Prose Contest Announcement

General

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Jan 21

The RHP Prose contest 2021

Rules:
* We do a contest for original prose, written by RHP members. So please contribute only things you have written yourself. All material should be thought of as copyrighted and authors who wish will be attributed to their work. (Those who wish to be anonymous can get that also.
* Language is English.
* Length is no more than 1000 words (excluding the title).
* Topic is "Murder Mystery".
* You can send your entries either via (sometimes multiple) PM to me. Or you can send a file with a reasonable format (txt, rtf, doc, doc, odt, pdf (not secured) ) to Ponderable_Dickens@Yahoo.com. I will try to send receipts. Please contact me if I don't (it has happened that mails were in the SPAM).
* each author can send in up to three contributions. You can always change contributions, send edited versions, or pull back if you want to until I posted the stories.
* The competition ends in six weeks time: 8th of March 17:00 GMT.
* I will create a new thread with the stories, in which can be voted (three votes: 1st, 2nd and 3rd).
* If the story can't be posted on the Forum I will try to identify the reason and streamline accordingly (If you don't want this to happen try posting the story to see if it goes through yourself , don't forget to delete it immediately after the test.)

If something comes up, I will add to this set of rules.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Jan 21

I created this new thread to have things clearer. So please do the banter and conversation in the other thread and only post things of real importance to the Contest here.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jan 21

@ponderable said
I created this new thread to have things clearer. So please do the banter and conversation in the other thread and only post things of real importance to the Contest here.
So why are the other Prose contest threads up. I thought we were only allowed one thread per subject. Has that changed or just ok for certain people?

-VR

Moves
26 Jan 21

@ponderable said
Good thinking.

Is the plan only to have one round of voting this year?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Jan 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Good thinking.

Is the plan only to have one round of voting this year?
It was in the list of the questions in the original thread which was a bit obscured by various discussions. So please vote (fast) for your preferred option:

How many voting rounds?

68% one vote to win it all
32% two rounds of voting to have a twist...
19 votes • Final results

Moves
26 Jan 21

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jan 21

@ghost-of-a-duke removed their quoted post
Did you go with the one or two? I think it was because of two that you got tied for first last year right?

-VR

Moves
26 Jan 21

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jan 21

@ghost-of-a-duke removed their quoted post
Thank you for your answer.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
So why are the other Prose contest threads up. I thought we were only allowed one thread per subject. Has that changed or just ok for certain people?

-VR
@ponderable said

Missed this, did you, Rusty?

Moves
27 Jan 21

Haha

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Jan 21

@Ponderable

Thanks, Pondy, and may the deadest corpse win !

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Jan 21

@suzianne said
@ponderable said

Missed this, did you, Rusty?
You obviously are not paying attention to it Suzie Q.....LOL..... 😛

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
27 Jan 21

@moonbus said
@Ponderable

Thanks, Pondy, and may the deadest corpse win !
I'm looking forward to reading all the entries which I know will be good - how could it go wrong...?

PAR

The World

Moves
27 Jan 21

8 March 2021: possible end date for the latest UK lockdown (or easing thereof) and, more importantly, the entry date for the writing competition of the year!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.