Immunity From Timeout While On Vacation

Immunity From Timeout While On Vacation

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Admin

Wimbledon

Moves
29 Aug 06
1 edit

I have put another vote up - [vid]13[/vid].

This is a simple Yes/No vote to decide if we need to make the vacation flag give immunity to timeouts.

The time that would be allowed to stay in vacation mode would be limited (if the vote comes out as a Yes, we will put up another vote on the time period), and I imagine it being about three or four weeks per year.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
29 Aug 06

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
29 Aug 06

Originally posted by Chris
I have put another vote up - [vid]13[/vid].

This is a simple Yes/No vote to decide if we need to make the vacation flag give immunity to timeouts.

The time that would be allowed to stay in vacation mode would be limited (if the vote comes out as a Yes, we will put up another vote on the time period), and I imagine it being about three or four weeks per year.
I just got back from an 8-day vacation and nobody timed me out. I went on an 8-day vacation last year too and nobody timed me out. As far as I'm concerned, it's a non-issue. Most people are pretty respectful of the flag.

DS

Moves
29 Aug 06

I suppose non subscribers don't get a vote - as usual?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
29 Aug 06

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateโ„ข

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
29 Aug 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Stop whinging, peasant.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
29 Aug 06

Imagine 6 games with vacation flags all popped up at the same time. Four weeks of free waiting. It's a conspiracy I tell you.๐Ÿ˜•

DS

Moves
29 Aug 06

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Imagine 6 games with vacation flags all popped up at the same time. Four weeks of free waiting. It's a conspiracy I tell you.๐Ÿ˜•
Subscribers will rejoice at the mass departure of us poor non-subs.:'(:'(:'(

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
29 Aug 06

To heck with Boris, I agree with Confucius.๐Ÿ˜

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
29 Aug 06

If you listen closely you can hear our piles bleeding for all of you.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
29 Aug 06

DS

Moves
29 Aug 06

Originally posted by sasquatch672
It's fine that you're here. But you shouldn't complain about what you don't have when you've made the choice to not become a subscriber.
Fair enough - partly. But as it will have a massive effect on non-subs,I feel justified to have a small moan.

Could it not be made part of the advanced options so it can be used or not used by agreement?

j
nice one

bed, chair or floor

Moves
29 Aug 06

about three or four weeks per year
I thought the timebank was for vacation?
28 day timebank=4 weeks of vacation.
And 28 day timebank is not even popular.

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
29 Aug 06

Fair enough - partly. But as it will have a massive effect on non-subs,I feel justified to have a small moan.

Could it not be made part of the advanced options so it can be used or not used by agreement?
Actually, I like this idea. Or else having a feature that if a flag is up, the flagger is blocked from moving (if this idea carries through). I was lucky to be able to have sporadic internet when I was on vacation and so I was able to move, but I could imagine people using it to avoid time-outs when they're not on vacation.

Moves
29 Aug 06

Originally posted by jfkjmh
I thought the timebank was for vacation?
28 day timebank=4 weeks of vacation.
And 28 day timebank is not even popular.
Thats fine, but in tournament play you have no control over when future rounds start, and in clan play you have no control over the leader setting the time outs full stop. It is not fair to lose a tournament a year on as a 14 day vacation does not fit in with the 7 day time bank.

Andrew