Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Does one need to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Spirituality

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
3 edits

@divegeester said
I don’t know where you are going with this, nowhere it seems.

Using the old covenant to argue against the new covenant is bizarre. Why are you doing it?
I don’t know where you are going with this,
Liar.
You say there is no salvation "absolutely" without a knowledge, and belief in Christ. One "has to(absolute)" know of Him, and, accept Him as their Lord and savior before there is Salvation.
I'm asking you, then how did the Great Prophets of the Old Testament find salvation?
You bring up that they were under the Old Covenant and that is why they are saved.
I'll remind you that NONE of them lived up to the Old Covenant; and, most were deserving of death according to Old Testament Law at one time or another. So, where did their salvation come from?
Use scriptures if you wish.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
2 edits

@divegeester said
Really?
Ok please be specific?
You're assuming that scripture apply s to everyone else, even those who don't know Jesus yet. I say: Wrong! (my opinion). That's why we are here. Title of Thread.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
2 edits

@divegeester

Gospel of Matthew
[Matthew 22:37-40 NKJV] 37 Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 "This is [the] first and great commandment. 39 "And [the] second [is] like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
Nothing about a belief in Jesus here for Salvation; also, spoken by Jesus.

Gospel of Mark
[Mark 12:30-31 NKJV] 30 'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This [is] the first commandment. 31 "And the second, like [it, is] this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Gospel of Luke
[Luke 10:27-28 NKJV] 27 So he answered and said, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and 'your neighbor as yourself.' " 28 And He said to him, "You have answered rightly; do this and you will live."
Thoughts? Anyone?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
1 edit

@KingDavid403
God's Oneness
[John 14:7-11 NKJV] 7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him." 8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own [authority]; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 "Believe Me that I [am] in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
I don’t know where you are going with this,
Liar.
You say there is no salvation "absolutely" without a knowledge, and belief in Christ. One "has to(absolute)" know of Him, and, accept Him as their Lord and savior before there is Salvation.
I'm asking you, then how did the Great Prophets of the Old Testament find salvation?
You bring up that they were unde ...[text shortened]... Law at one time or another. So, where did their salvation come from?
Use scriptures if you wish.
Aren’t we talking present tense and not past tense though? Surely things changed after the crucifixion? The sacrifice of animals was no longer required for atonement?

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
11 Jul 20

@dj2becker said
Aren’t we talking present tense and not past tense though? Surely things changed after the crucifixion? The sacrifice of animals was no longer required for atonement?
You two should get along well.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
5 edits

@dj2becker said
All correct. My scriptures that I just posted are all New Testament Gospel Scriptures just a couple posts back. A post on God's Oneness from the New Testament also.
Please read and let me know?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
You two should get along well.
I have no problem.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
11 Jul 20
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
I have no problem.
Of course, have a chat with dj2becker about all this, he’s very interested in alternate views of universal truths.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@divegeester said
Of course, have a chat with dj2becker about all this, he’s very interested in alternate views of universal truths.
Can't be much worse than the current you.

Starmer is a liar

More in my profile

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Can't be much worse than the current you.
OK.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20

@KingDavid403
[Romans 10:6-7 NKJV] 6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?' " (that is, to bring Christ down [from above]) 7 or, " 'Who will descend into the abyss?' " (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).

Moves
11 Jul 20

@KingDavid403

For the sake of clarity, what are we talking about when we talk about salvation? Salvation from what?

Wouldn't it also be valid to assume and accept that life is a mixed bag, and then it ends?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Jul 20
2 edits

@caesar-salad said
@KingDavid403

For the sake of clarity, what are we talking about when we talk about salvation? Salvation from what?

Wouldn't it also be valid to assume and accept that life is a mixed bag, and then it ends?
From death. There was no death until we fell in sin. We're going back there sometime in the nearer future. All thanks to God (aka Jesus).

Well, that sure is the way it appears to us in the flesh without faith.
Is it valid to assume?
I would say, with all the evidence of God around us, and in us, no, it is not valid to assume. God clearly feels the same way according to His Holy Words.
Thoughts?

Moves
11 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
From death. There was no death until we fell in sin. We're going back there sometime in the nearer future. All thanks to God (aka Jesus).

Well, that sure is ...[text shortened]... it is not valid to assume. God clearly feels the same way according to His Holy Words.
Thoughts?
As for me, yes, of course I have thoughts. The Cosmos sprouts at all levels. 😉

But inasmuch as there has been a sociopath camped out in this forum for the past year or more, possibly many years, apparently for the purpose of cutting down or winding up other RHP members, I hesitate to share my thoughts.

The one I'm thinking of sometimes says "please" whenever he wants something, but otherwise it seems he is a shark gathering up material from other RHP members for the sake of using it against them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.