RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jan 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Dear OP: Please accept our thanks for doing your thankless job flawlessly. FDR and I would like to invite you and Mrs. OP to join us for a State Dinner at the White House two weeks from today. Cordially, First Lady Eleanor"

RSVP
"Dear Eleanor:

My wife and I accept your gracious invitation with thanks. Earlier today I read one of your insightful observations in a library book: ". "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." - Eleanor Roosevelt "We couldn't agree with you more. By the way, please wish Franklin Happy Birthday today, January 30, from our family." -OP

ENGLAND

Moves
31 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
To give a demonstration of the complete array of passive aggressive weaponry at the OP poster's disposal, as I suggested earlier ~ in a 'bingo!' moment ~ on this thread.
And the hits just keep on coming!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jan 15
1 edit

"Dear Eleanor:

My wife and I accept your gracious invitation with thanks. Earlier today I read one of your insightful observations in a library book: ". "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." - Eleanor Roosevelt "We couldn't agree with you more. By the way, please wish Franklin Happy Birthday today, January 30, from our family." -OP
________ Vice President _________ Gina L. Post _________

|... Eleanor ................................................................................. FDR...|

__________Ori Post ______________ VP's Wife __________

Here's a retrospective on that memorable evening with State Dinner Seating Protocol observed. Eleanor asked Ori if he would say grace before the first course was served. He obliged with, "Father we thank you for this day; for our First Family's hospitality and for the food about to be placed before us. Sanctify it to our bodies' use. In Christ's name we pray. Amen."

ENGLAND

Moves
31 Jan 15

Varies but includes atheists, agnostics, theists and believers in Christ. Why? Because I care about and learn from them; and respect their intellectual integrity.
While you are "respecting their intellectual integrity" of the atheists, agnostics etc etc ...and yet are unable to state one single thing which you say you have learned from any of them, perhaps you will feel more inclined to speculate what any other poster you "care about" has learned from you?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
While you are "respecting their intellectual integrity" of the atheists, agnostics etc etc ...and yet are unable to state one single thing which you say you have learned from any of them, perhaps you will feel more inclined to speculate what any other poster you "care about" has learned from you?
divegeester, I've learned that several "atheists and agnostics" on this site have the emotional maturity to be painstakingly honest and courteous in expressing their aggressively staunch disbelief in God/rejection of the person and work of Jesus Christ [during private in-game message, personal message, email and phone conversations]. Mutual respect continues.

F

Moves
31 Jan 15

I wonder if any readers would be interested in hazarding a guess at what Grampy Bobby's [b]"unstated purpose" is behind his OP... Any takers....?
I think the "unstated purpose" is starting to come out now.

ENGLAND

Moves
31 Jan 15
2 edits

divegeester, I've learned that several "atheists and agnostics" on this site have the emotional maturity to be painstakingly honest and courteous in expressing their aggressively staunch disbelief in God/rejection of the person and work of Jesus Christ [during private in-game message, personal message, email and phone conversations]. Mutual respect continues.
Hmm, it's not really something you have "learned" is it; it's more of an observation. I mean, your rather gushing and patronising OP does read as though your "caring" for these people, mostly whom you have never met in person, stems from something or somethings far more profound than a superficial observation of their posting style. Don't you think?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jan 15

Hmm, it's not really something you have "learned" is it; it's more of an observation. I mean, your rather gushing and patronising OP does read as though your "caring" for these people, mostly whom you have never met in person, stems from something or something's far more profound than a superficial observation of their posting style. Don't you think?
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)

Here's a place to footnote comments you may have that would be off topic in active threads and/or wouldn't merit a thread of their own. Since 2012, I've made it a point to go to the site profiles of some contributors to access their most recent posts. Which "contributors"? Varies but includes atheists, agnostics, theists and believers in Christ. Why? Because I care about and learn from them; and respect their intellectual integrity. All of you are invited to post here, except trolls. -Bob

ENGLAND

Moves
31 Jan 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
[b]RHP Spirituality Forum: Miscellaneous

Here's a place to footnote comments you may have that would be off topic in active threads and/or wouldn't merit a thread of their own. Since 2012, I've made it a point to go to the site profiles of some contributors to access their most recent p ...[text shortened]... r intellectual integrity. All of you are invited to post here, except trolls. -Bob[/b]
I think half of your problem here is that know one has the slightest idea what it is you are actually trying to achieve.

F

Moves
31 Jan 15

I think half of your problem here is that know one has the slightest idea what it is you are actually trying to achieve.
One of the things he may be trying to achieve is to re-copy paste his own OP on the same thread ten times or more. He's well on the way: he's done so five or six times already. 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Jan 15
1 edit

No "problem here" that an objective focus wouldn't correct. Stated purpose is simply to provide a utility thread posters may wish to use for comments "that would be off topic in active threads and/or wouldn't merit a thread of their own".

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Feb 15

"If one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent." -- Kwai Chang Caine

Thanks, robbie

ENGLAND

Moves
01 Feb 15

😴

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Feb 15

😴
hey, divegeester, nice avatar photo... the "Beloved"?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Feb 15

"Text" Length "or WC/VPC = NEU or SA" (Page 5)