RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
26 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
[b]Will do without prodding in my own good time. By the way, the adjective "valued" doesn't appear in the original post.
Attention to objectively correct but irrelevant detail noted.

What is also interesting is your apparent inability to coalesce what you have actually learnt from one of these other posters in your OP whom you seem to care so much about.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Attention to objectively correct but irrelevant detail noted.

What is also interesting is your apparent inability to coalesce what you have actually learnt from one of these other posters in your OP whom you seem to care so much about.
We all have our marks of incorrectness, peccadillos, stylistic differences and shortcomings; sorry that mine displease you.

F

Moves
27 Jan 15

We all have our marks of incorrectness, peccadillos, stylistic differences and shortcomings; sorry that mine displease you.
Here you are talking about yourself yet again but it won't escape people's notice that you are quick to chastise others for doing the same thing.

F

Moves
27 Jan 15

Would you describe your "inability to coalesce what you have actually learnt from one of these other posters" as a "shortcoming" on your part or as a "stylistic" issue?

ENGLAND

Moves
27 Jan 15

You don't "displease" me at all! You are one of the major contributors to this forum. I'm just curious to understand what it is you have "leant" from the any of other posters in this forum which you mention in you OP?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jan 15

You don't "displease" me at all! You are one of the major contributors to this forum. I'm just curious to understand what it is you have "leant" from the any of other posters in this forum which you mention in you OP?
Please grasp the fact that this thread is not a public confessional of private information. The OP will fulfill itself in due time.

ENGLAND

Moves
27 Jan 15
2 edits

Please grasp the fact that this thread is not a public confessional of private information. The OP will fulfill itself in due time.
But it is YOUR thread and YOUR comment about learning from contributors here. How can you giving a compliment to an unnamed contributor by explaining what you have learned from said unnamed, possibly be construed as "private" or indeed a "confession"? I find your inability to engage at any meaningful level in the plethora of threads you start, quite astonishing.

F

Moves
27 Jan 15

Your OP was one of your countless sneer-furtively-at-people-you-don't like OPs.

Your subsequent complete lack of ability or imagination to contribute anything or engage anything ON YOUR OWN THREAD ~ you couldn't even offer a single example (when asked by divegeester) to illustrate the wishy washy claim you made at the start ~ makes it pretty clear that the snooty swipe you made in your OP was the thread's impulsive raison d'etre.

One could probably go back and look in the archive to see what it was that irritated you shortly before you started the thread. Actually I might go and do that: it would make for a "footnote comment" befitting your thread! 😀

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jan 15

But it is [b]YOUR thread and YOUR comment about learning from contributors here. How can you giving a compliment to an unnamed contributor by explaining what you have learned from said unnamed, possibly be construed as "private" or indeed a "confession"? I find your inability to engage at any meaningful level in the plethora of threads you start, quite astonishing.[/b]
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)

Here's a place to footnote comments you may have that would be off topic in active threads and/or wouldn't merit a thread of their own. Since 2012, I've made it a point to go to the site profiles of some contributors to access their most recent posts. Which "contributors"? Varies but includes atheists, agnostics, theists and believers in Christ. Why? Because I care about and learn from them; and respect their intellectual integrity. All of you are invited to post here, except trolls. -Bob

"Here's a place to footnote comments you may have...."
An example was given. Thread topic is comments you may have.
There's an unstated purpose in play which you're not aware of....

F

Moves
27 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
One could probably go back and look in the archive to see what it was that irritated [Grampy Bobby] shortly before [he] started the thread. Actually I might go and do that: it would make for a "footnote comment" befitting [his]thread!
I see that this "RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous" thread was started 45 minutes after this little outburst...

Ever wonder if trolls, constipated with frustration and unhappiness, perform their daily ablutions in private written correspondence and postcards with the same frequency and abandon as they they do in online public forums?

...which occurred shortly after the sheer weight of unanswered and evaded thread-premise-threatening questions on his 'Christianity is Not a Religion' thread had reached an unstable specific gravity!

F

Moves
27 Jan 15

Here's a place to footnote comments you may have...."
An example was given. Thread topic is comments you may have.
You said: "I've made it a point to go to the site profiles of some contributors to access their most recent posts. Which "contributors"? Varies but includes atheists, agnostics, theists and believers in Christ. Why? Because I care about and learn from them; and respect their intellectual integrity."

Can you give any examples of contributors whose site profiles you accessed in order to read their most recent posts because you care about them and respect their intellectual integrity? And can you give an example of something you learned from them in doing so?

ENGLAND

Moves
27 Jan 15

Is anyone aware of this "unstated purpose" or am I excluded for some reason?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Jan 15

Is anyone aware of this "unstated purpose" or am I excluded for some reason?
Yes. You'll become aware of it on your own in due time. Meanwhile, it's OP business as usual. Thanks for your patience.

ENGLAND

Moves
27 Jan 15

Yes. You'll become aware of it on your own in due time. Meanwhile, it's OP business as usual. Thanks for your patience.
OK I'll wait.

In the meantime are you going to share with us something you have learned from the contributors you mentioned in your OP?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 Jan 15

OK I'll wait.

In the meantime are you going to share with us something you have learned from the contributors you mentioned in your OP?
Topics of general interest without attribution from time to time, sure. Here's a quote from my taxi driver today on the way home from grocery shopping: "Last Saturday I stayed up half the night and finally figured out the meaning of life. When I woke up I had forgotten it." lol Then he got serious and said: "You know, Bob, I can't believe how some people worry about using up our energy resources; our country's been blessed with an abundance. God didn't put us on earth without a plan for the perpetuation of the human race." Asked if I could post his comments in an online public forum. He said: "I'm honored."