My campaign to become a moderator

General

F

Moves
29 May 22

@moonbus said
However, your "campaign" and presentation of a list of qualifications reminds me of @sonship's post over at SF wherein he asked people to rate him as a teacher compared to the Apostle Paul. It looks presumptuous.
Rather than "presumptuous", I see myself as being proactive.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 May 22
2 edits

@very-rusty said
So are you saying you wouldn't be interested? That is a shame because I think you'd make a good Moderator and are well respected on the site by most people.

-VR
Kind words. Thank you.

The power of persuasion is the only one I aspire to.

(Oh, and maybe the strength to draw a 2000+ player once in a blue moon.)

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said
Rather than "presumptuous", I see myself as being proactive.
Rather than being proactive, I see you as being provocative.

F

Moves
29 May 22

@moonbus said
Rather than being proactive, I see you as being provocative.
Well, be that as it may. It would no longer be the case if I were only playing word games and sharing music.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said
When it comes to deleting posts, I will err on the side of lightness of touch.
I would rather that moderators err on the side of conformity with the ToS. Where posters frequently heavy-handedly violate the ToS, moderators should not be pussy-footing. (How's that for mixing metaphors? 😉 )

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said
Well, be that as it may. It would no longer be the case if I were only playing word games and sharing music.
I imagine you to have provocative taste in music. Or do I err on the side of light-heartedness here?

F

Moves
29 May 22

@moonbus said
I would rather that moderators err on the side of conformity with the ToS. Where posters frequently heavy-handedly violate the ToS, moderators should not be pussy-footing. (How's that for mixing metaphors? 😉 )
I myself don't violate the TOS, "heavy-handedly" or otherwise, and instead, conform to them. I am well placed, ethically and emotionally, to be a smooth and unobtrusive moderator, swift to weigh and wise in my decisions.

F

Moves
29 May 22

@moonbus said
I imagine you to have provocative taste in music. Or do I err on the side of light-heartedness here?
I shall err on the side of not including information about my taste in music as part of my platform.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said
I myself don't violate the TOS, "heavy-handedly" or otherwise, and instead, conform to them. I am well placed, ethically and emotionally, to be a smooth and unobtrusive moderator, swift to weigh and wise in my decisions.
More virtue profiling? Take it to Spirituality, Spanky.

F

Moves
29 May 22

@moonbus said
More virtue profiling?
I don't think so. I am just stating my case.

F

Moves
29 May 22

Campaign slogans please.

F

Moves
29 May 22

Campaign slogans please.
Just Say No to Boners for Contention

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 May 22

@moonbus said
Kind words. Thank you.

The power of persuasion is the only one I aspire to.

(Oh, and maybe the strength to draw a 2000+ player once in a blue moon.)
I've never played you my rating is too low. I'd love to have some unrated games with you, perhaps I might even learn something. Providing of course you even play low rated players such as myself.

Oh yes this about becoming a Moderator. Something I wouldn't want, even if I was unbias enough. It is a tough job, and we should be thankful to those who do it, but don't think we need fmf as one personally. I believe he has a motive behind mostly everything he does.

-VR

F

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said

Campaign slogans please.
Let Bygones Seem to be Bygones

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 May 22
1 edit

@very-rusty said
So are you saying you wouldn't be interested? That is a shame because I think you'd make a good Moderator and are well respected on the site by most people.

EDIT: Or are you leaving the door open to the idea?

-VR
It's not that I'm interested or not interested. It's just not how I see my role in this virtual space. I see myself as a paying guest on a cruise ship; it's not my place to tell the captain and crew how they run their ship. If I don't like how they run it, I am at liberty to get off and take another cruise ship instead.

@fmf is an agitator. He agitated about alerts, he's still agitating about thumbs, and now he's agitating to get himself appointed a moderator. Like a cruise passenger complaining about the fitments, and then trying to get himself made purser, on a Stena Line ferry. A bit uppity he is, IMO.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.