Immunity From Timeout While On Vacation

Immunity From Timeout While On Vacation

General

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
31 Aug 06

Originally posted by wormwood
all the dozens of people reading general forum regularly heard you, but the 1500 others didn't...

maybe I should make a 'pro vacation bank list', and blow my additional 4 weeks on the first one on it who I come across. on move three.
Looks like you'll get your chance.

I
Dadohalic

Finger tip talking.

Moves
31 Aug 06

all the dozens of people reading general forum regularly heard you, but the 1500 others didn't...

maybe I should make a 'pro vacation bank list', and blow my additional 4 weeks on the first one on it who I come across. on move three.
Remeber why you are here people. TO PLAY CHESS!

change your vote before it is to late.

Go vote NO!

I was concerned my post was going to get lost thank you for keeping it alive.

b
perpetualEditMonkey

Nova Scotia

Moves
31 Aug 06
2 edits

I've stated this in the 'Site Ideas' forum, but I voted yes.

4 weeks might be too much, maybe only 2 or 3 weeks. That's a minor detail to work out.

I can't see this being abused if the vacation is chunked (say, for instance, 3-day minimum), you are not allowed to make moves during your vacation, and any moves made against you are sealed. In the games that respect vacation bank, the user on vacation could see a lock next to his games, indicating that he is locked out of those games (until vacation slot is finished).

Add in a 'Respect vacation bank? Yes / No' setting when making a challenge, and who is going to be the loser from this system?

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
31 Aug 06

Originally posted by bosintang
Add in a 'Respect vacation bank? Yes / No' setting when making a challenge, and who is going to be the loser from this system?
And what happens with clan challenges when half the players submitted for the challenge from each clan have "yes" checked and the other half have "no" checked?

SS

Moves
31 Aug 06

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
31 Aug 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
Please put me on your list.
added.

(no, I was not seriously considering it. just giving some food for thought.)

b
perpetualEditMonkey

Nova Scotia

Moves
31 Aug 06
1 edit

I've stated this in the 'Site Ideas' forum, but I voted yes.

4 weeks might be too much, maybe only 2 or 3 weeks. That's a minor detail to work out.

I can't see this being abused if the vacation is chunked (say, for instance, 3-day minimum), you are not allowed to make moves during your vacation, and any moves made against you are sealed. In the gam / No' setting when making a challenge, and who is going to be the loser from this system?
I'm not in any clans, so I don't know how that works. But how does it work now when half the users say they want 3/7 games and the other half say they want 1/3 games? It seems to me that is more complicated accomodating this then a simple yes/no feature for respecting vacation bank would be.

Your Eminence

Scunthorpe

Moves
31 Aug 06

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
And on top of that, other losers to this proposed system will be those that thought they were entering a 3/7 time control tournamount but in fact have to wait for every Tom Dick and Harry to go sun himself on the beach for a month.
As I understand the proposed changes, tournaments would auto-TO regardless of vacation flags.

N

The sky

Moves
31 Aug 06

added.

(no, I was not seriously considering it. just giving some food for thought.)
I seriously wouldn't mind if we'd play a game and you'd stop moving for a month after the third move.

b
perpetualEditMonkey

Nova Scotia

Moves
31 Aug 06

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
And on top of that, other losers to this proposed system will be those that thought they were entering a 3/7 time control tournamount but in fact have to wait for every Tom Dick and Harry to go sun himself on the beach for a month.
You make it sound like people are deliberately going to use up their time, and all at once.

If people are locked out from making any moves at all, I highly doubt they'll take 30 day vacations from RHP even if their vacations are actually that long! More likely they'll only take days when they know they can't move (doubtfully longer than a few days), and use their timebank for other days when they have casual access to RHP.

And seriously what's 2-4 weeks in a tournament that goes on for 2 years right now?

DS

Moves
31 Aug 06

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
Can I moan about you needing 3 edits for one sentence?
I had to censor out the swear words.
3 times - before you moan.

SS

Moves
31 Aug 06
1 edit

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
31 Aug 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
I seriously wouldn't mind if we'd play a game and you'd stop moving for a month after the third move.
good to know. but I can't see that happening really, not during opening especially. a week is pretty much the longest think I've had so far...

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
31 Aug 06
1 edit

You make it sound like people are deliberately going to use up their time, and all at once.

If people are locked out from making any moves at all, I highly doubt they'll take 30 day vacations from RHP even if their vacations are actually that long! More likely they'll only take days when they know they can't move (doubtfully longer than a few days), an ...[text shortened]... o RHP.

And seriously what's 2-4 weeks in a tournament that goes on for 2 years right now?
2-4 weeks? Consider this.

Player A B and C are in a group, and by chance each take 3 weeks off in a single round (Many tourneys are several rounds long)

A and B wait for C to take only 3 weeks off one month. A and C wait for B to take 3 weeks off a couple weeks later... and B and C wait for A to take his few weeks off some weeks later. That is more than 2 months, and it is only the first round of the tourney. Something similar happens each round, and the tourney is held up nearly a year, not a couple weeks.

P-

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
31 Aug 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
As I understand the proposed changes, tournaments would auto-TO regardless of vacation flags.
That only applies to Vote 12. Vote 13 refers to all games.

I think the 2007 Championship will be renamed the 2007-9 Championship.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.