The Bible accepts homosexuality!

The Bible accepts homosexuality!

Spirituality

Z

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Ullr
Why would you base your understanding of the god of Israel on anything other than the scripture/mythology of the tribe of Israel? This would be akin to a jew claiming that the Allfather Odin is a teetoler.
sorry, i missed this, allow me to answer now.

for the simple reason you don't base your understanding of physics only on the works of isaac newton, i do not base my understanding of god only on the bible.

i understand that should the part about god being a being of love be true, some parts of the bible must be false, specifically the ones about genocide and god proding job with pain and suffering to prove to someone he doesn't even like that job is a good guy.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
06 Nov 11
1 edit

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Nov 11

The post that was quoted here has been removed
You dont know better. The Bible and God is against homosexuality.

Z

Moves
06 Nov 11

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Nov 11

So is there or is there not anything about homosexuality in the bible? after 200+ posts and other threads on this issue, there still seems to be no concensus to a very simple question.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
So is there or is there not anything about homosexuality in the bible? after 200+ posts and other threads on this issue, there still seems to be no concensus to a very simple question.
The word 'homosexuality' is not in the Bible. The concept and the act of what we call homosexuality is in the Bible and it is condemed in rather strong language. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah becuase the residents engaged in acts of homosexuality.

Z

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
You dont know better. The Bible and God is against homosexuality.
sure, sure. god decided that two people have no right to be in love with each other if both have p3nises. there are wars, famine, diseases, murders, rapes, thefts, greed, and so on but god decided that two people that cherish and respect one another should be outlawed.

on the bible part, i will agree. the bible is very much against homosexuality. doesn't have anything against slavery though, or genocide, or rape, or killing little girls if they fail to prove they are virgins on their wedding night. however, when two dudes doink each other, the bible screams halt!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
sure, sure. god decided that two people have no right to be in love with each other if both have p3nises. there are wars, famine, diseases, murders, rapes, thefts, greed, and so on but god decided that two people that cherish and respect one another should be outlawed.

on the bible part, i will agree. the bible is very much against homosexualit ...[text shortened]... rgins on their wedding night. however, when two dudes doink each other, the bible screams halt!
Yes and Yes.

Are you dealing with facts or with your emotion?

Z

Moves
06 Nov 11

The word 'homosexuality' is not in the Bible. The concept and the act of what we call homosexuality is in the Bible and it is condemed in rather strong language. God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah becuase the residents engaged in acts of homosexuality.
lovely story. simply lovely. two cities get destroyed, including the children. where there no good people there? lot was there, so apart from him no other fairly good guy was there?

on a side note, nicely done on lot's part offering his daughters to be gang raped by the rape mob. very christian of him. oh wait, he wasn't a christian. he was from the time god had no son to calm him down so he was vengeful and nasty.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
06 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Thanks for getting us to a better place.

The bible in no uncertain terms (thanks Rajk999) condemns the act of homosexual sex, but does not condemn a person for simply being or even claiming to be, a homosexual.

And if you look at it in simple black and white, this goes the same for so many other things we human beings do that is condemned, while the urge to do so is fairly natural and not condemned.

If a man finds himself alone with another man's wife, and one thing leads to another and both feel like engaging in some affection or more. Should they do it? Does the bible condemn them for the circumstances that lead up to the decision, or does the bible condemn the act itself?

Now adultery is an interesting subject because even fantasizing about an adulterous relationship is a sin according to Christ. And that I find interesting.

Z

Moves
06 Nov 11

Yes and Yes.

Are you dealing with facts or with your emotion?
what facts? that you're anti-gay? it was obvious, don't worry.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Nov 11

lovely story. simply lovely. two cities get destroyed, including the children. where there no good people there? lot was there, so apart from him no other fairly good guy was there?

on a side note, nicely done on lot's part offering his daughters to be gang raped by the rape mob. very christian of him. oh wait, he wasn't a christian. he was from the time god had no son to calm him down so he was vengeful and nasty.
Ok fine .. unfortunately none of that makes homosexuality acceptable. It is still wrong.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Nov 11

so you are admitting that JC didn't mention anything about homosexuality but that the bible writers came up with that charming story of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Funny how some christians can "cringe" or "get disgusted" at what 2 people do behind closed doors, their imaginations clearly running away with them, but dont so much as bat an eyelid when certain atrocities are cited from the bible. And whats more, try to justify those atrocities on the grounds that "God did it".

Incredible!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Nov 11

I am anti-gay to the same extent that God is anti-gay ..YES .
I also posted a couple pages earlier that there are many abominations in the Bible which God hates and Christians are wrong to focus on homosexuality only and ignore the rest. I personally wont consider a gay man any worse a sinner than a habitual liar or a dangerous gossiping woman.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
06 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi to Rajk999
I know that I'm not anti-gay as in standing in opposition to all gay people. Not at all.

I wonder if that bothers you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.