The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Moves
250d

@torunn said
I think this might be a better day, it's my experience of week-ends. So have a seat in a quiet corner and read the morning paper, I will bring you fresh coffee and croissants with cream cheese and berries.
Reading this morning’s paper, I came across an article concerning a new “green bin (food scraps)” experiment they are going to institute in London (Ontario). Seems some crafty squirrels are gnawing through the “tough plastic” containers. Someone suggested that people let the wee beasties trap themselves in the bins and then eat them.🤔😲👍😁

Moves
250d

@mwmiller said
Is this the "Barking Frog" by chance, GBS? Seems I remember you mentioning that you had a pair of socks just like those that guy is wearing in the video. 🙂

Or is this just a normal day at the RHP Tavern at the end of "Happy Hour"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHAt-SN2Cw0
I took a close look at the fella in the suspenders, who looks somewhat like me, though with more hair and less “muscle” and determined it wasn’t me, though his dance steps and attire, do look like mine…eclectic clothing and energetic moves.👍😁

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
250d

@suzianne said
There's a bar just off the campus of University of Arizona (my Alma Mater) called The Frog and Firkin. Great fun place for UA games on Saturday and NFL games on Sunday. Pretty quiet the rest of the week outside of Happy Hour. But that was years ago since I've been there.
And we have dome great games coming this weekend. I want to see buffalo-pittsburgh

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
250d
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
And we have dome great games coming this weekend. I want to see buffalo-pittsburgh
Is it still on the weekend after the delay? Last I heard that game was delayed.

Edit: oh, it's on Monday at 2:30pm, so still the three-day weekend, I guess.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
250d

@great-big-stees said
Reading this morning’s paper, I came across an article concerning a new “green bin (food scraps)” experiment they are going to institute in London (Ontario). Seems some crafty squirrels are gnawing through the “tough plastic” containers. Someone suggested that people let the wee beasties trap themselves in the bins and then eat them.🤔😲👍😁
Where I live, we have a "green pile" that is only recyclable plant material (wood-chippable, I imagine), not food scraps. They come through with a backhoe and a special truck to pick that up.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
250d

@suzianne said
Is it still on the weekend after the delay? Last I heard that game was delayed.

Edit: oh, it's on Monday at 2:30pm, so still the three-day weekend, I guess.
Yes, It is post phoned till Monday! I just heard it on the News.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
250d
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Yes, It is post phoned till Monday! I just heard it on the News.

-VR
I guess Buffalo is getting a lot of snow on Sunday.

I can imagine white-out conditions.

Important game, being a Wild-Card game.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
250d
1 edit

@suzianne said
I guess Buffalo is getting a lot of snow on Sunday.

I can imagine white-out conditions.

Important game, being a Wild-Card game.
We are getting bad weather right across Canada from British Columbia to Newfoundland. We have a lot of rain and high winds, could possibly lose power tonight. At least we don't have the cold snap and snow they are having out west. I heard of temps reaching minus 40 - 50, that will kill a battery unless your vehicle is plugged in.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
250d

@very-rusty said
We are getting bad weather right across Canada from British Columbia to Newfoundland. We have a lot of rain and high winds, could possibly lose power tonight. At least we don't have the cold snap and snow they are having out west. I heard of temps reaching minus 40 - 50, that will kill a battery unless your vehicle is plugged in.

-VR
Here on the west-coast we expect temperatures down to -12C mid this week - a little complicated with icy grounds.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
250d

@torunn said
Here on the west-coast we expect temperatures down to -12C mid this week - a little complicated with icy grounds.
Sounds more realistic.

Gothenburg

Moves
250d
1 edit

@divegeester said
Sounds more realistic.
Yes, and only for a few days. And now they predict -7C, that's even better.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
250d

@torunn said
Yes, and only for a few days. And now they predict -7C, that's even better.
You’re lucky that you aren’t in Nova Scotia where the temperature might reach between -40 and -50 degrees.

Moves
249d
1 edit

@divegeester said
You’re lucky that you aren’t in Nova Scotia where the temperature might reach between -40 and -50 degrees.
Those temps were for the Western parts of Canada. Here where I am we are in the -16 to -18 C range with a bit (5-10cm) of snow. Buffalo and the rest of the “Golden Horseshoe” often get lots of snow with it being at the east end of Lake Erie and with the prevailing winds being westerly. Drinks anyone? Perhaps a hot toddy?👍🥶

Gothenburg

Moves
249d

@great-big-stees said
Those temps were for the Western parts of Canada. Here where I am we are in the -16 to -18 C range with a bit (5-10cm) of snow. Buffalo and the rest of the “Golden Horseshoe” often get lots of snow with it being at the east end of Lake Erie and with the prevailing winds being westerly. Drinks anyone? Perhaps a hot toddy?👍🥶
On Thursday we expect -11C, the other days round zero, strange isn't it? I would prefer a glass of sparkling wine, if there's any left, and cashew nuts straight from the bag. Thanks in advance. 🙂

Moves
249d

@torunn said
On Thursday we expect -11C, the other days round zero, strange isn't it? I would prefer a glass of sparkling wine, if there's any left, and cashew nuts straight from the bag. Thanks in advance. 🙂
It is always our pleasure to see that everyone’s requests are taken care of and most especially those who “help out” here. Sparkling wine and cashews, straight out of the bag, it is.👍

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.