My campaign to become a moderator

General

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 May 22

@moonbus said
It's not that I'm interested or not interested. It's just not how I see my role in this virtual space. I see myself as a paying guest on a cruise ship; it's not my place to tell the captain and crew how they run their ship. If I don't like how they run it, I am at liberty to get off and take another cruise ship instead.

@fmf is an agitator. He agitated about alerts, he's s ...[text shortened]... itments, and then trying to get himself made purser, on a Stena Line ferry. A bit uppity he is, IMO.
I concur, it is hard to argue with what you said.

-VR

F

Moves
29 May 22
1 edit

@moonbus said
@fmf is an agitator. He agitated about alerts, he's still agitating about thumbs, and now he's agitating to get himself appointed a moderator.
Moderators lurk and swoop and weigh and decide; they don't agitate and advocate and provoke and presume. Different roles require different verbs.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said
I shall err on the side of not including information about my taste in music as part of my platform.
I am deeply suspicious of anyone with a "platform" campaigning for the post of moderator.

F

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said

Campaign slogans please.
Let Justice Prevail and the Forums Prosper

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said
Rather than "presumptuous", I see myself as being proactive.
Why not present Russ with the choice?

...in my opinion you can't become moderator in the near future after creating this thread...though you "thrive on conflict" most people won't go to you with theirs, or do they?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said

Campaign slogans please.
Vote for fmf as moderator so that RHP becomes "fmf's desert fora"

F

Moves
29 May 22

@moonbus said
I am deeply suspicious of anyone with a "platform" campaigning for the post of moderator.
Platform is simply a term that refers to a summary of qualifications and intentions.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said
Moderators lurk and swoop and weigh decide; they don't agitate and advocate and provoke and presume. Different roles require different verbs.
True. So a coaching question I like is:

You want to be a moderator, do you wnat to become one? (Then act like one for a reasonable time)

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 May 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Moderators lurk and swoop and weigh decide; they don't agitate and advocate and provoke and presume. Different roles require different verbs.
Talking the talk and walking the walk are easy to do as an old saying goes.

I personally don't believe you can be impartial and have a motive behind what ever you do.

You worked so hard at TRYING to getting rid of the red thumbs, why do you believe you have to advocate for yourself to be Moderator.

I believe Russ hand picks his Moderators. I don't believe he would consider you a candidate in my opinion and I always have an opinion. 🙂

-VR

F

Moves
29 May 22

@ponderable said
Vote for fmf as moderator so that RHP becomes "fmf's desert fora"
I might use this, thanks.

F

Moves
29 May 22

@ponderable said
Why not present Russ with the choice?

All in good time.

F

Moves
29 May 22

@ponderable said
You want to be a moderator, do you wnat to become one? (Then act like one for a reasonable time)
There's nothing incompatible about the way I "act".

F

Moves
29 May 22
1 edit

@ponderable said
...in my opinion you can't become moderator in the near future after creating this thread...though you "thrive on conflict" most people won't go to you with theirs, or do they?
I would just consider alerts and respond to feedback.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said

Campaign slogans please.
Vote for FMF the forums Masterchef.
They make them smarta in Jakarta.

F

Moves
29 May 22

@fmf said

Campaign slogans please.
Let Wisdom Be Swift and Vengeance Not Blatant

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.