RHP Prose Contest 2021

RHP Prose Contest 2021

General

Moves
26 Jan 21

@ponderable said
In fact the latter would needed to be done by Russ
True.
It might be below his rank and above his time allowance.
However, your valued competition is but once a year.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jan 21

@trev33 said
Travel while difficult and obviously not the same is possible at the moment you just need to really want/need it. I arrived here in a couple of months window when they didn't require a negative test or quarantine on arrival, now they do, Mexico still doesn't though last time I checked. Want to go to Peru but they've also brought back the quarantine for 14 days and that's somet ...[text shortened]... t though. Life has to go on.

Ok, I'll compromise, you pay for the hotel and I'll come and visit 😉
You claim to be the world traveler and you don't have a few dollars to put yourself up in a Hotel/motel/Inn?.....LOL.... Yup you are believable alright! 😉 😛

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jan 21

@suzianne said
Even diabetics are not all fat.
He didn't know that and you are correct and not all fat people are diabetic..

Fortunately for now I am neither nor would I want to be. The hell they go through I wouldn't want. I should have alerted his post, but left it so others could see it. I knew there would be the auto-bot alert because of some of the words used, but then a moderator has to check the post to see it will stand or not.

-VR

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
So why are the other Prose contest threads up. I thought we were only allowed one thread per subject. Has that changed or just ok for certain people?

-VR

So the Announcement thread was created to have only relevant information in just one thread.

Discussions here. The topic was also voted on in a separate thread. And you may complain to Russ for my threads cluttering the Forum. Since you never clutter anything this will probably deemed to be highly appropriate by the majority of your fans.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Jan 21

O and everybody: Please go to the Announcement thread to vote on the voting procedure

Moves
26 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
You claim to be the world traveler and you don't have a few dollars to put yourself up in a Hotel/motel/Inn?.....LOL.... Yup you are believable alright! 😉 😛

-VR
I have people from here on Facebook who have seen the pictures, ever spoken to anyone outside of this website in your 15 odd years here?

Ever heard of cost of living? What I'm paying for a month in an apartment here would be about the same as a few days in a hotel there id imagine.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jan 21

@trev33 said
I have people from here on Facebook who have seen the pictures, ever spoken to anyone outside of this website in your 15 odd years here?

Ever heard of cost of living? What I'm paying for a month in an apartment here would be about the same as a few days in a hotel there id imagine.
I don't claim to be a world traveler don't tell me about cost of living, I am living through it!....LOL....Anything else?

I speak to people in the real world trev, I don't need a website to go to speak with people, I do love having fun in the forums though! 😉 😛

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jan 21
1 edit

@ponderable said
@very-rusty said
So why are the other Prose contest threads up. I thought we were only allowed one thread per subject. Has that changed or just ok for certain people?

-VR

So the Announcement thread was created to have only relevant information in just one thread.

Discussions here. The topic was also voted on in a separate thread. And you may complain to Ru ...[text shortened]... er clutter anything this will probably deemed to be highly appropriate by the majority of your fans.
I have fans?....Jeeze who are they since you know so much pondy?

It has been a rule you could only have one Thread on a subject, I was making an observation. I also asked have the rules changed for certain people?

-VR

Moves
26 Jan 21

@very-rusty said

It has been a rule you could only have one Thread on a subject, I was making an observation. I also asked have the rules changed for certain people?

-VR
Please point me in the direction of that rule.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jan 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Please point me in the direction of that rule.
Moderators have removed threads before when they were about the same subject matter goad.

This time they seem ok with leaving them up for some unknown reason. Perhaps I could start a few on the same subject matter and show you how quick they are removed. 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jan 21

@wolfe63 said
True.
It might be below his rank and above his time allowance.
However, your valued competition is but once a year.
Ahhhh...I see so since it is only once a year, more than one thread on the Prose competition can be up at the same time! Jeeze, all sounds right to me! 😉

-VR

Moves
27 Jan 21

I woke up this morning with an idea for a story.

Fear me, fear me...

SRB

Moves
27 Jan 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Fear me, fear me...
The Fear Me Blues?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
27 Jan 21
1 edit

@very-rusty said
I have fans?....Jeeze who are they since you know so much pondy?

-VR
In the past a lot of threads were on roughly the same topic at the same time. I could point you to a few recent examples.

Thread 186406
Thread 186407
Thread 186409

I didn't see you complain then. It would have been more understandable even since the two later threads were evidently copycat threads from yours…
You like to clutter threads with meaningless drivel. So you cover the original intention, even if asked friendly to stay on topic.

I don't think that you will get the point. This will be the last I post on that topic.

Moves
27 Jan 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Fear me, fear me...
In O'Malley's Bar?

Nick Cave lyrics, a track on 'Murder Ballads'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.