Why do religious ones stick with delusions?

Why do religious ones stick with delusions?

Spirituality

n

Moves
11 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I don't pay any attention to that part. That is not relevant for us.
You blindly follow the bible as the direct words of Jesus , yet openly write that you dont follow another part of the same book. The pacific ocean wide glaringly obvious contradiction in your direct actions is shockingly obvious.

If you dont follow one part as "its not relevant for us" what about parts on the treatment of slaves, women, homosexuals and many others unfortunate enough to suffer gods wrath? who decides what is the unfallible word of god and what part gets ignored as its "not relevant"? Seems that more parts nowadays are being put in the not relevant part. Interesting for a book that according to many is incapable of being wrong.

It is a disgrace to the gift of independant thought for you to be able to (lucidly) write the absolute tripe that you do and not see the inherent blinding inconsistencies and contradictons.

Open your eyes and use your 'god given' brain

n

Moves
11 Jun 11

In future Mr Hinds, can you please preface your posts when quoting scipture - if the quote is from the bible OR the bible that you agree with and follow so we do not misinterpret your position.

Perhaps you could be a sport and list the parts of the bible that you do follow so this way we will not refer to these other parts in arguments against you -as clearly you dont follow them so we surely could not use them against you as a Christian (we will just have to gloss over the infallible, gods inspired words bit - but that can just be between us - l am sure they wont mind)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 11

Originally posted by nook7
You blindly follow the bible as the direct words of Jesus , yet openly write that you dont follow another part of the same book. The pacific ocean wide glaringly obvious contradiction in your direct actions is shockingly obvious.

If you dont follow one part as "its not relevant for us" what about parts on the treatment of slaves, women, homosexuals and man ...[text shortened]... inding inconsistencies and contradictons.

Open your eyes and use your 'god given' brain
You seem to forget that we have the New Testament now
since Jesus, the Christ, has come. So there are certain things
that may not apply to us anymore.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
Interesting religion. You get to pick and choose which part of it you want to follow. How would your god view that? Did not your god write ALL the books of the bible?
Did he say, ignore those books, just use a shortened version, I really didn't mean all those nasty things I said back then, had a bad case of indigestion......
Jesus, the Messiah, has come and has taken care of much of
what was written in the Old Testament. So I don't have to
worry. I can just be happy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 11

In future Mr Hinds, can you please preface your posts when quoting scipture - if the quote is from the bible OR the bible that you agree with and follow so we do not misinterpret your position.

Perhaps you could be a sport and list the parts of the bible that you do follow so this way we will not refer to these other parts in arguments against you -as clea ...[text shortened]... nfallible, gods inspired words bit - but that can just be between us - l am sure they wont mind)
I have no idea as to what you are talking about here.

n

Moves
12 Jun 11

I have no idea as to what you are talking about here.
So the new testament is all ok ?- it is just the old testament that has parts that a christian can choose to ignore?

Planet Rain

Moves
12 Jun 11

You seem to forget that we have the New Testament now
since Jesus, the Christ, has come. So there are certain things
that may not apply to us anymore.
Hallelujah!!!

So, could you list some of the things The Almighty has changed His Almighty Mind about?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]Well, I have corrected your one point and informed you
that I do not adhere to dogma.

There's a POINT in the following. In fact, there are a couple of them. Did you even read it? Can you figure out what they are?
[quote]Seems more than a bit premature to be declaring anything "unfair" on my part. You asked a question and I answered it. ...[text shortened]... . After you've demonstrated that you understand where we are, I'll address it.[/b]
This doesn't sound like you want to be my friend.

T

Moves
12 Jun 11

This doesn't sound like you want to be my friend.
Because I point out the truth?

If you wanted to be my friend, you'd make sure you bring intellectual honesty to the discussion. Here's hoping that you'll begin to do so.

It never ceases to amaze me how many Christians have an aversion to truth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 11

Because I point out the truth?

If you wanted to be my friend, you'd make sure you bring intellectual honesty to the discussion. Here's hoping that you'll begin to do so.

It never ceases to amaze me how many Christians have an aversion to truth.
Calling people liars is not a good way to start a friendly
relationship. Maybe, you could say something about
what you admire in me.

T

Moves
12 Jun 11
1 edit

Calling people liars is not a good way to start a friendly
relationship. Maybe, you could say something about
what you admire in me.
What's "not a good way to start a friendly relationship" is to not bring intellectual honesty to the discussion like you've been doing here. Once again, here's hoping that you'll begin to bring it.

Why are you more interesting in having someone stroke your ego rather than have someone speak the truth to you?

n

Moves
12 Jun 11

What's "not a good way to start a friendly relationship" is to not bring intellectual honesty to the discussion like you've been doing here. Once again, here's hoping that you'll begin to bring it.

Why are you more interesting in having someone stroke your ego rather than have someone speak the truth to you?
The truth hurts Think of one and more importantly - the truth can force one to face the inherent contradictions that have been clearly shown. l dont think Mr Hinds is prepared to face this.......

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 11

You apparently do not know what the truth is, so how can you
speak it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Jun 11

The truth hurts Think of one and more importantly - the truth can force one to face the inherent contradictions that have been clearly shown. l dont think Mr Hinds is prepared to face this.......
I can face the truth when I hear it. The problem with both of
you is that you don't reckonize the truth when you hear it.
You two are caught up in denial of the truth and belief in
lies. You have substitued Satan's lies in place of God's truth.

n

Moves
12 Jun 11

I can face the truth when I hear it. The problem with both of
you is that you don't reckonize the truth when you hear it.
You two are caught up in denial of the truth and belief in
lies. You have substitued Satan's lies in place of God's truth.
It is sad that you feel the need to believe in mythical entitities. l really liked Lord of the Rings but l know the the mythical creatures in it are not real, and that story is a lit more believable than your bible (especially the old testament).

If you begin to use the cognitive powers that everyone is born with would find that such crutches are unecessary.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.