Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Truth- Absolute or Relative?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Sep 19

@fmf said
Do you think your riff about "contradictory definitions" gives your perception of integrity more "meaning" than Ghost of a Duke's perception of integrity?
I am merely pointing out that integrity is totally meaningless if two contradictory statements can be considered true within a framework of moral relativism.

F

Moves
26 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
I am merely pointing out that integrity is totally meaningless if two contradictory statements can be considered true within a framework of moral relativism.
So you claim, but HOW do you think your riff about "two contradictory statements" gives YOUR perception of integrity MORE "meaning" than Ghost of a Duke's perception of integrity? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

F

Moves
26 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
Says the guy who has dodged many a question of mine.
Like I said, if I feel I am being trolled, then I am not interested.

You seem to think that babbling on about "two contradictory statements" somehow makes your personal opinions "objective" and I responded to this whole line of rhetoric in 2016 many, many times, then in 2017 many times, then a few times in 2018, and then I stopped bothering because your repetition of the riff never ever factored in the responses I was given.

Ask Question-Ignore Answer-Repeat Question, repeat ad infinitum.

You should try your thing on another poster.

Moves
26 Sep 19

@fmf said
So you claim, but HOW do you think your riff about "two contradictory statements" gives YOUR perception of integrity MORE "meaning" than Ghost of a Duke's perception of integrity? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
Within a framework of moral relativity ‘integrity’ could be defined as ‘honesty’ or ‘dishonesty’, in fact as whatever the hell you feel like. So to me the word ‘integrity’ is totally worthless within a framework of moral relativity. You are free to disagree.

Moves
26 Sep 19

@fmf said
Like I said, if I feel I am being trolled, then I am not interested.

You seem to think that babbling on about "two contradictory statements" somehow makes your personal opinions "objective" and I responded to this whole line of rhetoric in 2016 many, many times, then in 2017 many times, then a few times in 2018, and then I stopped bothering because your repetition of the riff ...[text shortened]... Ignore Answer-Repeat Question, repeat ad infinitum.

You should try your thing on another poster.
As usual you seem to be missing the point.

F

Moves
26 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
Within a framework of moral relativity ‘integrity’ could be defined as ‘honesty’ or ‘dishonesty’, in fact as whatever the hell you feel like. So to me the word ‘integrity’ is totally worthless within a framework of moral relativity. You are free to disagree.
It may well be true that your notion of integrity is meaningless. Do you demonstrate integrity when you engage me here on this forum?

Would you not be able to demonstrate or discern honesty if it were not for your riffs about "absolute truth" and "two contradictory statements"?

If you think your notion of integrity is more meaningful than Ghost of a Duke's, how does that affect anyone except you?

F

Moves
26 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
As usual you seem to be missing the point.
Not at all. Your personal opinion about the supposed effect of your perceived "aboslute truth" on the "objectivity" of your personal opinions is entirely subjective.

Moves
26 Sep 19

@fmf said
It may well be true that your notion of integrity is meaningless. Do you demonstrate integrity when you engage me here on this forum?

Would you not be able to demonstrate or discern honesty if it were not for your riffs about "absolute truth" and "two contradictory statements"?

If you think your notion of integrity is more meaningful than Ghost of a Duke's, how does that affect anyone except you?
I believe a non contradictory notion of integrity is more logical and meaningful than a contradictory one. You are free to hold yourself to a contradictory notion if you prefer. You are also free to be as illogical as you see fit.

F

Moves
26 Sep 19

dj2becker, if you have religious/supernatural or psychological reasons for believing that Ghost of a Duke's notion of integrity is "meaningless" or "worthless", so be it. I fully accept that this is your belief. We can just agree to disagree. So, where does the discourse go from here?

Moves
26 Sep 19

@fmf said
Not at all. Your personal opinion about the supposed effect of your perceived "aboslute truth" on the "objectivity" of your personal opinions is entirely subjective.
Would you say the use of logic is also subjective?

F

Moves
26 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
I believe a non contradictory notion of integrity is more logical and meaningful than a contradictory one. You are free to hold yourself to a contradictory notion if you prefer. You are also free to be as illogical as you see fit.
If you think I hold myself to a "contradictory notion", I don't mind. You can say it over and over again, you can claim that your belief that I hold myself to a "contradictory notion" is "objective", I don't mind.

Moves
26 Sep 19

@fmf said
dj2becker, if you have religious/supernatural or psychological reasons for believing that Ghost of a Duke's notion of integrity is "meaningless" or "worthless", so be it. I fully accept that this is your belief. We can just agree to disagree. So, where does the discourse go from here?
What if my reasons were logical rather than religious/supernatural? Does Logic appeal to you at all?

F

Moves
26 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
Would you say the use of logic is also subjective?
I would say that all your "uses of logic" to try to establish the "objectivity" of your personal opinions about supernatural and divine matters are all subjective.

Moves
26 Sep 19
1 edit

@fmf said
If you think I hold myself to a "contradictory notion", I don't mind. You can say it over and over again, you can claim that your belief that I hold myself to a "contradictory notion" is "objective", I don't mind.
I actually think your notion of integrity is probably more non contradictory than you would be willing to admit for obvious reasons. And I think the idea of moral absolutism scares you for obvious reasons.

F

Moves
26 Sep 19

@dj2becker said
What if my reasons were logical rather than religious/supernatural? Does Logic appeal to you at all?
You cannot generate "objective" opinions about your superstitions and your speculations about unprovable things by babbling about "logic".