My campaign to become a moderator

General

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 May 22

@very-rusty said
You think? ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™‚

Obviously an old poster with a new name you are. Do you come from far?

-VR
Come on, Rusty.

You're usually quicker than this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 May 22

@fmf said
I don't think a smattering of thumbs "shows" what anyone is "like". A moderator just looks at whether an alerted post contravenes the TOS and not at how many thumbs it has drawn.
I think this post shows exactly what you will be like.

People shouldn't be elected based on "what they will be like". People should be elected by a simple "what we already know they are like".

And if you are looking to be "elected", perhaps moderator isn't the position you're looking for.

So is your position that you don't give a crap what any user's opinion is? You cannot "serve" people by ignoring them. Besides, no one thinks that's true, anyway. You care a great deal about what SOME people think. Everyone else can pound sand. Is that the best qualification for a moderator?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 May 22

@fmf said
Slogan:

No Obvious Retroactive Banning, Just Promises about a Clean Slate
"Promises in the Dark"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 May 22
1 edit

@fmf said
No Personality Disorder, No Autism, No Neurosis, Just Good Moderating.
Fun Fact: 50% of US politicians feel that lying will not hurt (but rather help) their chances of getting elected.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 May 22

@gertrude said
you have my vote
we need a decent and respectable moderator
you are the man with a plan
Obvious brown nose is obvious. Not much has changed for you, I'd say.

F

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
So is your position that you don't give a crap what any user's opinion is?
Slogan:

Opinions Come And Go, The TOS Are Forever.

F

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
Everyone else can pound sand. Is that the best qualification for a moderator?
Slogan:

Transgressors Of Serenity [TOS' sers] Can Pound Sand

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 May 22

@fmf said
Let Justice Prevail and the Forums Prosper
"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest."
Elie Weasel

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are."
Benjamin Franklin

"If one really wishes to know how justice is administered in a country, one does not question the policemen, the lawyers, the judges, or the protected members of the middle class. One goes to the unprotected--those, precisely, who need the law's protection most!--and listens to their testimony."
James Baldwin

"Men often mistake killing and revenge for justice. They seldom have the stomach for justice."
Robert Jordan

"Courage is of no value unless accompanied by justice; yet if all men became just, there would be no need for courage."
Agesilaus the Second

"Laws catch flies but let hornets go free."
Scottish Proverb

"Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong."
Theodore Roosevelt

"Little thieves are hanged but great ones escape."
14th Century French Proverb

"Justice is conscience, not a personal conscience but the conscience of the whole of humanity."
Alexander Solzhenitsyn

"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph."
Haile Selassie

"The just man is not the product of a day, but of a long brooding and a painful birth. To become a power for peace, a man must first pass through experiences which lead him to see things in their different aspects: it is necessary that he have a wide horizon, and breathe various atmospheres--in a word, from crossing, one after another, paths and points of view the most diverse, and sometimes the most contradictory, he must acquire the faculty of putting himself in the place of others and appreciating them."
Charles Wagner

"Justice should remove the bandage from her eyes long enough to distinguish between the vicious and the unfortunate."
Robert G. Ingersoll

"Where there are too many policemen, there is no liberty. Where there are too many soldiers, there is no peace. Where there are too many lawyers, there is no justice."
Lyn Yutang

F

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest."
Elie Weasel

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are."
Benjamin Franklin

"If one really wishes to know how justice is administered in a country, one does not question the policeme ...[text shortened]... soldiers, there is no peace. Where there are too many lawyers, there is no justice."
Lyn Yutang
Slogan:

Like Herschel Walker, No More Scrimmaging, No More "Mixed Martial Arts", Just Serving The Community.

F

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
"Promises in the Dark"
Slogan:

Promises and Darkness You Can Take To The Bank

F

Moves
30 May 22

@fmf said
Slogan:

Promises and Darkness You Can Take To The Bank
Where Once There Was Darkness, Let There Now Be Gaslight

F

Moves
30 May 22

@the-gravedigger said
FMF will make the forums greener by replacing gas lighting with solar.
Nice slogan.

I might replace SOLAR with BIOGAS.

F

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
People shouldn't be elected based on "what they will be like". People should be elected by a simple "what we already know they are like".
[1] I am smart and fair-minded and a forum veteran. [2] I have the best interests of the website at heart.

รœber-Nerd

Moves
30 May 22

@very-rusty said
Well I looked around and couldn't find the Anti-Very Rusty thread. ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR
It's buried in a place to which you are not privy. <smirk smirk>

รœber-Nerd

Moves
30 May 22

@fmf said
[1] I am smart and fair-minded and a forum veteran. [2] I have the best interests of the website at heart.
It occurs to me that the post of mere moderator is beneath your skill set, you being so smart and all and privy to information you are not at liberty to divulge. I see a grave need for an agent with authority to investigate the prevalence of a phenomenon which does gravely degrade the site and is by no means merely silly or infantile. I refer of course to the blight of gang-thumbing certain member's posts. Such an agent should have the authority to investigate PMs and private clubs and the power to root out this horrible and degrading practise, without, of course, those under investigation ever knowing that they are under investigation (if they suspected, they would cover up and simply shift their nefarious plans to private email correspondence). Now, I realize that this would put a fearsome power in the hands of one person; so, it stands to reason that there should be some sort of check-and-balance, a four-eyes principle if you will, to prevent personal animosity from perverting the results. Therefore, I propose that there be TWO such agents, and that any action they take, they must agree on unanimously. Yourself, of course, with your skill set (smart, fair-minded, computer literate, too much time on your hands), would be the first agent, and as a co-adjutant with equal authority, someone with a good nose for sniffing out conspiracies and connecting the dots in complicated webs of deceit: MetalBrain is the obvious choice. Now, we just need a name for this special position. I've got it: Grand Inquisitors of RHP! By Jove, Watson, that's it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.