F-35

F-35

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
22 Mar 21
1 edit

@wildgrass

Yes, Wildgrass, I see your points on ridiculous cost, and I take your side on that issue.
However, if you are ever out to impress a forum adversary with statistics that favor your PoV,
don't throw it all out by greatly exaggerating or outright distorting and lying to make your point.
It never works. Then you are stuck in a sub thread trying to get the stats right.

happy motoring. 😀

w

Moves
22 Mar 21
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
@wildgrass

Yes, Wildgrass, I see your points on ridiculous cost, and I take your side on that issue.
However, if you are ever out to impress a forum adversary with statistics that favor your PoV,
don't throw it all out by greatly exaggerating or outright distorting and lying to make your point.
It never works. Then you are stuck in a sub thread trying to get the stats right.

happy motoring. 😀
I wasn't lying about cost. The distortion rests in the argument that the cost is enveloped only in the sticker price. Perhaps my statement on that was misinterpreted.

Don't take my word for it:

... the relatively low $80 million-per-F-35 price tag is deceptive, because the F-35 has proven so expensive and challenging to maintain.... The high operating costs are tied to... over 800 continuing defects that are still being corrected. At this very moment, F-35 fleets are receiving a projected $16 billion upgrade to software and other components that’s already two years behind schedule and $1.5 billion over budget.

What's the solution?
[the military] wants a new plane with a more easily upgradeable computer system, greater speed and some lower-level stealth characteristics in between that of the F-35 and F-16.
This is exactly what Lockheed wants. Fail spectacularly, then claim the only solution is spending more money on another jet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/air-force-admits-f-35-fighter-jet-costs-too-much-ncna1259781

D

Moves
22 Mar 21

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
22 Mar 21

When Turkey refused to heed America's warnings not to buy the Russian made S-400 defense missile,
the US did in fact take Turkey out of the F-35 program and later, sanctioned them.

I'm trying to figure out why Turkey would want the F-35 to begin with. But that's just me.

D

Moves
22 Mar 21
1 edit

Don't get no better

tinyurl.com/22vjy9ub

Moves
22 Mar 21

@earl-of-trumps said
When Turkey refused to heed America's warnings not to buy the Russian made S-400 defense missile,
the US did in fact take Turkey out of the F-35 program and later, sanctioned them.

I'm trying to figure out why Turkey would want the F-35 to begin with. But that's just me.
Cause it's awesome?!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
23 Mar 21
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Of course political considerations exist but you notice that Turkey chose to buy the
Russian system when they knew it was not currying favor with their ally, America.

So now that America cuts Turkey out of the program, and Turkey wants to get
back in, you cannot now say that Turkey's gesture was to brown-nose the USA.
Turkey must really want the F-35 on its own merits.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
23 Mar 21

@athousandyoung said
Cause it's awesome?!
Ya, Ok, it's awesome.

So is a Porsche 911 but at $150K, I think I'll not be owning one.

D

Moves
23 Mar 21
2 edits

Don't get no better

tinyurl.com/22vjy9ub

Moves
23 Mar 21

@earl-of-trumps said
Ya, Ok, it's awesome.

So is a Porsche 911 but at $150K, I think I'll not be owning one.
Turkey might need to bomb Greece or Syria or Israel or Russia or Iran!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
23 Mar 21
1 edit

You know that Turkey, if they wanted to curry favor with the US, would have bought
the American Patriot missile when the US *asked* them to. The US were trying to
make a deal - a deal, btw, that included Turkey remaining in the F-35 program.

So maybe, Turkey simply likes the F-35 as well as the S-400. I know they are not
too happy with the US so I don't know about this "currying favor" stuff.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
23 Mar 21

@athousandyoung said
Turkey might need to bomb Greece or Syria or Israel or Russia or Iran!
Turkey is right in the middle of it. And I can see that Russia is a potential adversary and at this time would likely not sell them the Su-35.

So what's a country to do?

D

Moves
23 Mar 21

D

Moves
23 Mar 21
1 edit

Republicant Retiree

Blade Runner

Moves
23 Mar 21

What's a Russian boyfriend like, or for that matter a Chinese boyfriend?