The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
229d
1 edit

@divegeester said
As Torunn says I think they are similar to pork rinds. I don’t touch them myself, disgusting. But I thought they would appeal to the American palate.

https://www.snafflingpig.co.uk/blogs/pig-blogs/whats-the-difference-between-pork-scratchings-pork-crackling-and-pork-crunch-pork-rind

Also over here in the UK we have the “bacon sandwich” a “food of the Gods” item which is often not well made and sold in bread rolls rather than top quality un-toasted bread.
@divegeester said
I don’t touch them myself, disgusting. But I thought they would appeal to the American palate.
---------------------------------------

So what is disgusting to you, you think is good for Americans, or this one, anyway,

Can't say I didn't try!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
229d

@very-rusty said
Indeed, Earl seems to get special treatment in here from what I see. πŸ™‚

-VR
Well, yeah,,, I have that label on me that says "SPECIAL" πŸ™‚

F

Moves
228d

@divegeester said
As Torunn says I think they are similar to pork rinds. I don’t touch them myself, disgusting.
Porky scratchings are one the things I miss about living in Britain but this pull factor, on its own, is not enough to make me return.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
228d
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said

So what is disgusting to you, you think is good for Americans
I don’t think pork scratchings are good for anyone. But you Americans do like to fatten up.

F

Moves
228d

@divegeester said
I don’t think pork scratching are good for anyone. But you Americans do like to fatten up.
Even as a non-American, I resent the exclusionary healthsnob tone of your criticism of my porky-scratchings-adjacent lifestyle preferences.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
228d

@fmf said
Even as a non-American, I resent the exclusionary healthsnob tone of your criticism of my porky-scratchings-adjacent lifestyle preferences.
Do you have anything similar in Indonesia?

F

Moves
228d

@divegeester said
Do you have anything similar in Indonesia?
Yes. But they are relatively hard to come by on the predominantly Muslim island I live on. The Hindus in Bali love their pork. There is no "beef bacon" in most Balinese hotels' breakfast buffet. Alas, those soft and crunch and salty and sightly moist porky scratchings I remember from U.K. pubs are not something I have encountered.

Gothenburg

Moves
228d
1 edit

@fmf said
Yes. But they are relatively hard to come by on the predominantly Muslim island I live on. The Hindus in Bali love their pork. There is no "beef bacon" in most Balinese hotels' breakfast buffet. Alas, those soft and crunch and salty and sightly moist porky scratchings I remember from U.K. pubs are not something I have encountered.
We usually have crispy fries on potato, root vegetables but seldom eat what you call crispy pork skin, maybe more common in other countries. Perhaps not quite healthy but which fries are? As for the fat, Weight Watchers have a motto, "You can eat anything you like but not all the time."

F

Moves
228d

@torunn said
Weight Watchers have a motto, "You can eat anything you like but not all the time."
Mine is: "I eat whatever I want, but - sorry Weight Watchers - I seem to have lost all my timesheets."

F

Moves
228d

@torunn said
We usually have crispy fries on potato, root vegetables but seldom eat what you call crispy pork skin, maybe more common in other countries.
I seem to remember crispy pork skin in a roast dinner was called crackling. Scratchings are different.

Gothenburg

Moves
228d

@fmf said
Mine is: "I eat whatever I want, but - sorry Weight Watchers - I seem to have lost all my timesheets."
Weight Watchers are very good for those who need help to lose weight, but it takes discipline like other methods. The difference with WW is that the principle and diets are based on healthy thinking. It's not so much about losing weight quickly but lose weight and stay that way and stay healthy. It's easy if we follow the recipes and their way of thinking.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
228d

Are the cowboys gone yet?

Dang, a girl can't even drink in peace any more.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
228d

Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please!

Moves
228d

@divegeester said
Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please!
Will Tennent’s suffice?πŸΊπŸΊπŸ€”

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
228d

@great-big-stees said
Will Tennent’s suffice?πŸΊπŸΊπŸ€”
Anything a bit more up-market?

Don’t forget the crisps.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.