Misc. Hell Responses

Spirituality

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I don't believe in eternal torment. Most Christians do, but it does not change the truth.
So why do I sense so much anger here? Let them believe what they want, they will find out the truth sooner or later. I don't get upset with many of the doctrines out there. What is the point?
To lose your peace over some of this reasoning is silly. What do you care what some of these posters think about you? Be concerned with what God thinks about you.
Just so I know, do you believe in eternal mercy, grace, love from God? If you say yes, why
do you think that God's wrath would not be as terrible as His mercy, grace, and love would
be good?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jul 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
Just so I know, do you believe in eternal mercy, grace, love from God? If you say yes, why
do you think that God's wrath would not be as terrible as His mercy, grace, and love would
be good?
Yes to the first part.
His wrath is terrible enough as it is mentioned in the book of Revelations.
I think people mistake the traditional teaching with what the bible says.
Firstly, God is love, merciful and kind. How could a loving, merciful and kind God fit with eternal torment and pain and agony?
It just does not fit his character. Someone is interpreting the bible incorrectly, because I know that the goodness of God is bigger than eternal vengeance. I believe people will indeed be cast in a lake of fire, but they will burn up and cease to exist.
That is what I believe the bible teaches.
John 3:16 says they will perish. To me, that means to be no more.
In 1st John it says he that has the Son has life, he that does not have the Son has not life. Wouldn't you need life to burn forever?
Doesn't the Old Testament say that even Satan will be brought to ashes?
Does not the bible say,,,,,,Ps 57:10
For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens,
NKJV
It just does not jive with His Character.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jul 15
2 edits

Yes to the first part.
Firstly, God is love, merciful and kind. How could a loving, merciful and kind God fit with eternal torment and pain and agony?
It just does not fit his character. Someone is in ...[text shortened]... 57:10
NKJV
From the Revelation of Christ Jesus as recorded by John
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever . . . Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

(Revelation 20:10, 14-15 NASB)
. . . and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.

(Revelation 14:10-11 NASB)

And from the sayings of Jesus in the gospels:
"If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire, where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED."

(Mark 9:43-44 NASB)
"Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels . . . . These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

(Matthew 25:41, 46 NASB)

If you don't believe what Jesus said about a place of eternal punishment and torment, then do you also not believe what He said about a place of eternal life of happiness and love?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Jul 15

Yes to the first part.
It just does not fit his character. Someone is in ...[text shortened]... 57:10
NKJV
Well I get His mercy is forever, I'm not sure why you can look at Him not mixing in any
wrath into His mercy which lasts forever, but when it comes to His wrath that He'd mix
in mercy to it. I don't see any words in scripture that suggests His wrath would only last
till everyone ceases to exist, for me that is adding to text not reading it as is. Granted it is
something that doesn't sit well with me or anyone, but that said when God wrath is full on
display why would He mix in mercy? Scripture isn't true or not true just because I like or
dislike it.

Mutara Nebula

Moves
18 Jul 15
2 edits

Originally posted by lemon lime
A moral compass is called a 'compass' because it points in one direction. So if 10 people are standing in a field holding a compass, in how many different directions do you think those needles might be pointing? 10 different directions? Or maybe two of them are pointing in the same direction, so perhaps 9 different directions? What would be your guess?
...[text shortened]... o sense.

Why are you so keen to keep God out of this? Do you think it's none of his business?
Why are you reluctant to answer questions lemon lime?

Do you believe in eternal suffering - unanswered

Are you a trinitarian (a page or so ago) no response

So you think burning people alive because of what they do or don't believe - no response

It pointless talking to you; you seem to think you are being cleaver by not committing.

Mutara Nebula

Moves
18 Jul 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
Well I get His mercy is forever, I'm not sure why you can look at Him not mixing in any
wrath into His mercy which lasts forever, but when it comes to His wrath that He'd mix
in mercy to it. I don't see any words in scripture that suggests His wrath would only last
till everyone ceases to exist, for me that is adding to text not reading it as is. Grante ...[text shortened]... why would He mix in mercy? Scripture isn't true or not true just because I like or
dislike it.
You are a master of deliberately missing the point and being vague.

The point is that your interpretation of scripture is wrong and rather than consider you might be wrong, you would rather accept this disgusting lie about God. This lie is from the pit. It is pride and arrogance that does this.

That is the point.

Mutara Nebula

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]From the Revelation of Christ Jesus as recorded by John
[quote]And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever . . . Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake ...[text shortened]... en do you also not believe what He said about a place of eternal life of happiness and love?[/b][/b]
. . . and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.

There's those spectators in hell again

Mutara Nebula

Moves
18 Jul 15

If you don't believe what Jesus said about a place of eternal punishment and torment, then do you also not believe what He said about a place of eternal life of happiness and love?
More classic KellyJay style missing of the point.

Jesus said their would be one of these:

http://www.biblebookofrevelation.com/simages/TheGreatWhore.jpg

Do you believe him?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Why are you reluctant to answer questions lemon lime?

Do you believe in eternal suffering - unanswered

Are you a trinitarian (a page or so ago) no response

So you think burning people alive because of what they do or don't believe - no response

It pointless talking to you; you seem to think you are being cleaver by not committing.
If it's pointless talking to me then why do you continue talking to me?

And I believe you meant to say 'clever', not 'cleaver'... but perhaps this is another one of your Freudian slips, because you are now fantasizing about cutting me up and tossing the pieces into hell?

Could it be that your subconscious mind is trying to tell me something your conscious mind isn't willing to reveal? 😲

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

More classic KellyJay style missing of the point.

Jesus said their would be one of these:

http://www.biblebookofrevelation.com/simages/TheGreatWhore.jpg

Do you believe him?
Yes, I believe the teachings of Christ Jesus. One who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ is a definition of a Christian.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/christian

Mutara Nebula

Moves
18 Jul 15
1 edit

If it's pointless talking to me then why do you continue talking to me?

And I believe you meant to say 'clever', not 'cleaver'... but perhaps this is another one of your Freudian slips, because you are now fantasizing about cutting me up and tossing the pieces into hell?

Could it be that your subconscious mind is trying to tell me something your conscious mind isn't willing to reveal? 😲
I'm talking to you because I think it is the height of rudeness and poor forum ettiquete to ignore regular posters.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Jul 15

I'm taking to you because I think it is the height of rudeness and poor forum ettiquete to ignore regular posters.
https://gamerblogtv.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/screen-capture-6.png

Mutara Nebula

Moves
18 Jul 15

Yes, I believe the teachings of Christ Jesus. One who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ is a definition of a Christian.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/christian
You believe there will be an actual creature like the one in the picture I linked??

Mutara Nebula

Moves
18 Jul 15

https://gamerblogtv.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/screen-capture-6.png
I don't look at any of your links though. I just don't find you interesting or funny enough to bother. But I am prepared to discuss these topics you keep avoiding and I enjoy making you avoid them. 🙂

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Jul 15

I don't look at any of your links though. I just don't find you interesting or funny enough to bother. But I am prepared to discuss these topics you keep avoiding and I enjoy making you avoid them. 🙂
http://blog.timesunion.com/parenting/files/2011/07/Fotolia_6214851_Subscription_L.jpg

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.