My campaign to become a moderator

My campaign to become a moderator

General

F

Moves
30 May 22

@moonbus said
It occurs to me that the post of mere moderator is beneath your skill set, you being so smart and all and privy to information you are not at liberty to divulge. I see a grave need for an agent with authority to investigate the prevalence of a phenomenon which does gravely degrade the site and is by no means merely silly or infantile. I refer of course to the blight of gang-t ...[text shortened]... a name for this special position. I've got it: Grand Inquisitors of RHP! By Jove, Watson, that's it.
No thanks. I am just interested in weighing and acting upon alerts and perhaps dealing with feedback. Thumbs don't fall under the perview of moderators. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
30 May 22

Animals welcome, badgers, wolves etc. No sea lions.

F

Moves
30 May 22

@the-gravedigger said
Animals welcome, badgers, wolves etc. No sea lions.
Slogan:

They Will Compare Me To St. Francis of Assisi.

G

Moves
30 May 22

@fmf said
Nice slogan.

I might replace SOLAR with BIOGAS.
With the amount of crap posts this would work

F

Moves
30 May 22

@gambrel said
With the amount of crap posts this would work
Exactly.

Über-Nerd

Moves
30 May 22

@fmf said
Slogan:

They Will Compare Me To St. Francis of Assisi.
Why, you old Hesychast, you.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
It's like wanting to be a politician.

While some start out with the best intentions, like Jimmy Stewart's 'Mr. Smith', wanting to 'do good' or 'make a difference', sooner or later they develop bias, whether personal, or for recompense. Meanwhile, some start with the bias already in place, and those motivations are far different.

They say that most people who strive to be a politician probably shouldn't be a politician. I expect the same applies to moderators.
Sounds like you are pretty cynical about the mod team here.

I agree it’s time for some fresh thinking and a steady hand on the tiler.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
Get serious.
You should try to resist fuelling you paranoia with every comment you read here, especially the spurious claims by Moonbus of “changes being rammed through against people’s wishes”.

It’s surprising to read such histrionics from an intelligent person.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
Come on, Rusty.

You're usually quicker than this.
Lol, is he?

You’ve spend the last years running the man into the ground.

Astonishing.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
Fun Fact: 50% of US politicians feel that lying will not hurt (but rather help) their chances of getting elected.
Let me guess, all Republicans?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
30 May 22

@suzianne said
"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest."
Elie Weasel

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are."
Benjamin Franklin

"If one really wishes to know how justice is administered in a country, one does not question the policeme ...[text shortened]... soldiers, there is no peace. Where there are too many lawyers, there is no justice."
Lyn Yutang
😂

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
30 May 22

@moonbus said
It's buried in a place to which you are not privy. <smirk smirk>
What anti-very Rusty thread is this then!?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
30 May 22

@moonbus said
It occurs to me that the post of mere moderator is beneath your skill set, you being so smart and all and privy to information you are not at liberty to divulge. I see a grave need for an agent with authority to investigate the prevalence of a phenomenon which does gravely degrade the site and is by no means merely silly or infantile. I refer of course to the blight of gang-t ...[text shortened]... a name for this special position. I've got it: Grand Inquisitors of RHP! By Jove, Watson, that's it.
Generally speaking, how do you cope with change in real life?

Moves
30 May 22

She's having a midlife crisis and her new identity is some wannabe social justice warrior.

Rather pathetic for a 50 year old woman.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
30 May 22

Slogan suggestion

“Change We Need, Change we Want”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.