Misc. Hell Responses

Misc. Hell Responses

Spirituality

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Why you Christians who believe in the teaching of eternal suffering have abandoned your moral compass:

Tell me, is it morally acceptable for ISIS to burn people alive for what they do or do not believe? Yes or no?

Obviously no. OBVIOUSLY NO!

But if your version of God does something even worse by not only burning them but also keeping them aliv ...[text shortened]...
Moral abandonment. It is thinking like this that causes much of shlt that goes on in the world.
The more you think and act along the lines of being merciful to others, the more likely you are to receive mercy from Christ when you stand before Him.

Some of these Christians believe, think, preach, relish, enjoy the whole idea of eternal torment for non-Christians. This belief represents the most horrendous interpretation of what the Bible says. It is entirely possible to interpret the Bible so that a more merciful, forgiving, understanding and fair-minded God emerges. But they are happy believing others will be tormented forever while thy will live in eternal bliss with God... clearly they lack mercy.

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth but they wont be all atheists.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
The more you think and act along the lines of being merciful to others, the more likely you are to receive mercy from Christ when you stand before Him.

Some of these Christians believe, think, preach, relish, enjoy the whole idea of eternal torment for non-Christians. This belief represents the most horrendous interpretation of what the Bible says. It is ...[text shortened]... y they lack mercy.

The other day you did call another poster a derogatory name that you had to code in with punctuations so that the language filter would not delete you post.

Maybe you might think of the lack of mercy in your cursing at that poster and even ask his forgiveness.

Just a thought. You might ... demonstrate your more sensitive feeling of mercy, compared to all those unmerciful Christians you warn us about.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by sonship
The other day you did call another poster a derogatory name that you had to code in with punctuations so that the language filter would not delete you post.

Maybe you might think of the lack of mercy in your cursing at that poster and even ask his forgiveness.

Just a thought. You might ... demonstrate your more sensitive feeling of mercy, compared to all those unmerciful Christians you warn us about.
You really think that me calling someone an @$$ or whatever it was I said,

EQUATES WITH

You being happy that many billions will be tormented in hell fire because it makes you sleep better at night?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Jul 15

I don't believe in eternal torment. Most Christians do, but it does not change the truth.
So why do I sense so much anger here? Let them believe what they want, they will find out the truth sooner or later. I don't get upset with many of the doctrines out there. What is the point?
To lose your peace over some of this reasoning is silly. What do you care what some of these posters think about you? Be concerned with what God thinks about you.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Jul 15

Why you Christians who believe in the teaching of eternal suffering have abandoned your moral compass:

Tell me, is it morally acceptable for ISIS to burn people alive for what they do or do not believe? Yes or no?

Obviously no. OBVIOUSLY NO!

But if your version of God does something even worse by not only burning them but also keeping them aliv ...[text shortened]...
Moral abandonment. It is thinking like this that causes much of shlt that goes on in the world.
Whose moral compass are you talking about? Yours, ours or Gods?

There can be as many personal moral compasses as there are people. Implying yours is the most accurate and reliable isn't necessarily apparent to anyone who believes the same of their own.

Mutara Nebula

Moves
17 Jul 15

Some of these Christians believe, think, preach, relish, enjoy the whole idea of eternal torment for non-Christians. This belief represents the most horrendous interpretation of what the Bible says. It is ...[text shortened]... y they lack mercy.

Every so often I agree with you so much, I could have written the post myself!

Mutara Nebula

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by sonship

I know you mean well but you are confusing strong words with a lack of compassion, mercy or love. I tell you sonship, I would give you, Hinds, Carrobie, GB or any of you, the shirt off my back if I knew you needed it.

Mutara Nebula

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

EQUATES WITH

You being happy that many billions will be tormented in hell fire because it makes you sleep better at night?
It's astonishing is isn't. I watched the original Matrix again the other day and it reminded me of how "plugged into" the systemic thinking some people are.

Mutara Nebula

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I don't believe in eternal torment. Most Christians do, but it does not change the truth.
So why do I sense so much anger here? Let them believe what they want, they will find out the truth sooner or later. I don't get upset with many of the doctrines out there. What is the point?
To lose your peace over some of this reasoning is silly. What do you care what some of these posters think about you? Be concerned with what God thinks about you.
Good words. :-)

I like all you guys. I can't say "love" because that's a bit gay and God hates gays...

oops...

Mutara Nebula

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
Whose moral compass are you talking about? Yours, ours or Gods?

There can be as many [b]personal
moral compasses as there are people. Implying yours is the most accurate and reliable isn't necessarily apparent to anyone who believes the same of their own.[/b]
Well let's test yours shall we.

Is ISIS burning people alive because of what they do or don't believe, immoral or not?

I say it is immoral, if you agree then our moral compasses are calibrated in order to discuss the topic "burning people"

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jul 15

Every so often I agree with you so much, I could have written the post myself!
1 in every 100 ?😀

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jul 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Thats true. But I think we are doing those Christians a favour if we/you drag them out of that doctrine.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Jul 15

It's astonishing is isn't. I watched the original Matrix again the other day and it reminded me of how "plugged into" the systemic thinking some people are.
Its tragic.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Jul 15
1 edit

EQUATES WITH

Here we go again. Could you QUOTE me where I used the word "happy" in connection with my belief in God's dealing with the lost ?

Please cut and paste the paragraph in which I said I was "happy" concerning this.

I am very happy that Satan and the fallen angels and the demons are going to be tormented forever. I am not happy that unbelieving human beings will follow him to his miserable destiny.

If you can prove that I stated I was happy about anyone being not having their name written in the book of life, quote me.

If you can't quote me, then I suggest you retract your accusation.
Excuse me though if I don't hold my breath in waiting for that.

In the meantime, expound to me out of your wisdom Matt. 5:21-25 about calling your fellow man names which amount to diminishing his dignity.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Jul 15
2 edits

Well let's test yours shall we.

Is ISIS burning people alive because of what they do or don't believe, immoral or not?

I say it is immoral, if you agree then our moral compasses are calibrated in order to discuss the topic "burning people"
A moral compass is called a 'compass' because it points in one direction. So if 10 people are standing in a field holding a compass, in how many different directions do you think those needles might be pointing? 10 different directions? Or maybe two of them are pointing in the same direction, so perhaps 9 different directions? What would be your guess?

God determines where a moral compass will point just like magnetic north determines where the needle of a compass will point. So talking about 'my' moral compass or 'your' moral compass as though we are the ones who determine the direction makes absolutely no sense.

Why are you so keen to keep God out of this? Do you think it's none of his business?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.