit, knock on doors, and get donations, as they act of God lovers and needy.

If this is a case proven, and we are acting upon it, it certainly wouldn't have been a sacrifice. 😉

-m.
sigh, it could also be that their parents have good jobs did the thought ever cross your
mind, and btw its illegal to solicit for funds at doors at least in the UK i believe, our
literature is offered free of charge, making your assertion rather untenable to say the
least, if someone wishes to offer a donation, one can hardly stop them. Goodness
sake its goes from bad to worse, no wonder the Gman done a runner, its enough to
make you want to tear the bum oot yer troosers!

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
08 Dec 11

sigh, it could also be that their parents have good jobs did the thought ever cross your
mind, and btw its illegal to solicit for funds at doors at least in the UK i believe, our
literature is offered free of charge, making your assertion rather untenable to say the
least, if someone wishes to offer a donation, one can hardly stop them. Goodne ...[text shortened]... o wonder the Gman done a runner, its enough to
make you want to tear the bum oot yer troosers!
They are under investigation, and they have no jobs apart from soliciting money for the word of a God.

In the UK my experience alone has been one of this watchtower will cost you 50p, or the equivalent 20 years ago.

Don't tell me you've neve taken a 'donation' for a WT book on a Sunday morning!

Don't lie.

-m.

rc

Moves
08 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by mikelom
They are under investigation, and they have no jobs apart from soliciting money for the word of a God.

In the UK my experience alone has been one of this watchtower will cost you 50p, or the equivalent 20 years ago.

Don't tell me you've neve taken a 'donation' for a WT book on a Sunday morning!

Don't lie.

-m.
for goodness sake, your ignorance is acutely obvious, there is no charge for
literature nor can i remember the last time i was offered a donation for it, but of
course, your vastly superior knowledge and experience in the matter supersedes
mine, do you usually proffer an opinion of what you know practically nothing about?

The sale of Jehovah's Witnesses' literature was gradually phased out in other
countries, and The Watchtower has been distributed free of charge worldwide since
January 2000, its printing being funded by voluntary donations from Jehovah's
Witnesses and members of the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Watchtower

suck it up and next time, try exercising some restraint with the keyboard before you
post, you'll save me the bother of having to deal with your ignorance, As for your
assertion of lying, i think we both know you haven't got any idea of what you are
talking about, so just for both our sakes, just zip the lip, honestly, do yourself a
favour

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
08 Dec 11
2 edits

you are free to despise as you wish, many persons have been willing to die for
principles that they held dearer than life itself, there was this one guy i heard of, Jesus
was his name, he did it. We have no clergy, there is no clergy laity distinction, all are
brothers and sisters.
Well steak still has blood in it you silly person - and letting someone die through lack of a blood transfusion is murder.

I'll have mine very bloody please..

rc

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Well steak still has blood in it you silly person - and letting someone die through lack of a blood transfusion is murder.

I'll have mine very bloody please..
what is the purpose of this text, does it increase my understanding of anything, no, its
simply more spam, take it to general spammy!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
08 Dec 11

for goodness sake, your ignorance is acutely obvious, there is no charge for
literature nor can i remember the last time i was offered a donation for it, but of
course, your vastly superior knowledge and experience in the matter supersedes
mine, do you usually proffer an opinion of what you know practically nothing about?

The sale of Jehova ...[text shortened]... lking about, so just for both our sakes, just zip the lip, honestly, do yourself a
favour
The sale of Jehovah's Witnesses' literature was gradually phased out in other
countries, and The Watchtower has been distributed free of charge worldwide since
January 2000, its printing being funded by voluntary donations from Jehovah's
Witnesses and members of the public.

Save the trees!
by charging for it again

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.